Can we please STOP insulting Halo and 343

I am looking at all the thread titles and I am noticing a big trend. Not just here but everywhere in the Halo community. People tend to complain about things but when they do it they insult the game and/or the company 343. If you are going to complain about the issues in the game do it constructively and WITHOUT A SINGLE insult. I am getting tired of seeing people insult the game and company more and more. Ninja (an MLG pro player) talked about this in one of his videos.

Ninja talking about the “Halo 4 situation”:

Many of you may have valid points but think about it? Why would the company want to look at the thread that says “Halo 4 sucks now”. Be specific, concise, and no insults please.

We?

Short list:

Campaign
Quick Time Events
Artificial lengthening through respawning enemies 2-4 times in the same area
Short campaign
Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games
No optional backtracking
No exploration
5 hour campaign on Legendary by a mediocre player(me).
Fanfiction level story with many plot holes

Multiplayer
Obscene auto-aim
Obscene bullet magnetism
Poorly balanced weapon sandbox
Vehicles are weak as paper
Spawning with plasma pistols and plasma grenades further the uselessness of vehicles
Map breaking exploits due to poor collision detection on maps
Reduced number of vehicles
Custom game options have been drastically reduced
Split screen results in poor frame-rate
Lack of prioritizing good connection resulting in hosts from foreign countries causing high levels of latency
Map voting system resulting in significantly reduced map variety due to players voting for the same map over and over.
Join in Progress system allows players booted from matchmaking for betrayals to rejoin via their recent players list
Removal of large, empty, forgable maps
Removal of firefight limited
Removal of invasion
Automatic flag pick up
Removal of Race

Let me clarify, I said we because it was easy referencing. I know a large part of the Halo community are good about NOT doing this. However, when I said we I meant the people that insult the game and the company. Not me or anybody else on the other side. I understand we all want this game to be better but there are better ways to do that then spreading hate for the game/company. Yes they need to improve on ALOT of things and I can/might make a thread for that purpose. I could make a list of things that I think should be improved on.

> Short list:
>
> Campaign
> Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games

How so?

> I am looking at all the thread titles and I am noticing a big trend. Not just here but everywhere in the Halo community. People tend to complain about things but when they do it they insult the game and/or the company 343. If you are going to complain about the issues in the game do it constructively and WITHOUT A SINGLE insult. I am getting tired of seeing people insult the game and company more and more. Ninja (an MLG pro player) talked about this in one of his videos.
>
> Ninja talking about the “Halo 4 situation”:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_qsJcgLdN0
>
> Many of you may have valid points but think about it? Why would the company want to look at the thread that says “Halo 4 sucks now”. Be specific, concise, and no insults please.

If you do see some one insult the game/company or have differnt views than you do dont insult them directly. This will only fuel their rant. Talk it out or dont post back.

What’s insulting is paying $60+ for a beta copy of a game, and in many cases $300+ for an Xbox and Live just to play this franchise. If a company releases an unfinished product, doesn’t fix any major issues for the first two months, imposes arbitrary level caps on half the community, completely botches a DLC release only a month into the game’s life, and pretty much completely ignores the community’s concerns and suggestions, people are going to voice their negative opinions of said company.

> What’s insulting is paying $60+ for a beta copy of a game, and in many cases $300+ for an Xbox and Live just to play this franchise. If a company releases an unfinished product, doesn’t fix any major issues for the first two months, imposes arbitrary level caps on half the community, completely botches a DLC release only a month into the game’s life, and pretty much completely ignores the community’s concerns and suggestions, people are going to voice their negative opinions of said company.

I’d blame all those problems on Microsoft, because it’s pretty clear that, while 343 cares deeply about the franchise, Microsoft is the one calling most of the shots with things such as release dates. And yet, 343i still bears the community’s blame. And what leads you to believe that any serious complaints aren’t being listened to, and that there isn’t an update in the works? It’s a bit sad to see such a sense of entitlement, that they have to work on the community’s schedule, and that releasing an update a week from now would not be soon enough. I understand some frustrations, but blaming 343i for things out of their control irks me.

> What’s insulting is paying $60+ for a beta copy of a game, and in many cases $300+ for an Xbox and Live just to play this franchise. If a company releases an unfinished product, doesn’t fix any major issues for the first two months, imposes arbitrary level caps on half the community, completely botches a DLC release only a month into the game’s life, and pretty much completely ignores the community’s concerns and suggestions, people are going to voice their negative opinions of said company.

This. MS has put a bunch of amateurs that don’t listen to their community in charge of their biggest franchise and it has been nothing but a disaster since release. With Bungie gone the entire Xbox brand loses a lot of appeal.

> What’s insulting is paying $60+ for a beta copy of a game, and in many cases $300+ for an Xbox and Live just to play this franchise. If a company releases an unfinished product, doesn’t fix any major issues for the first two months, imposes arbitrary level caps on half the community, completely botches a DLC release only a month into the game’s life, and pretty much completely ignores the community’s concerns and suggestions, people are going to voice their negative opinions of said company.

Will you marry me?

I still have faith in 343i/H4. I guess its easier said than done…
Instead of pointing fingers and blaming this or that focus on what you would want changed. that might help us more that a blind rant.

> I still have faith in 343i/H4. I guess its easier said than done…
> Instead of pointing fingers and blaming this or that focus on what you would want changed. that might help us more that a blind rant.

The problem with that is 343 doesn’t respond to the community. If they did then people wouldn’t rant so much.

> > Short list:
> >
> > Campaign
> > Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games
>
> How so?

Well the new Dawn is far bigger than the one in Halo 3, so that breaks canon.

> > I still have faith in 343i/H4. I guess its easier said than done…
> > Instead of pointing fingers and blaming this or that focus on what you would want changed. that might help us more that a blind rant.
>
> The problem with that is 343 doesn’t respond to the community. If they did then people wouldn’t rant so much.

They tend to refrain from responding until they have already fixed the problem. From everything that I’ve seen, broken promises are even worse for them than a perception that they don’t listen or communicate. The recent issues with Specialization Priority Alpha code promotions should demonstrate that amply enough.

Halo 4 is a screw up. It’s bad, sadly as worse as Reach was. And that game had better life support.

343i Completely, COMPLETELY…ugh, I’m angry you let this happen to my baby, you killed it. along with Cortana, too.

Why…oh why… halo was a flagship for 360. Now was murdered… It’s over

> > > Short list:
> > >
> > > Campaign
> > > Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games
> >
> > How so?
>
> Well the new Dawn is far bigger than the one in Halo 3, so that breaks canon.

That’s called a retcon. It’s still the same ship. Just a different design. From what I can find, it’s still the same 490m it was in Halo 3. It’s not the first time a ship in a Halo game was one size everywhere else, only to be bigger in campaign level. The 3.5 km long straight line Warthog Mad Dash, inside the 1.1 km long Pillar of Autumn comes to mind.

> > > Short list:
> > >
> > > Campaign
> > > Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games
> >
> > How so?
>
> Well the new Dawn is far bigger than the one in Halo 3, so that breaks canon.

Ugh I’m so sick of things looking different and people saying it breaks canon. No it doesn’t.

I’ve seen this with the chief, jackals elites, ships, etc.

Think of it like a comic book. One artist will draw batman with long pointy ears and another with short stubby ears. Did they just eff up and screw up the character? No it’s just a different interpretation or style.

STILL CANON

> > > > Short list:
> > > >
> > > > Campaign
> > > > Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games
> > >
> > > How so?
> >
> > Well the new Dawn is far bigger than the one in Halo 3, so that breaks canon.
>
> That’s called a retcon. It’s still the same ship. Just a different design. From what I can find, it’s still the same 490m it was in Halo 3. It’s not the first time a ship in a Halo game was one size everywhere else, only to be bigger in campaign level. The 3.5 km long straight line Warthog Mad Dash, inside the 1.1 km long Pillar of Autumn comes to mind.

The Pillar of Autumn was indeed artificiality lengthened, which is why I don’t see why the same couldn’t just happen to the Dawn. Instead it was completely redesigned, the hanger switched around. Comparing the original Dawn to the new Dawn in terms of size doesn’t even match up too well.

> > > > Short list:
> > > >
> > > > Campaign
> > > > Halo 4, specifically the Forward Unto Dawn redesign, negates events of previous Halo games
> > >
> > > How so?
> >
> > Well the new Dawn is far bigger than the one in Halo 3, so that breaks canon.
>
> Ugh I’m so sick of things looking different and people saying it breaks canon. No it doesn’t.
>
> I’ve seen this with the chief, jackals elites, ships, etc.
>
> Think of it like a comic book. One artist will draw batman with long pointy ears and another with short stubby ears. Did they just eff up and screw up the character? No it’s just a different interpretation or style.
>
> STILL CANON

He better stay away from IDWs Transformers comics… They change the designs of the characters every other issue.

> Ugh I’m so sick of things looking different and people saying it breaks canon. No it doesn’t.
>
> I’ve seen this with the chief, jackals elites, ships, etc.
>
> Think of it like a comic book. One artist will draw batman with long pointy ears and another with short stubby ears. Did they just eff up and screw up the character? No it’s just a different interpretation or style.
>
> STILL CANON

Completely overhauled design, made much larger, hanger changed around…bit of a far cry from simply having point ears. Besides, Batman has an assortment of suits anyway.

As for Chief, well his armor certainly presents issues starting with the Prologue.