Can you fix the Post # in the thread?

I do a lot of research in regards to Halo and whatnot(yeah sad) and in the event of a debate that I would like to archive or anything in that regard, the post # does not represent the actual numbered post in the thread.

This will become evident by looking at replies to this thread(if there are any). It seems to be entirely random b/c post #10 can be on page 50 and no other posts really being in any order at all.

Post #'s are screwy. I think what we figured out is that if I quote post #43, my post will then become post #44, even if we’re on page 5 of the thread. It’s really strange and we noticed it in the Gammas but I’m not sure if that’s something that’s fixable or not. :confused:

> Post #'s are screwy. I think what we figured out is that if I quote post #43, my post will then become post #44, even if we’re on page 5 of the thread. It’s really strange and we noticed it in the Gammas but I’m not sure if that’s something that’s fixable or not. :confused:

Well everything is fixable in regards to a website.

Its just a matter of having the resources and wanting to fix it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

> Well everything is fixable in regards to a website.
>
> Its just a matter of having the resources and wanting to fix it.
>
> :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re talking about a borderline-nonsensical bug in what should be a foolproof feature, in a forum platform that was developed by another organization, and that runs on top of ASP.NET. I think they’d need a literal army of coders to find and fix the issue. :\