Can we stop hating this game now?

Seriously. It’s been nearly 2 months since the game came out, and everyone is still complaining about how “the game is ruined and no more fun.” Then quit playing! If you have something constructive like glitches it makes sense, but just saying the game sucks? Why does that matter? I don’t even see half the problems you guys talk about! I’ve seen threads about lightrifles being the most overpowered weapon and everyone in every match uses one, I’m almost never killed by them, I almost never see them in game. Boltshots are overpowered? I’ve been killed by a boltshot once, and it was when I was 1v1 with a friend of mine. No one even uses the thing, why complain that it’s a game breaker? I’ve even seen people come on here and say halo 4 is a terrible game, and they admit they’ve never even played it! If you’re going to rant on the problems in the game, at least play the thing first, and make sure the problem you’re talking about is ACTUALLY a problem.

> Seriously. It’s been nearly 2 months since the game came out, and everyone is still complaining about how “the game is ruined and no more fun.” Then quit playing! If you have something constructive like glitches it makes sense, but just saying the game sucks? Why does that matter? I don’t even see half the problems you guys talk about! I’ve seen threads about lightrifles being the most overpowered weapon and everyone in every match uses one, I’m almost never killed by them, I almost never see them in game. Boltshots are overpowered? I’ve been killed by a boltshot once, and it was when I was 1v1 with a friend of mine. No one even uses the thing, why complain that it’s a game breaker? I’ve even seen people come on here and say halo 4 is a terrible game, and they admit they’ve never even played it! If you’re going to rant on the problems in the game, at least play the thing first, and make sure the problem you’re talking about is ACTUALLY a problem.

Please learn to use paragraphs.

This rant makes little sense it’s goes against almost all of my experiences with the game.

“I’ve seen threads about lightrifles being the most overpowered weapon and everyone in every match uses one” - Not sure I’ve seen any threads about this. DMR is OP threads sure, tons of 'em, because it is.

“Boltshots are overpowered? I’ve been killed by a boltshot once. No one even uses the thing” - well you’re lucky or are obviously getting matched up against noobs, because I am getting killed by, and killing with, the bolstshot several times a game, especially on the smaller maps. The boltshot is OP as a loadout weapon.

And for your information, we don’t all want to quit playing, we like the game, there are just some major issues we’d like changed/fixed in order to make it great.

I don’t want to quit. I want 343 to fix their -Yoink-!

I agree.

1. Bolt shot is overpowered, it’s 1 shot kill weapon that you can spawn with. It has a longer ranger than both the scatter and the shotgun.

2. The maps suck -Yoink-:
    *Abandon beach spawn is disadvantaged on objective game types.
    *Complex = top base DMR/Camo/Thruster Pack -> look to the left shoot, look to the right shoot.
    *Even symmetric maps like Solace there is a disadvantage for one of the sides (mainly for CTF) as it is much easier to breach/harder to defend.

3. Personal Ordinance Drops = Most kids are running around with a power weapon after about 3 minutes. This leads to randomness and much less skill involved in the game. Gone are the days were we must strive to control certain areas of the map in order to get those weapons/power ups.

4. It is a selfish game where people do not work together to win, rather they do whatever it takes to rack up kills for themselves. Why because winning doesn’t matter anymore.

Halo 4 is fun, however it is mindless fun. It is a game of randomness (Ordinance,random weapon drops, random spawns) It is not competitive, it requires a lot less skill to be good at than the previous games. People use to leave their party chats so they could communicate with their team in Team Slayer, now most people just have their mic unplugged altogether. In summary this game is bad, there are many many more in-depth reasons than the ones I have given.

Halo 4 is a beta.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Have you played other Halos before? If you have, and have experienced what the game could be like, you’d understand. I don’t normally bring up player skill, but looking at your stats and the fact you’re terribad, I expect you haven’t played much Halo before.

I’ve quit for now, can’t get entertainment from a broken game.

I’ll start playing again when 343 fix the issues - all the game balance ones and release some decent maps - FOC if they care about getting their players back.

I represent the 3/4 of people who stopped playing.

>

My friend has been enjoying Halo since Halo 3. Yep, a noob to some people but he enjoys it. Despite him having a bad k/d ratio. I don’t judge him since he’s having fun. Especially, when he’s over my place to play a few games.

> >
>
> My friend has been enjoying Halo since Halo 3. Yep, a noob to some people but he enjoys it. Despite him having a bad k/d ratio. I don’t judge him since he’s having fun. Especially, when he’s over my place to play a few games.

I wasn’t judging, just trying to point out that someone that’s not experienced with the game or is bad at the game, might not appreciate the finer points of a competitive shooter, such as weapon balance, bullet magnetism, etc, etc.

They probably enjoy the game regardless, i.e. don’t care about getting killed by random power weapons and what not. They’d prob be just as happy with the game if it had all of the communities major gripes resolved because they don’t really care about the detailed mechanics.

> > >
> >
> > My friend has been enjoying Halo since Halo 3. Yep, a noob to some people but he enjoys it. Despite him having a bad k/d ratio. I don’t judge him since he’s having fun. Especially, when he’s over my place to play a few games.
>
> I wasn’t judging, just trying to point out that someone that’s not experienced with the game or is bad at the game, might not appreciate the finer points of a competitive shooter, such as weapon balance, bullet magnetism, etc, etc.
>
> They probably enjoy the game regardless, i.e. don’t care about getting killed by random power weapons and what not. They’d prob be just as happy with the game if it had all of the communities major gripes resolved because they don’t really care about the detailed mechanics.

Yeah, I see what you’re saying. We’ve been through updates in the past Halo games and to him it’s still just go in and kill the enemy. Detailed mechanics is meaningless to him.

Is the arena style of Halo’s gameplay back? I dont think so. So yes I will still complain.

1. Use Paragraps.
  2. People will complain. Deal with it.
  3. Telling people to quit a game so you don’t have to deal with what is essentially the truth is childish. Deal with it you must.

I have a right to complain because I PAID for this game. I bought H4 expecting to find the traditional Halo gameplay, with some changes. I found a different game.
My requests are simple: classic BTB (being able to play with vehicles, especially with the Warthog, something I cannot do right now) and the inclusion of the custom games options present in Reach and 3.
When that is done, I will be able to start enjoying H4.

ANYBODY who pays for an item that is not delivered in its complete form has a right to complain. Why is it permissible for games developers to take our money and THEN fix the game? In no other business would this be allowed. Do I pay for half my meal to arrive? Eat my veg while I’m waiting for my steak to be prepared properly? With only a vague idea of when it might show up, if the chef feels up to it?

Halo 4, while fun in many ways, is still broken and unbalanced in several others. It is no wonder people feel they have the right to complain, because they do, it’s that simple.

> I have a right to complain because I PAID for this game. I bought H4 expecting to find the traditional Halo gameplay, with some changes. I found a different game.
> My requests are simple: classic BTB (being able to play with vehicles, especially with the Warthog, something I cannot do right now) and the inclusion of the custom games options present in Reach and 3.
> When that is done, I will be able to start enjoying H4.

There was MLG Dallas and other things that showed you what Halo 4 was before you bought it. You are complaining because you did not do your homework prior to purchase. The fault is yours.

> There was MLG Dallas and other things that showed you what Halo 4 was before you bought it. You are complaining because you did not do your homework prior to purchase. The fault is yours.

What a cretinous response. A lot of us saw MLG Dallas, even a few of us (not me) played the game after standing in line. It’s not possible to find out the full ins and outs of a game based on a few plays/views.

Yep, some things like the over-powered DMR were obvious, most of us called this before release, but most things like camo, bullet magnetism, boltshot etc were not possible to know beforehand.

> > I have a right to complain because I PAID for this game. I bought H4 expecting to find the traditional Halo gameplay, with some changes. I found a different game.
> > My requests are simple: classic BTB (being able to play with vehicles, especially with the Warthog, something I cannot do right now) and the inclusion of the custom games options present in Reach and 3.
> > When that is done, I will be able to start enjoying H4.
>
> There was MLG Dallas and other things that showed you what Halo 4 was before you bought it. You are complaining because you did not do your homework prior to purchase. The fault is yours.

It would be my fault if 343 had released a demo. Watching videos is useless to me, the only way I can know I enjoy a game is playing it.
For example, I was interested in Resident Evil 6, I tried the demo, it was horrible, and I decided not to buy it.
Apart from that, I understand that many people can like the chaos and randomness of Infinity, but I think we can all be satisfied with classic playlists. You like DMR, go play Infnity. I like Warthogs, I play classic BTB. But don’t tell me to accept that my favorite saga is ruined for me.

Sorry

Edit

I quit, but 343 still has my money, so the forums are the only enjoyable halo4 playlist available currently. Even with that said I believe the forum has covered pretty much everything and once Aliens Colonial Marines hits I’ll be trying that out over all this Halo angst. I can hardly wait to see the debates on the Aliens being over powered.