Can we trust 343i with h5?worth the buy?

halo 4 was messy. i mean come on.

to many updates to many changes, this is why a beta is needed. so they can sort out this issues BEFORE the game is released and not 3-4 months in still changing things ALOT. i know it was done in the past but with h4 it is alot more. The question is, will and can we trust 343i to bring a clean new game? fixed with content to keep people interested, new and old. whilst still delivering the classic halo gameplay with new customisation.

some idea’s i had:

-playlist voting needs better and more consistent structure. dont add gametypes in after launch, have them there ready to go (the basic ones like slayer pro etc.)

-sprint only in some gametypes, and an improved sprint mech, not as long sprint regen time. no sprint in classic gametypes which i think should be involved.

-equipment should return as unlockables and customizable’s like bf3. some idea’s: land mine, regen field, flare, radar jamer, vehicle jamer, smoke gun, C4 x2 (weak), health packs halo reach style X2,

-no instant respawn. please just no, this ruined halo

-more weapons. we need a UNSC, brute, forerunner and Covenant weapon list, including new brute pistol and sniper/power/precision primary.

-more vehicles, brute vehicles should return, with the hornet and new mulitman UNSC vehicle’s. clicking the right or left stick should switch the viewer between first and third person, have 3rd person by default.

-a consistant and good weapon unlock system that rewards players for using the weapons, like in BF3, iyd like to see unlock able camo’s etc. even service stars would be cool. but no scopes or anything else keep it halo.

-not such an easy rank progression, after more then 2 years of reach play im half way through forerunner, first 6 months of h4 i hit top level, not good 343i not good.

-more 4v4 symmetrical, i knew h4 would suffer on the lack of 4v4 maps, sigh.

-REACH STRAFE AND HIT BOX MECHANICS BACK< VERY FRICKEN IMPORTANT FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY

i was an avid fan of MLG reach and really want halo back on a solid foundation, iam honestly currently not buying h5, until i see some things added above which make for a longer lasting mature game like bf3 and reach. thanks and lets hope i want halo to be my favourite again

Most fps games go through many updates, it does not make them a mess. Halo 2 had 6 and halo 3 had 4. It’s not uncommon.

Can we trust them not to mess Halo 5 up? Well as far as multiplayer is concerned, they are yet to do anything significant that would give us reason to trust them. They have given us plenty of reasons not to trust them.

I hate this idea of having faith in 343, you always hear it, “have some faith in them guys!”

Um no thank you, I’ll trust them when they give me good reason to.

It will take a -Yoinking!- hell of a lot of work to change my view of the developers that thought Halo needed to be the next Call of Duty.

I’m sure they will make a great single player, but we’ll see about the matchmaking.

> I’m sure they will make a great single player, but we’ll see about the matchmaking.

and forge and theater and firefight…

The only reason why I have trust in 343 is because they know good and well that this is their last chance for many, and that they can’t afford to make another bad Halo. Plus they’ve been getting TONS of feedback, so they’d have to be pretty incompetent to not make a good game.

> I’m sure they will make a great single player, but we’ll see about the matchmaking.

Pretty much this.
I have no doubt in their ability to bring us a great campaign but I still have my doubts that they’ll be able to give us much in terms of multiplayer.

> The only reason why I have trust in 343 is because they know good and well that this is their last chance for many, and that they can’t afford to make another bad Halo. Plus they’ve been getting TONS of feedback, so they’d have to be pretty incompetent to not make a good game.

Hmmm I hope you’re right.

Yep i play it mostly for story now so i trust them.

I still think the beef with sprint as default is unnecessary. It brings you from point A to B faster and has become a staple to all modern shooters, even Half Life has sprint.

> I still think the beef with sprint as default is unnecessary. It brings you from point A to B faster and has become a staple to all modern shooters, even Half Life has sprint.

One of the main arguments is that maps have to scaled bigger. But is that REALLY a problem, and do maps really have to be scaled THAT much larger?

> > I’m sure they will make a great single player, but we’ll see about the matchmaking.
>
> and forge and theater and firefight…

And Custom Games.

Also, we know literally nothing about the game yet.

It’s 60 fps, has dedicated servers, and uses the cloud.

That’s about all we know about Halo 5.

So, I think it’s best that we watch for vidocs, videos, and articles about the game.

We’ll definitely be able to see what we’re getting when these sources come out.

Halo 4 was…misleading, to say the least.

> Also, we know literally nothing about the game yet.
>
> It’s 60 fps, has dedicated servers, and uses the cloud.
>
> That’s about all we know about Halo 5.
>
> So, I think it’s best that we watch for vidocs, videos, and articles about the game.
>
> We’ll definitely be able to see what we’re getting when these sources come out.
>
> Halo 4 was…misleading, to say the least.

How was halo 4 misleading?

I think they have done an amazing job with Halo 4. I don’t mind not having as much customization in Halo as to emphasis on skill of player and not weapons and upgrades so much. If they listen to most of the post on the forums we well get a COD or BF3 game with Halo cosmetics and that’s what we definitely don’t want. Halo well definitely fade out then. I like that im rewarded for learning how to move and fight not to see who can shot first. Look at the championships it was exciting to watch player movement in a fight. There was one moment in the finals when Legit was dodging shots then frags behind a support column then hide behind the boxes all with his shields going up and down then got away. I was on the edge of my seat. My wife even sat and watched the whole thing and was getting into it. Watch a COD or BF3 matches not the same feeling quick and boring. Between the great breakdown commentary and action it was like watching one of the big time sports which hopefully is were gaming is headed and hopefully Halo. Halo is special the game play and style at its core needs to stay the same. In short 343 is doing exactly what they should be and they are doing good with the game and great things on the competitive level with the Global Championships. I hope they make the Championships a annual thing.

> I still think the beef with sprint as default is unnecessary. It brings you from point A to B faster and has become a staple to all modern shooters, even Half Life has sprint.

I’ll tell you why you’re wrong.

Sprint does not get you from A to B faster if we are talking about traversing the maps, as average map size has been increased to accommodate sprint.

If A = a fight, and B = cover, then sprint gets you there faster, but you must understand that this is a problem for those who appreciated that Halo didn’t originally encourage and allow players to do this.
You may love being able to easily escape situations that you really shouldn’t have been able to escape, but it quite simply isn’t Halo. Not if we are to identify Halo with the original gameplay mechanics.

“has become a staple to all modern shooters, even Half Life has sprint.” - If I annoyed a Halo fan for every time I heard this, I’d be Halo 4.

Half Life has it, therefore Halo must have it too - Do you see how it sounds when I say it like that?
Because I’m trying to figure out how to make you people realize how ridiculous that suggestion is.

Do you not appreciate originality and uniqueness? Do you not appreciate that having blanaced gameplay which works is MUCH more important than being the same as every other game, for the sake of being the same?

Do you not appreciate that if every FPS was competing to be the same, then there would only need to be one FPS game in existence?

If you read my post without bias, then you absolutely will have gained some knowledge today on why people have “beef” with sprint, and why that “beef” is 100% justified, regardless of whether or not you happen to like it.

I sure hope that 343i maintain their vision and do not succumb to those that are stuck in the past.

> I sure hope that 343i maintain their vision and do not succumb to those that are stuck in the past.

They can maintain it, but they need to give us Traditional Fans a MP we can play without feeling that we weren’t even thought about during the MP’s creation. Also the reason why people want them to compromise is because they left out a huge chunk of the community and Halo 4’s population is suffering not because of their vision, but because they chose not to have both Traditional and Infinity in the MP.

I think 343i should make halo 5 just change up how the design certain armor such as the ODST armor and the orbital helmet. I for one liked some of the things that 343i did with halo 4 such as stances, new visor colors armor and weapons skins. Although it would have been great if they could let you customize you own stance a little such as choosing what weapon your Spartan wields on his/her player card, be able to turn which way your spartan is standing so your Spartan can have a different angle for the stance on the player card.