Can we skip the 9gb update when we go online?

I plan to install the 50-60gb disc offline (which is faster?) and then just play campaign. I’d rather the Xbox be online when I’m playing though so will I be able to hold off installing the extra 9gb update or will it force me to install it when I sign in?

I believe you will be given the option to decline the update, but keep in mind that you will not be able to play multiplayer until it is downloaded.

Oh sweet that’s ok I can do multiplayer the next week.b

> 2533274820971884;1:
> I plan to install the 50-60gb disc offline (which is faster?) and then just play campaign. I’d rather the Xbox be online when I’m playing though so will I be able to hold off installing the extra 9gb update or will it force me to install it when I sign in?

As long as we can play while it’s downloading, I’ll just play the first 2 or 3 campaign missions while it installs the MP Patch.

Pretty sure it’s a title update. Day one patches are pretty much never optional.

Just stay offline period. Then when your done playing campaign just go back online and have it do that
That way it won’t prevent you from starting the game just because its updating.

No its mandatory

Sometimes the 1.01 patch has fixes for campaign too.

Sometimes those updates let you play once a certain amount is installed and the rest fills in in the background.

“Can I play a different version of the game than everyone else?”
Offline-Campaign, likely.
MP, no. Only a few times are different version levels allowed to cross play. Otherwise, to ensure the least buggy experience for all, if you want to play with everyone, you must be on the same rev. level.