Can xb1 play pc?

So I downloaded hw de to my pc and hooked up the Xbox one controller. I tried to make a game with my brother who was on an Xbox one but he couldn’t join. The game looks so much better on my tv. I have a 4k tv and a gtx 760 card 2gb, i7 4770 intel CPU, 8gb ram. Is it because the response time like moving units seemed so much better and on point then the console. Anyone have any info on this ?

No sorry OP, there is no cross-play between platforms. PC can only play with PC and Xbox can only play with Xbox

How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players. It can’t be a matter of hardware being better for pc because what if I played on a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming machine? I truly don’t understand why Microsoft wouldn’t give us that freedom to choose. So when the Scorpio comes out and has superior hardware then a reg Xbox one what will happen then? will players on the Scorpio get or feel an advantage ? I’m baffled at why they would limit themselves. So people keep buying consoles that are outdated before they are even launched? I have a great gaming pc and can’t play with my buddies so it sits there and collects dust. What a waste this whole “cross platform” idea is.

> 2743710844422030;3:
> How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players. It can’t be a matter of hardware being better for pc because what if I played on a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming machine? I truly don’t understand why Microsoft wouldn’t give us that freedom to choose. So when the Scorpio comes out and has superior hardware then a reg Xbox one what will happen then? will players on the Scorpio get or feel an advantage ? I’m baffled at why they would limit themselves. So people keep buying consoles that are outdated before they are even launched? I have a great gaming pc and can’t play with my buddies so it sits there and collects dust. What a waste this whole “cross platform” idea is.

It’s not about computing power or graphics. It’s about Mouse and Keyboard vs. Controller.

Keeping PC and Xbox separate is the easiest solution to implement. It’s your prerogative (and problem) if you choose to use a gamepad while on PC.

Besides KB&M, PC also has the advantage of unit groupings, IIRC.

> 2743710844422030;3:
> How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players. It can’t be a matter of hardware being better for pc because what if I played on a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming machine? I truly don’t understand why Microsoft wouldn’t give us that freedom to choose. So when the Scorpio comes out and has superior hardware then a reg Xbox one what will happen then? will players on the Scorpio get or feel an advantage ? I’m baffled at why they would limit themselves. So people keep buying consoles that are outdated before they are even launched? I have a great gaming pc and can’t play with my buddies so it sits there and collects dust. What a waste this whole “cross platform” idea is.

I’d rather not play against hackers. Thanks.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> No sorry OP, there is no cross-play between platforms. PC can only play with PC and Xbox can only play with Xbox

Gears of War 4 has cross play (wasn’t there other games too?) why not this?

I mean like some say, good riddance because of hackers but damn the populations would be bigger otherwise.

Have to ask 343 why cross play isn’t a feature, not anything I know about sorry

> 2743710844422030;3:
> How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players.

i play everything on pc with my controllers. no problems if you have skills with your chosen device. and skills will come with time and practice :wink:
the whole vs.things are only in the mind of many people… stereotypes and prejudices.
but a lot of people already play everything with their controllers and no one realize this because there is no real difference, as long as you know what you do.
and sure… there are everywhere hackers, glitchers, bad players and good players, but the control unit or platform doesn’t really matter. also when some people will cry and complain now.

btw:
crossplay comes maybe to hw2
they have already said, that they had only no time to implement it to the launch. i’m sure that we will see at least a few crossplay test events in the first weeks.

I wilk try and find source but they said they wanted too for halo wars 2 but did not work out primarily due to PC advantage on rts games.

I presume they had same thought process for this game.

> 2535442321098012;9:
> I wilk try and find source but they said they wanted too for halo wars 2 but did not work out primarily due to PC advantage on rts games.
>
> I presume they had same thought process for this game.

i think this was a personal author comment or a stupid headline.
Dan Ayoub (343 boss) said:
“Cross-play is something we were looking at early on in development,” he said. “We’ve been in development since 2014. But as we looked at our timing and our design decisions, we focused on some different things that basically became Xbox Play Anywhere.”

“Cross-play is something we’re excited about potentially down the line,” he said, “and we’re looking at that for the franchise, but in the Halo Wars 2 timeframe, we’re focusing on Play Anywhere.”

‘focusing’ doesn’t means ‘no’ for crossplay.
they have things with higher priority, but this doesn’t means that there could be no crossplay test events, since they want it anyway in future titles and they have a lot to do to fight against all these stereotypes and so on.

you can see it at gow… a lot of people had prejudice because of m/k,pc, console, fps, snipers, aimbot and blah blah blah… but the crossplay events was a success and some kind of permanent crossplay is coming with tu3 or tu4. (event stats are coming too)

and it wouldn’t be possible to play with controller on pc, when it would be sooo bad against m/k.

> 2533274793719143;8:
> > 2743710844422030;3:
> > How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players.
>
> i play everything on pc with my controllers. no problems if you have skills with your chosen device. and skills will come with time and practice :wink:
> the whole vs.things are only in the mind of many people… stereotypes and prejudices.
> but a lot of people already play everything with their controllers and no one realize this because there is no real difference, as long as you know what you do.
> and sure… there are everywhere hackers, glitchers, bad players and good players, but the control unit or platform doesn’t really matter. also when some people will cry and complain now.
>
> btw:
> crossplay comes maybe to hw2
> they have already said, that they had only no time to implement it to the launch. i’m sure that we will see at least a few crossplay test events in the first

hmmmm I’m going to disagree here. There is no way a controller vs a mouse and keyboard in an RTS game will win. You can micro your units with so much more speed and accuracy with a mouse then an analog.

All im saying is there is an option to choose controller OR mouse and keyboard and as soon as I click “controller” it should let Me play against console players .

> 2535442321098012;9:
> I wilk try and find source but they said they wanted too for halo wars 2 but did not work out primarily due to PC advantage on rts games.
>
> I presume they had same thought process for this game.

I assumed this was the main issue. That’s why I mentioned what happens against a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming pc? Or what’s going to be the difference between an xb1 and a Scorpio? The Scorpio will have superior hardware .

> 2661949065475413;5:
> > 2743710844422030;3:
> > How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players. It can’t be a matter of hardware being better for pc because what if I played on a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming machine? I truly don’t understand why Microsoft wouldn’t give us that freedom to choose. So when the Scorpio comes out and has superior hardware then a reg Xbox one what will happen then? will players on the Scorpio get or feel an advantage ? I’m baffled at why they would limit themselves. So people keep buying consoles that are outdated before they are even launched? I have a great gaming pc and can’t play with my buddies so it sits there and collects dust. What a waste this whole “cross platform” idea is.
>
> I’d rather not play against hackers. Thanks.

Well that would be 343i job to stop hacking like blizzard stops it for starcraft. As long as your using the same device meaning controller or mouse and keyboard then the playing field should be level.

na, it’s practice… training… skill and not more.
and everything has its own “handicap”, but you can learn to play with it.

it’s like players who play with arrows keys and numpad; and players who play with wasd and string numbers or other keys.
a player who play the whole time with arrows keys has problems when he is forced to play with wasd. (and vice versa)
another point is that there are also thousands of differend mouse versions… good ones, bad ones, laggy ones, old ones, special ones. (like with the players)
so you can’t say that the best of the best represent all others. the average system is regarding to steams monthly survey really casual and not high end.
many people also overestimate their reaction time and sensitivity, they aren’t benchmarks. and others even don’t adjust their own controller or mouse sensitivity, deadzones and so.

it wouldn’t be possible to play with controller on pc, when it would be sooo bad against m/k. :wink:
and pc multiplayer wouldn’t exist, when it would make such a difference between good and slow pc systems. the most improvement is for your own pleasure, it’s sometimes also a kind of -Yoink!- in our digital world like collecting lego.
but it isn’t something like pay to win. you can’t win a game only because you have the better pc. (there can be some improvements through bigger screens and so on, but no one of this points will bring you the win when your game skills sucks)
and FPS are misinterpreted by most people anyway.

why do some people don’t believe the people who have been using a controller for years?
they are case studies, they can say whether they have any problems or not.
but the people trust more in guys who have tried this just a few times (or never) and gave up.

> 2533274809541057;4:
> > 2743710844422030;3:
> > How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players. It can’t be a matter of hardware being better for pc because what if I played on a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming machine? I truly don’t understand why Microsoft wouldn’t give us that freedom to choose. So when the Scorpio comes out and has superior hardware then a reg Xbox one what will happen then? will players on the Scorpio get or feel an advantage ? I’m baffled at why they would limit themselves. So people keep buying consoles that are outdated before they are even launched? I have a great gaming pc and can’t play with my buddies so it sits there and collects dust. What a waste this whole “cross platform” idea is.
>
> It’s not about computing power or graphics. It’s about Mouse and Keyboard vs. Controller.
>
> Keeping PC and Xbox separate is the easiest solution to implement. It’s your prerogative (and problem) if you choose to use a gamepad while on PC.
>
> Besides KB&M, PC also has the advantage of unit groupings, IIRC.

So because it’s “easy” for 343i and or Microsoft it makes it okay? Shouldn’t be that hard to implement. I want a community of gamers that can all come together and play . I don’t want to be limited to a console and if I choose to use my pc then I lose my community of friends . It should be up to the consumer to decide. So to keep my community and improve my game graphics I have to go buy a Scorpio when it’s released? My pc already gives me that experience now I just can’t play with my buddies. What a waste .

> 2533274793719143;14:
> na, it’s practice… training… skill and not more.
> and everything has its own “handicap”, but you can learn to play with it.
>
> it’s like players who play with arrows keys and numpad; and players how play with wasd and string numbers or other keys.
> a player who play the whole time with arrows keys has problems when he is forced to play with wasd. (and vice versa)
> another point is that there are also thousands of differend mouse versions… good ones, bad ones, laggy ones, old ones, special ones. (like with the players)
> so you can’t say that the best of the best represent all others. the average system is regarding to steams monthly survey really casual and not high end.
> many people also overestimate their reaction time and sensitivity. **and others even don’t adjust their own controller or mouse sensitivity, deadzones and so.**it wouldn’t be possible to play with controller on pc, when it would be sooo bad against m/k. :wink:
> and pc multiplayer wouldn’t exist, when it would make such a difference between good and slow pc systems. the most improvement is for your own pleasure, it’s somethimes also a kind of -Yoink!- our digital world.
> but it isn’t something like pay to win. you can’t win a game only because you have the better pc. (there can be some improvements through bigger screens and so on, but no one of this will bring you the win when your game skills sucks)
> and FPS are misinterpreted by most people anyway.

I’m not speaking about FPS , So let’s stay on topic of RTS . It should be simple enough for 343i to implement a system that if I’m on my pc I can choose a drop down box to play with xb1 players and it automatically changes my input device to a controller. If I choose to play on the pc I will stick with the mouse and keyboard.

If they don’t give the consumer this option then the only logical answer is because they want console players to run out and buy a Scorpio to improve their games. If they did implement the system I would have to make a choice , buy a Scorpio for 500.00 let’s say or buy a graphics card for that amount that would make my PC and overall experience poop on the Scorpio .

meeting at Microsoft
Hmmmmm …profit margins , profit margins, wait? What? Ahhhh, who cares about the consumer! They are just dumb sheep that won’t complain and buy everything we throw at them. Less is more people!

FPS frames per seconds
not first person shooter…

why should i be forced to play with xbox players only because i want to use a controller?
what would you say when you are forced to play with an trackball to play with pc players?

The way I see it, PC and RTS should only be able to play each other in private matches. Being able to search out Xbone players as a PC player is just not fair.

> 2743710844422030;13:
> > 2661949065475413;5:
> > > 2743710844422030;3:
> > > How does that make any sense? If I choose to use a controller on my pc then I should be able to play against console players. If I use my mouse and keyboard then I should play against PC players. It can’t be a matter of hardware being better for pc because what if I played on a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming machine? I truly don’t understand why Microsoft wouldn’t give us that freedom to choose. So when the Scorpio comes out and has superior hardware then a reg Xbox one what will happen then? will players on the Scorpio get or feel an advantage ? I’m baffled at why they would limit themselves. So people keep buying consoles that are outdated before they are even launched? I have a great gaming pc and can’t play with my buddies so it sits there and collects dust. What a waste this whole “cross platform” idea is.
> >
> > I’d rather not play against hackers. Thanks.
>
> Well that would be 343i job to stop hacking like blizzard stops it for starcraft. As long as your using the same device meaning controller or mouse and keyboard then the playing field should be level.

Map hack in SC2 is still an issue. People aimbot Overwatch, people farmbot wow. Blizzard isn’t exactly a standard to hold other games up to.

Additionally, as someone else mentioned, it doesn’t create an even playing field when PC version has features console does not.

> 2743710844422030;12:
> > 2535442321098012;9:
> > I wilk try and find source but they said they wanted too for halo wars 2 but did not work out primarily due to PC advantage on rts games.
> >
> > I presume they had same thought process for this game.
>
> I assumed this was the main issue. That’s why I mentioned what happens against a pc with minimum requirements vs a monster gaming pc? Or what’s going to be the difference between an xb1 and a Scorpio? The Scorpio will have superior hardware .

I fail to see how hardware provides any advantage… I don’t get your hangup with the Scorpio. Besides making the game look better, better graphics will not provide any advantage.

Halo Wars 2 is being built to run on Xbox One. While it may end up running somewhat better on a Scorpio, that won’t provide any advantage in head-to-head gameplay over an Xbox One.

The problem is difference in peripherals.

Arguably, there could’ve been an option that allows for some form of cross-play between reciprocal users (people using the same peripherals, regardless of platform), but there isn’t. Which isn’t really a problem. Just play the game on whatever platform you choose against players on the same platform.