Can we stop with all the whining?

Can we please stop with all the whiny, entitled posts complaining about this or that? I don’t intend to be mean, I just want to say that you’ve got to lose some of your expectations when you get a new game. BUT NOTE, I didn’t say “lower your expectations,” as if 343 hasn’t met some arbitrary quality standard.

They’ve done an amazing job with this game, but people tend to want what they want and build up their expectations so much that when something good comes along they still can’t help but nitpick and criticize.

I’m just saying, take a step back and imagine you had never played Halo before. Imagine you didn’t have a favorite version of the armor, and you never knew how the pistol has changed over the years. If you were to peel away all of that baggage and take a fresh look at it, I think you’d see that this game is a massive accomplishment of game design and development.

Also, for those of you that still can’t let go of your baggage, just remember that you’re not entitled to anything. This is a product, and, sad to say, you weren’t in on any of the dev meetings.

Don’t worry about them. Anyone who’s enjoying the game isn’t here because they’re too busy playing it.

> 2533274978553590;2:
> Don’t worry about them. Anyone who’s enjoying the game isn’t here because they’re too busy playing it.

Or because we’re stuck at work.

/cry

Today is release day. It’s kind of expected to see people in a whirring frenzy. Best advice is to just play and ignore the complaining if you enjoy the game. That’s where those who do enjoy it are.

> 2533274990426875;1:
> Can we please stop with all the whiny, entitled posts complaining about this or that? I don’t intend to be mean, I just want to say that you’ve got to lose some of your expectations when you get a new game. BUT NOTE, I didn’t say “lower your expectations,” as if 343 hasn’t met some arbitrary quality standard.
>
> They’ve done an amazing job with this game, but people tend to want what they want and build up their expectations so much that when something good comes along they still can’t help but nitpick and criticize.
>
> I’m just saying, take a step back and imagine you had never played Halo before. Imagine you didn’t have a favorite version of the armor, and you never knew how the pistol has changed over the years. If you were to peel away all of that baggage and take a fresh look at it, I think you’d see that this game is a massive accomplishment of game design and development.
>
> Also, for those of you that still can’t let go of your baggage, just remember that you’re not entitled to anything. This is a product, and, sad to say, you weren’t in on any of the dev meetings.

Good post.

> 2533274990426875;1:
> Can we please stop with all the whiny, entitled posts complaining about this or that? I don’t intend to be mean, I just want to say that you’ve got to lose some of your expectations when you get a new game. BUT NOTE, I didn’t say “lower your expectations,” as if 343 hasn’t met some arbitrary quality standard.
>
> They’ve done an amazing job with this game, but people tend to want what they want and build up their expectations so much that when something good comes along they still can’t help but nitpick and criticize.
>
> I’m just saying, take a step back and imagine you had never played Halo before. Imagine you didn’t have a favorite version of the armor, and you never knew how the pistol has changed over the years. If you were to peel away all of that baggage and take a fresh look at it, I think you’d see that this game is a massive accomplishment of game design and development.
>
> Also, for those of you that still can’t let go of your baggage, just remember that you’re not entitled to anything. This is a product, and, sad to say, you weren’t in on any of the dev meetings.

AMEN

> 2533274990426875;1:
>
>
>

Unfortunatley, those who are happy with something will say to themselves “awesome, they did a great job, just like I knew they would” and then be on their way.

Those who are upset however, will tell the world. Halo 5 is great.

I REALLY hope all this complaining isn’t a sign of the majority’s reaction to Halo 5… I REALLY want it to be successful, for the sake of 343 AND Halo itself.

OP,

I, of all people, appreciate the sentiments expressed in your post, but complaining about complainers is, in and of itself, a complaint. Again, I appreciate the effort and kind words. Please maintain the positive outlook in spite of me locking this. :slight_smile: