Can you get banned for "bridging host"?

It may be a stupid question but seriously host bridging isn’t that bad it’s not like you’re stand-bying or anything. It’s just forcing yourself to “pull host” which is a huge advantage… I would like to have host every game I play lol so I’m considering doing it, but I don’t wanna get banned, so if that’s the case I won’t do it.

Btw one of my friends told me about host bridging, I know nothing about it except that it aparenelty forces host upon yourself… So if that’s not what it does, nobody please bash me lol thanks.

“nobody please bash me”!!!??? this has got to be a joke. You are basically admitting to a form of cheating! “using unknown methods to influence the results of the game”. please ban this kid right now!

im not sure if its do able anymore. But it used to be something bungie would try to ban you for. Hence, this isnt bungie.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> “nobody please bash me”!!!??? this has got to be a joke. You are basically admitting to a form of cheating! “using unknown methods to influence the results of the game”. please ban this kid right now!

You are a complete IDIOT. I literally just explained that if it’s cheating that I WILL NOT DO IT. -Yoink!- man, I hate idiots like you.

> It may be a stupid question but seriously host bridging isn’t that bad it’s not like you’re stand-bying or anything. It’s just forcing yourself to “pull host” which is a huge advantage… I would like to have host every game I play lol so I’m considering doing it, but I don’t wanna get banned, so if that’s the case I won’t do it.
>
> Btw one of my friends told me about host bridging, I know nothing about it except that it aparenelty forces host upon yourself… So if that’s not what it does, nobody please bash me lol thanks.

its a form of cheating… its illegal.

[/quote]
its a form of cheating… its illegal.
[/quote]
How is forcing yourself to have host in a video game illegal .__________.

> Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
>
> • Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.

Source: The Official Halo 4 Ban Thread

> Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
>
> Manipulating network performance to improve your online performance or degrade another player’s

Source: Halo 4 banning and enforcement

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

>

let me rephrase… You are admitting to wanting to cheat. How can you not see bridging is cheating? “idiots” like me? good lord, you can’t even see how bridging is cheating. Go crawl back in your hole you ignorant simpleton.

If you have to ask if you can get banned for it, chances are the answer is yes. For this, you definitely can since it’s manipulating your network.

> > Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
> >
> > • Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
>
> Source: The Official Halo 4 Ban Thread
>
>
>
> > Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
> >
> > Manipulating network performance to improve your online performance or degrade another player’s
>
> Source: Halo 4 banning and enforcement

I think this pretty much sums everything up.

Yeah, I remember the whole bridging thing back in the day. Was a pretty big deal, and Bungie did not like it.

If this is considered cheating, then how is 343i’s way of network compensation not cheating. It has got to be the stupidest system I have witnessed.

Using any form of know/un-known exploits in game or not is considered cheating! And according to the cyber security act:

Using a known/un-known exploit to influence a system in anyway is illegal, and a federal offense!

Sure hope so, because it’s cheating.

> It may be a stupid question but seriously host bridging isn’t that bad…
>
> … It’s just forcing yourself to “pull host” which is a huge advantage… I would like to have host every game I play… so I’m considering doing it.

This --along with the rest of the OP-- absolutely mystifies me. How exactly can you justify trying to cheat like this? “Oh, it’s not that bad, it’s just a huge advantage and I want it every game”?

Pathetic. Harden up and learn how to play, and play fairly.

> It may be a stupid question but seriously host bridging isn’t that bad…
>
> … It’s just forcing yourself to “pull host” which is a huge advantage… I would like to have host every game I play… so I’m considering doing it.

This --along with the rest of the OP-- absolutely mystifies me. How exactly can you justify trying to cheat like this? “Oh, it’s not that bad, it’s just a huge advantage and I want it every game”?

Pathetic. Harden up and learn how to play, and play fairly.

> You are a**…**

Oh, you hate idiots like him

1. Do NOT cheat, it is bannable and illegal against your Xbox Live terms of use. You could be banned from Halo and also have your Xbox console banned from Xbox Live all together.

1. I will NOT go into more detail due to cheating insights. Do not Private Message me about this topic.

2. Technically it is still possible but WORTHLESS with new detection systems built during Halo Reach and iterated during Halo 4 so the poor “bridged host” is detected quickly and host migration occurs to avoid the cheaters. A common complaint about black screen or host migration is due to players attempting to cheat through various means such as bridging, standby and other network manipulations.

3. The “bridged host” also gains a black mark so to speak against their hosting record and this accumulates so you’ll simply never be allowed to host even when trying to bridge in future. Literally you could simply be playing against other cheaters for the rest of your Halo days.

4. You are better off simply partying up with local friends/players near you. The more you play with your regular friends the better host record you will build up and the more often your games will have a great connection quality.

5. Do not quit out of games either, this can contribute to a poor host record etc.

6. Change your tactics for online play e.g. shoot using a DMR more than throwing grenades as DMR is “instant hitscan” opposed to grenades having to go to the host and back to your console before throwing. Tactics and strategy are more effective than attempting to cheat.

Overall you do NOT want to get known as a cheater or an attempted cheater. Your best bet is to play with local friends, change your gameplay and stick it out through games without quitting. Over time the matchmaking system intelligence will learn what are good games with respect to host for your buddies and you.

>

Someone give this guy a medal. He’s got integrity