Can we please take out the cage/uncaged?

That map has to be one of the worst maps ever made for a Halo game. One team spawns with the high ground, the pathways are narrow and very easy to control, and the jetpack is practically necessary in order to do anything practical on it. It also has absolutely no place in Team Snipers. Can we please try to phase this map out of existence and out of our memories, please?

to be honest, i think pretty much all of reach’s default maps are horrendous. the only half decent one is countdown. i doubt 343 will remove the cage but here’s to hoping they actually take their time in making the maps for halo 4.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.

In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.

+1.

> +1.

> I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.
>
> In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.

How wrong you are….

The Cage has a lot of potential, me and quite a few others have worked on fixing the map, and we’re getting pretty close.
If you want to read more about it, go here.
For screenshots, click here.

When this is complete, I hope to get a CC to submit it for consideration.

I’m okay with this as long as they bring back Cliffhanger. No one votes for UN/Caged anyways, whereas Cliffhanger was always chosen.

> > I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.
> >
> > In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.
>
> How wrong you are….
>
> The Cage has a lot of potential, me and quite a few others have worked on fixing the map, and we’re getting pretty close.
> If you want to read more about it, go here.
> For screenshots, click here.
>
> When this is complete, I hope to get a CC to submit it for consideration.

Dude, no way in Hell can Uncaged be fixed to be a good map. Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.

> I’m okay with this as long as they bring back Cliffhanger. No one votes for UN/Caged anyways, whereas Cliffhanger was always chosen.

Cliffhanger was terrible as well.

> > > I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.
> > >
> > > In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.
> >
> > How wrong you are….
> >
> > The Cage has a lot of potential, me and quite a few others have worked on fixing the map, and we’re getting pretty close.
> > If you want to read more about it, go here.
> > For screenshots, click here.
> >
> > When this is complete, I hope to get a CC to submit it for consideration.
>
> Dude, no way in Hell can Uncaged be fixed to be a good map. Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.

but lockout was a success…

> > > > I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.
> > > >
> > > > In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.
> > >
> > > How wrong you are….
> > >
> > > The Cage has a lot of potential, me and quite a few others have worked on fixing the map, and we’re getting pretty close.
> > > If you want to read more about it, go here.
> > > For screenshots, click here.
> > >
> > > When this is complete, I hope to get a CC to submit it for consideration.
> >
> > Dude, no way in Hell can Uncaged be fixed to be a good map. Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.
>
> but lockout was a success…

Because its pathways were balanced. If one team had control of a certain area, the other team had multiple options with how to approach the situation.

But in (Un)Caged, there’s only two ways to get to high ground, and both are completely barren of any cover. One is a frickin’ gravity lift, with the landing zone also barren of any cover, while the other forces the player to walk across an exposed walkway. It makes it too easy for one team to play zone coverage on the higher ground.

Lockout not only had more than a couple routes at approaching a given controlled area, but also had sufficient cover. In contrast, Caged gives you a good DMR view of every approach of the opposition from the high ground.

> > I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.
> >
> > In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.
>
> How wrong you are….
>
> The Cage has a lot of potential, me and quite a few others have worked on fixing the map, and we’re getting pretty close.
> If you want to read more about it, go here.
> For screenshots, click here.
>
> When this is complete, I hope to get a CC to submit it for consideration.

Wow. And I thought it couldn’t be done. In my opinion Uncaged was a pathetic attempt at balancing the map (actually made it worse). Looking at these screenshots alone, it looks like you may be on to something. Keep up the good work!

> > > > > I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Cage looks like something that a Bungie employee’s kid cooked up during a lunch break the day before launch, and they just decided to add weapons and throw it in for kicks.
> > > > >
> > > > > In fact, I’d put at least 50/50 odds down on the actual scenario very much resembling this.
> > > >
> > > > How wrong you are….
> > > >
> > > > The Cage has a lot of potential, me and quite a few others have worked on fixing the map, and we’re getting pretty close.
> > > > If you want to read more about it, go here.
> > > > For screenshots, click here.
> > > >
> > > > When this is complete, I hope to get a CC to submit it for consideration.
> > >
> > > Dude, no way in Hell can Uncaged be fixed to be a good map. Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.
> >
> > but lockout was a success…
>
> Because its pathways were balanced. If one team had control of a certain area, the other team had multiple options with how to approach the situation.
>
> But in (Un)Caged, there’s only two ways to get to high ground, and both are completely barren of any cover. One is a frickin’ gravity lift, with the landing zone also barren of any cover, while the other forces the player to walk across an exposed walkway. It makes it too easy for one team to play zone coverage on the higher ground.
>
> Lockout not only had more than a couple routes at approaching a given controlled area, but also had sufficient cover. In contrast, Caged gives you a good DMR view of every approach of the opposition from the high ground.

and that is what the people who are trying to fix (un)caged are trying to achieve but his comment “Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.” means that lockout was a bad map and fixing (un)caged will never ever work and i was merely pointing out the flaw in his logic.

> and that is what the people who are trying to fix (un)caged are trying to achieve but his comment “Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.” means that lockout was a bad map and fixing (un)caged will never ever work and i was merely pointing out the flaw in his logic.

But Lockout wasn’t “constricted”, “narrow”, or “limited”. Uncaged is, and the “fixed” version just looks messy. It doesn’t look balanced, it just looks like a ton of extra walkways that don’t belong.

Just save us all the trouble and take out this horrible map.

I think that we need all of the original forge maps for Reach replaced by new ones.

> > and that is what the people who are trying to fix (un)caged are trying to achieve but his comment “Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.” means that lockout was a bad map and fixing (un)caged will never ever work and i was merely pointing out the flaw in his logic.
>
> But Lockout wasn’t “constricted”, “narrow”, or “limited”. Uncaged is, and the “fixed” version just looks messy. It doesn’t look balanced, it just looks like a ton of extra walkways that don’t belong.
>
> Just save us all the trouble and take out this horrible map.

yes it was…

> > > and that is what the people who are trying to fix (un)caged are trying to achieve but his comment “Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.” means that lockout was a bad map and fixing (un)caged will never ever work and i was merely pointing out the flaw in his logic.
> >
> > But Lockout wasn’t “constricted”, “narrow”, or “limited”. Uncaged is, and the “fixed” version just looks messy. It doesn’t look balanced, it just looks like a ton of extra walkways that don’t belong.
> >
> > Just save us all the trouble and take out this horrible map.
>
> yes it was…

No, it wasn’t. As stated before, there were many different options to take, and there was plenty of space on the pathways. This description does not mean any of those terms above that apply to The Cage.

> > > > and that is what the people who are trying to fix (un)caged are trying to achieve but his comment “Just the concept of constricted, narrow, limited pathways over a bottomless pit is a terrible map design.” means that lockout was a bad map and fixing (un)caged will never ever work and i was merely pointing out the flaw in his logic.
> > >
> > > But Lockout wasn’t “constricted”, “narrow”, or “limited”. Uncaged is, and the “fixed” version just looks messy. It doesn’t look balanced, it just looks like a ton of extra walkways that don’t belong.
> > >
> > > Just save us all the trouble and take out this horrible map.
> >
> > yes it was…
>
> No, it wasn’t. As stated before, there were many different options to take, and there was plenty of space on the pathways. This description does not mean any of those terms above that apply to The Cage.

actually, there wasn’t many options or routes on lockout and very few area’s had open space but this is what you are remembering but you are forgetting about the routes that joined these area’s together and made up most of the map, these routes where narrow, open and restricted, uncaged/the cage is the same but don’t in a different way that doesn’t work, but, when it comes down to it, there is about the same amount of open area’s and narrow routes as there was on lockout.

> > No, it wasn’t. As stated before, there were many different options to take, and there was plenty of space on the pathways. This description does not mean any of those terms above that apply to The Cage.
>
> actually, there wasn’t many options or routes on lockout and very few area’s had open space but this is what you are remembering but you are forgetting about the routes that joined these area’s together and made up most of the map, these routes where narrow, open and restricted, uncaged/the cage is the same but don’t in a different way that doesn’t work, but, when it comes down to it, there is about the same amount of open area’s and narrow routes as there was on lockout.

No, they are different. Come on dude, pay attention: Lockout was a bunch of larger buildings/platforms with pathways connecting them that were fairly narrow, but were no longer than 10 feet long at most; they also most definitely did NOT take up most o the map. Uncaged is almost entirely made up of narrow pathways other than the cage itself and the Sniper tower, which itself is very limited in space. There is also much more cover in between the short, open routes on Lockout, whereas on Uncaged, as stated above, the pathways are wide open.

And there were ways to get around the map Lockout that were unconventional that I guess you weren’t able to find; on Uncaged, the only unconventional pathways are with the Jetpack.

Lockout wasn’t perfect, but it worked well. Uncaged does not, at all.

> > > No, it wasn’t. As stated before, there were many different options to take, and there was plenty of space on the pathways. This description does not mean any of those terms above that apply to The Cage.
> >
> > actually, there wasn’t many options or routes on lockout and very few area’s had open space but this is what you are remembering but you are forgetting about the routes that joined these area’s together and made up most of the map, these routes where narrow, open and restricted, uncaged/the cage is the same but don’t in a different way that doesn’t work, but, when it comes down to it, there is about the same amount of open area’s and narrow routes as there was on lockout.
>
> No, they are different. Come on dude, pay attention: Lockout was a bunch of larger buildings/platforms with pathways connecting them that were fairly narrow, but were no longer than 10 feet long at most; they also most definitely did NOT take up most o the map. Uncaged is almost entirely made up of narrow pathways other than the cage itself and the Sniper tower, which itself is very limited in space. There is also much more cover in between the short, open routes on Lockout, whereas on Uncaged, as stated above, the pathways are wide open.
>
> And there were ways to get around the map Lockout that were unconventional that I guess you weren’t able to find; on Uncaged, the only unconventional pathways are with the Jetpack.
>
> Lockout wasn’t perfect, but it worked well. Uncaged does not, at all.

those bridges and ramps where longer then 10ft, the one going from the bottom of the triple tower all the way to the 2 was longer the 10ft and narrow.

directly across from there was the sniper tower, getting to there was a long narrow route that was longer then 10ft, there was also the red lift that had, well, long narrow bridges connection to it, same for bottom center and sword spawn.

you seem to only be thinking of side of the map where most of the action ended up taking pace which is the tower triple, that is the only are on the map that fits your description of lockout,.

what lockout was, was open areas connected by long narrow bridges and ramps that provided very little cover but the open areas where spread out around the map.

uncaged/the cage is 1 big open area on 1 side with long narrow bridges and ramps that provide little cover on the other, because the open areas that provide the most options are on one side of the map cause the one sided gameplay we see with the map.

when you get right down to it though, the maps themselves are very simulair in design, just one is a much more improved version then the other.