Can you get Halo 2V achievements in custom games?

It sounds like the matchmaking servers are down again, and possibly for good. Have 343 or Microsoft mentioned what’s up with that and if they’re coming back?

Also, has anyone been able to unlock the multiplayer achievements in custom games? I’m still able to get custom games going, but I don’t have anyone else to play with to test it out.

If you’re interested in boosting them, my gamertag is zeldafanjtl.

I haven’t unlocked any achievements in H2V since realizing how easy it was to get going yesterday. after completing the first mission i didn’t get the achievement for it. Since the servers are down the achievements aren’t unlocking at all I’m guessing.

> 2533274799798711;2:
> I haven’t unlocked any achievements in H2V since realizing how easy it was to get going yesterday. after completing the first mission i didn’t get the achievement for it. Since the servers are down the achievements aren’t unlocking at all I’m guessing.

Campaign achievements are definitely working; are you sure you were connected to Live? I had the Gravemind achievement pop today.

EDIT: Were you playing on Easy? The level achievements require Normal or harder.

> 2533274806245761;3:
> > 2533274799798711;2:
> > I haven’t unlocked any achievements in H2V since realizing how easy it was to get going yesterday. after completing the first mission i didn’t get the achievement for it. Since the servers are down the achievements aren’t unlocking at all I’m guessing.
>
>
> Campaign achievements are definitely working; are you sure you were connected to Live? I had the Gravemind achievement pop today.
>
> EDIT: Were you playing on Easy? The level achievements require Normal or harder.

yeah i did it on easy to see if they were working, on legendary i didn’t get the plasma grenade achievement but I’m guessing that’s a multi-player achievement now. Then again i was also picking up every skull along the way on legendary forgetting that it immediately takes effect unlike the halo 3 skull system :S and I thought that might have screwed up the achievements as well.

> 2533274799798711;4:
> > 2533274806245761;3:
> > > 2533274799798711;2:
> > > I haven’t unlocked any achievements in H2V since realizing how easy it was to get going yesterday. after completing the first mission i didn’t get the achievement for it. Since the servers are down the achievements aren’t unlocking at all I’m guessing.
> >
> >
> > Campaign achievements are definitely working; are you sure you were connected to Live? I had the Gravemind achievement pop today.
> >
> > EDIT: Were you playing on Easy? The level achievements require Normal or harder.
>
>
> yeah i did it on easy to see if they were working, on legendary i didn’t get the plasma grenade achievement but I’m guessing that’s a multi-player achievement now.

Yeah, according to every achievement guide I’ve read, it’s a multiplayer achievement. Would you be down to boost if we could get a group together?

> 2533274806245761;5:
> > 2533274799798711;4:
> > > 2533274806245761;3:
> > > > 2533274799798711;2:
> > > > I haven’t unlocked any achievements in H2V since realizing how easy it was to get going yesterday. after completing the first mission i didn’t get the achievement for it. Since the servers are down the achievements aren’t unlocking at all I’m guessing.
> > >
> > >
> > > Campaign achievements are definitely working; are you sure you were connected to Live? I had the Gravemind achievement pop today.
> > >
> > > EDIT: Were you playing on Easy? The level achievements require Normal or harder.
> >
> >
> > yeah i did it on easy to see if they were working, on legendary i didn’t get the plasma grenade achievement but I’m guessing that’s a multi-player achievement now.
>
>
> Yeah, according to every achievement guide I’ve read, it’s a multiplayer achievement. Would you be down to boost if we could get a group together?

Sounds good.

> 2533274799798711;6:
> > 2533274806245761;5:
> > > 2533274799798711;4:
> > > > 2533274806245761;3:
> > > > > 2533274799798711;2:
> > > > > I haven’t unlocked any achievements in H2V since realizing how easy it was to get going yesterday. after completing the first mission i didn’t get the achievement for it. Since the servers are down the achievements aren’t unlocking at all I’m guessing.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Campaign achievements are definitely working; are you sure you were connected to Live? I had the Gravemind achievement pop today.
> > > >
> > > > EDIT: Were you playing on Easy? The level achievements require Normal or harder.
> > >
> > >
> > > yeah i did it on easy to see if they were working, on legendary i didn’t get the plasma grenade achievement but I’m guessing that’s a multi-player achievement now.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, according to every achievement guide I’ve read, it’s a multiplayer achievement. Would you be down to boost if we could get a group together?
>
>
> Sounds good.

Cool, I accepted your friend request. I’ll send you an invite if you’re on when I am and I have some other people.

awesome. just got 2 achievements. haha. i’m going to bed.