Can you get DLC achievements without map pack

I only have the Anniversary map pack but somehow my friends and I have gotten DLC achievements of map packs we don’t have.

Here are some of the DLC achievements (that are not Anniversary) I have unlocked:

Crackin’ Skulls
Defiant: Killed 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.

Totally Worth It
Noble 1: Earned a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

You Blew It Up! (this one I got at a friends’ who had the map pack)
Noble 1: Your team blew up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.

Candy from a Baby
Defiant: Captured two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Poppin’ & Lockin’
Noble 1: Destroyed a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

Both Barrels
Noble 1: Earned a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.

How did I unlock these achievements without the map pack? Can you get the achievements without the map packs? If 343 reads this, please don’t take away my achievements. I love my gamerscore lol and plenty of other people have gotten these achievement when they did not have the maps. I would buy the Reach map packs, but Halo 4 is coming out and the Reach maps never show up on Matchmaking :frowning:

I would ask you guys for help getting the rest of the achievements but my Xbox Live has expired and I won’t renew until Halo 4 :stuck_out_tongue:

The first wave of DLC achievements for both Defiant & Noble didn’t require the map packs, only the most recent DLC achievements did.

> The first wave of DLC achievements for both Defiant & Noble didn’t require the map packs, only the most recent DLC achievements did.

I thought they did require the map packs. Huh, so the only DLC achievements that require the map packs are the Anniversary ones? Could you please tell me which ones are the “most recent DLC achievements”?

Thanks for your post, btw.

> > The first wave of DLC achievements for both Defiant & Noble didn’t require the map packs, only the most recent DLC achievements did.
>
> I thought they did require the map packs. Huh, so the only DLC achievements that require the map packs are the Anniversary ones? Could you please tell me which ones are the “most recent DLC achievements”?
>
> Thanks for your post, btw.

The achievements added with the release of Halo: Anniversary are the ones that require the map packs to be unlocked.

Defiant
Don’t Touch That!
Paper Beats Rock
All Alone

All Anniversary achievements