can we PLEASE make more classic maps?

dont get me wrong i’m loving the community test playlist, alot of the new maps are very well made and feel refreshing, and we got lockout, which is what everyone wanted.

but i thought the point of the forge playlist was to re introduce old classic maps. i was dissapointed when it was only one classic map. whats missing? can 343 not make the maps themselves and are waiting for the users to make them?, and make them popular? because if thats the case, what are we waiting for?

i definitly dont have the forge skills to remake maps like ivory tower, turf, battlecreek, and all the other beloved ones but i know there are many out there who are good enough and willing to give it try, and be succesful in making faithful remakes.

lets get this started guys. please? we can use this topic to get together and work on it.

heres hoping

nothing?

Try Forgehub, you can fins a lot of Custom maps there, give it some time, and You’ll find what you are looking for, or you an make it yourself

> dont get me wrong i’m loving the community test playlist, alot of the new maps are very well made and feel refreshing, and we got lockout, which is what everyone wanted.
>
> <mark>but i thought the point of the forge playlist was to re introduce old classic maps</mark>. i was dissapointed when it was only one classic map. whats missing? can 343 not make the maps themselves and are waiting for the users to make them?, and make them popular? because if thats the case, what are we waiting for?
>
> i definitly dont have the forge skills to remake maps like ivory tower, turf, battlecreek, and all the other beloved ones but i know there are many out there who are good enough and willing to give it try, and be succesful in making faithful remakes.
>
> lets get this started guys. please? we can use this topic to get together and work on it.
>
> heres hoping

You thought wrong. Nowhere did 343 say that this playlist would serve to reintroduce classic remakes into MM. However, a few more would be nice, but I also want to see original maps to keep things fresh.

Why go through all the trouble of building a mediocre map in a piss poor forge mode, when all the classic maps will inevitably be re-released in a Proper form, in a future Downloadable map pack?

Then again if they did make forge maps, why should they make a map pack if we already have the map in forge? (Example: Lockout was already made in forge. So it is NOT going to become a Real map in a DLC)

So we either get Classic Maps NOW (Which is good), but their made in forge. (Which is bad)

Or we get Classic Maps LATER (Which is Bad), but their made in a proper fashion as part of a actual DLC. (Which is Good).

wow lockout is there havent play it

yea thats true i didnt think too much about keeping things fresh. i guess im just too nostalgic.

Hey, we try the best we can >:(

It’s not exactly easy making masterpieces with piles of {redacted]

> Why go through all the trouble of building a mediocre map in a piss poor forge mode, when all the classic maps will inevitably be re-released in a Proper form, in a future Downloadable map pack?
>
> Then again if they did make forge maps, why should they make a map pack if we already have the map in forge? (Example: Lockout was already made in forge. So it is NOT going to become a Real map in a DLC)
>
> So we either get Classic Maps NOW (Which is good), but their made in forge. (Which is bad)
>
> Or we get Classic Maps LATER (Which is Bad), but their made in a proper fashion as part of a actual DLC. (Which is Good).

wow u make alot of sense i didnt think of it that way. i guess i was just thinking since thye already have three dlc packs ready to go they wouldnt have made any more. maybe they’ll make another one for proper remakes.

i seriously would rather have that.

> Why go through all the trouble of building a mediocre map in a piss poor forge mode, when all the classic maps will inevitably be re-released in a Proper form, in a future Downloadable map pack?
>
> Then again if they did make forge maps, why should they make a map pack if we already have the map in forge? (Example: Lockout was already made in forge. So it is NOT going to become a Real map in a DLC)
>
> So we either get Classic Maps NOW (Which is good), but their made in forge. (Which is bad)
>
> Or we get Classic Maps LATER (Which is Bad), but their made in a proper fashion as part of a actual DLC. (Which is Good).

Or we get them never, since 343I is either only going to make a FEW remakes, or they are going to make none at all.

Your logic is terrible. When in the past has every old map ever been available for DLC?

Better just to remake them all in forge since you don’t know which, if any, maps will be remade into DLC.

Im sick of the classics and want fresh new faces. The only map I would ever want again is either Guardian or Burial Mounds. But I could live without them. So far I am loving the new maps that came out and hope to see more in the future.

anyone else have any thoughts on this?