Can we please stop arguing?

And answer my question please.

Are there any active Forge/Custom groups besides the uber super serious, everything needs to be an MLG competitive gray box style of maps? Remember the crazy custom lobbies that occurred during Reach? Those kinds.

I’m finding it really hard to Forge in Halo 4 and to play more customs because it seems everyone takes games and especially this game way to serious all the time.

If, not we a few of us should get together and start doing fun customs again, besides the super serious, “I gotta get my 1337 pro map into MM” testing sessions.

I usually play with a group of friends that love to play Customs nearly every night.

They usually play CTF or Slayer on all kinds of maps. On occasion, they’ll play some mini-games. They’re chilled back guys that don’t care if they win or lose, but rather that the games were fun.

Here’s the link to their Google+ Page:
BBS

Now, if this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then check out this site:
Halo Customs

Here, you’ll be able to find people hosting all kinds of different custom lobbies. Just make an account, find a lobby you like, then RSVP.

Hope this helps ya.

Your answer.

> I usually play with a group of friends that love to play Customs nearly every night.
>
> They usually play CTF or Slayer on all kinds of maps. On occasion, they’ll play some mini-games. They’re chilled back guys that don’t care if they win or lose, but rather that the games were fun.
>
> Here’s the link to their Google+ Page:
> BBS
>
>
> Now, if this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then check out this site:
> Halo Customs
>
> Here, you’ll be able to find people hosting all kinds of different custom lobbies. Just make an account, find a lobby you like, then RSVP.
>
>
> Hope this helps ya.

Mini games I can only handle in doses, but just plain fun customs with CTF, etc. is great.

I really loved seeing other people’s imagination on maps. I always got a kick at some of the things people came up with.

For me, I think one of the biggest problems with Halo 4 is that there are people who take the game just to damn serious. It seems like every Custom lobby (and it’s not that many at all in Halo 4) the players are picking apart every little damn thing about a map and they seem to be on some stupid mission to get their creation into MM all the time. This also leads to the same map every time with the only difference being, it’s a different maze.

ForgeHub is a perfect example. Same boxes, different mazes. Absolutely no new ideas. The general Forge community is dying if not dead already and a lot of it has to do with this false mentality that every map has to be and made a certain way for it to be acceptable.

It just sucks the fun factor is pretty much gone.

We will have a BBS lobby going on tonight. msg me if you are interested.

GT: FRYMEN

Custom games are not well done on this game, most of the custom guys hang out on Reach still.

> Custom games are not well done on this game, most of the custom guys hang out on Reach still.

I disagree. I think the customs games in Halo 4 are very fun. However, I find it weird that there are less community game nights on Halo 4 than there were on Reach. Back on Reach, I always had a custom game I could join. Now, on Halo 4, non of my friends play customs.

> > Custom games are not well done on this game, most of the custom guys hang out on Reach still.
>
> I disagree. I think the customs games in Halo 4 are very fun. However, I find it weird that there are less community game nights on Halo 4 than there were on Reach. Back on Reach, I always had a custom game I could join. Now, on Halo 4, non of my friends play customs.

It’s because there are less options to use.

> > Custom games are not well done on this game, most of the custom guys hang out on Reach still.
>
> I disagree. I think the customs games in Halo 4 are very fun. However, I find it weird that there are less community game nights on Halo 4 than there were on Reach. Back on Reach, I always had a custom game I could join. Now, on Halo 4, non of my friends play customs.

I agree.

I honestly think a big part of the problem is what I mentioned already. There are people who take this game way too seriously. It seems there are not more fun custom lobbies anymore. The only ones I see now are these people who will not accept nor play anything unless it’s some super serious map that needs testing.

I just wanna play customs again.

“It’s just a game” = the general attitude that kills the halo experience
It’s just a game = please stop caring about halo

This post is literally trying to promote caring less about good forging. By MLG I suppose he means simple and fair maps with balanced spawns and weapon placement. Even the best custom games that are for fun are based on these same principles of fairness.