Can we please just have Arena Doubles back already?

Seriously, guys. Doubles Arena had a greater population than Team Arena when it was removed (typically twice as many players). Its removal was pretty much a spit in the face to what the majority wanted. All I have heard players talk about since that day–in both Arena and the new Doubles–is how much they want it back. It’s been nine months. We’ve been asking and waiting very patiently. It’s about time.

i totally agree how often can you find 4 skilled players to go play arena slayer and who wants to play for a rank with ppl they dont know and dont have set tactics with its a lot easier to have your one dbls partner with your set of tactics, call-outs and knowing how your partner plays thats competitive and should be something that is ranked

Some news on any changes to Arena would be most welcome. I to am highly in favour of diversifying the Arena playlist and adding FFA, Doubles, Snipers, SWAT, etc.

It’s just more fun that playing only one ranked playlist all day. Also, Doubles means less randoms; more one-on-one fights!

I love doubles arena but would not play it if they don’t remove jetpack.

Arena double must come back.

Agrees. Update the armor abilities, weapon placements, spawns on the maps, add anniversary maps, im in favor or this or the non-arena version just getting the update.

I think I can speak for all the community when I say we need and do want a more competitive Arena, with competitive maps and not stupid sword base or -Yoink- like that cough cage cough We also need some improvements not only to the maps, but for the gameplay (110% movement anyone?) in order to make it a more competitive scenario in the game, and not just the lame thing it has always been.

But sadly, those lazy-a5$es of 343i’s MM team would rather try to fix the Anniversary playlist’s and not caring abuot any other thing, thinking of what they do is perfect for everyone! but they are wrong!!

ouh i like the idea of tweaking dbls first thing ide do is remove the assassinations. abilities should be evade, sprint, invis. spawning weapons should be DMR/pistol with 2 frags. power weapons such as sword and rocket launcher have no place in arena doubles. stick with the basics leaning more towards unsc weaponry(DMR, AR, Sniper etc.) i feel this gives it a more skill based competitive feel. A LOT of symmetrical forge maps such as asylum. as for the anniv. pack battle canyon, high noon, penance, ridgeline, and solitary would all be great dbls maps in my opinion. although high noon and ridgeline are fairly larger they are very open and i find they play smaller than physically small maps like penance with lots of rooms and hiding spots. perhaps not high noon but the smaller version hang em high (without the new hallways). as for the physics i dont see how any health or armor adjustments are necessary(im not sure if there different but if so match them with arena slayer physics).

> I think I can speak for all the community when I say we need and do want a more competitive Arena, with competitive maps and not stupid sword base or Yoink! like that cough cage cough We also need some improvements not only to the maps, but for the gameplay (110% movement anyone?) in order to make it a more competitive scenario in the game, and not just the lame thing it has always been.
>
> But sadly, those lazy-a5$es of 343i’s MM team would rather try to fix the Anniversary playlist’s and not caring abuot any other thing, thinking of what they do is perfect for everyone! but they are wrong!!

I feel like at this point they’ve had control of Matchmaking long enough that if they actually cared about the “competitive” side of Reach they would have done something by now. The way it has always been with Halo is that the casual community was always bigger. Their complaints about the ranking system and other issues in Halo 3 have resulted in the lax play-style of Reach and undoubtedly the reasons for seasons in Arena and a lack of overall ‘ranked’ playlists.

Bungie made Reach more like COD because it is so clearly obvious that COD did well with having weapon customization so Bungie introduced Armour customization. They spent so much time dealing with ‘casual kids’ cheating or exploiting the credit system that they ostracized their core base of casual players who are more loyal to the balanced and competitive aspect to Halo.

The biggest mistake Bungie made with Reach was adhering to the casual community. The only reason previous Halo’s were competitive was because of the 1-50 system and they ditched that in favour of the hope they would win over the COD players who would hopefully come and play Reach. I hate that they tried to strike a middle ground when it would have been more beneficial to stay with their roots in Halo…

> > I think I can speak for all the community when I say we need and do want a more competitive Arena, with competitive maps and not stupid sword base or Yoink! like that cough cage cough We also need some improvements not only to the maps, but for the gameplay (110% movement anyone?) in order to make it a more competitive scenario in the game, and not just the lame thing it has always been.
> >
> > But sadly, those lazy-a5$es of 343i’s MM team would rather try to fix the Anniversary playlist’s and not caring abuot any other thing, thinking of what they do is perfect for everyone! but they are wrong!!
>
> I feel like at this point they’ve had control of Matchmaking long enough that if they actually cared about the “competitive” side of Reach they would have done something by now. The way it has always been with Halo is that the casual community was always bigger. Their complaints about the ranking system and other issues in Halo 3 have resulted in the lax play-style of Reach and undoubtedly the reasons for seasons in Arena and a lack of overall ‘ranked’ playlists.
>
> Bungie made Reach more like COD because it is so clearly obvious that COD did well with having weapon customization so Bungie introduced Armour customization. They spent so much time dealing with ‘casual kids’ cheating or exploiting the credit system that they ostracized their core base of casual players who are more loyal to the balanced and competitive aspect to Halo.
>
> The biggest mistake Bungie made with Reach was adhering to the casual community. The only reason previous Halo’s were competitive was because of the 1-50 system and they ditched that in favour of the hope they would win over the COD players who would hopefully come and play Reach. I hate that they tried to strike a middle ground when it would have been more beneficial to stay with their roots in Halo…

With the tools at 343’s disposal, they can do something to improve it. Without a TU.
Cough Ranked vs. Social Cough

Agreed, Social doubles doesn’t work. There’s just way too much of a skill gap when there’s only 2 players per team. The effect of having one good or bad player teammate is more than doubled compared to other playlists.

> Agreed, Social doubles doesn’t work. There’s just way too much of a skill gap when there’s only 2 players per team. The effect of having one good or bad player teammate is more than doubled compared to other playlists.

Definitely its either a team of decent people or split screening people which either just started or doesn’t know what their doing.

I would love a social and arena version of doubles, but if arena based they gotta update the abilities to just sprint and hologram, change the weapon placement, spawn placement, newer forge maps but balance out the weighting of regular maps to forge maps, because we hardly see regular maps and anniversary maps (battle canyon, high noon, solitary, and penance)

> > Agreed, Social doubles doesn’t work. There’s just way too much of a skill gap when there’s only 2 players per team. The effect of having one good or bad player teammate is more than doubled compared to other playlists.
>
> Definitely its either a team of decent people or split screening people which either just started or doesn’t know what their doing.
>
> I would love a social and arena version of doubles, but if arena based they gotta update the abilities to just sprint and hologram, change the weapon placement, spawn placement, newer forge maps but balance out the weighting of regular maps to forge maps, because we hardly see regular maps and anniversary maps (battle canyon, high noon, solitary, and penance)

Lately doubles comes down to who gets the worse random on their team lol!
They should call the playlist team carry at least when you play by yourself.

On this account I won 94% out of 130 playing with a friend, on my secondary only 68%.
I have literally had multiple teammates go 0 and 17. This never happened in Arena doubles I always got a teammate somewhat competent and with a mic. Games were challenging and fun, it was my favorite.

Now I mostly avoid doubles due to settings and it being social. A arena Doubles playlist with MLG settings would make my day. Or at least 85% bloom and no jet-pack please!

> > > Agreed, Social doubles doesn’t work. There’s just way too much of a skill gap when there’s only 2 players per team. The effect of having one good or bad player teammate is more than doubled compared to other playlists.
> >
> > Definitely its either a team of decent people or split screening people which either just started or doesn’t know what their doing.
> >
> > I would love a social and arena version of doubles, but if arena based they gotta update the abilities to just sprint and hologram, change the weapon placement, spawn placement, newer forge maps but balance out the weighting of regular maps to forge maps, because we hardly see regular maps and anniversary maps (battle canyon, high noon, solitary, and penance)
>
> Lately doubles comes down to who gets the worse random on their team lol!
> They should call the playlist team carry at least when you play by yourself.
>
> On this account I won 94% out of 130 playing with a friend, on my secondary only 68%.
> I have literally had multiple teammates go 0 and 17. This never happened in Arena doubles I always got a teammate somewhat competent and with a mic. Games were challenging and fun, it was my favorite.
>
> Now I mostly avoid doubles due to settings and it being social. A arena Doubles playlist with MLG settings would make my day. Or at least 85% bloom and no jet-pack please!

I never play by myself in doubles anymore which your stats show proof, not too lean on straight up mlg style, but agrees the 85% and no jetpack part.

In addition enough of the heavy weight on forge maps, seriously puking over play treasury, synapse, enclosed and select…

No Jetpack? How about no armor abilities at all if you go that route. First it was no Armor Lock (I dont use anyway), and now its Jetpack… I use jetpack whenever I can, and if I cant use it and am forced to use Sprint or Hologram, then I’m at a disadvantage to ppl who normally use it. All I’m saying is, make it an all or nothing deal, otherwise ppl are disadvantaged if they can’t use their settings.

But yes, doubles was extremely fun, and I loved it on Halo3, and won some Gamecrazy (when they were around) tournaments on it too. SO! Bring back doubles, bring back the 1-50 ranking system and make different options to either use or not use armor abilities, so that way everyone’s needs and playing styles are met :).

> No Jetpack? How about no armor abilities at all if you go that route. First it was no Armor Lock (I dont use anyway), and now its Jetpack… I use jetpack whenever I can, and if I cant use it and am forced to use Sprint or Hologram, then I’m at a disadvantage to ppl who normally use it. All I’m saying is, make it an all or nothing deal, otherwise ppl are disadvantaged if they can’t use their settings.
>
> But yes, doubles was extremely fun, and I loved it on Halo3, and won some Gamecrazy (when they were around) tournaments on it too. SO! Bring back doubles, bring back the 1-50 ranking system and make different options to either use or not use armor abilities, so that way everyone’s needs and playing styles are met :).

the 0-50 ranking system was the most flawed system i have ever seen it simply did not work accounts would literally glitch and get stuck at levels not going up or down regardless how mazny wins or loss’s or what there k/d was

> > No Jetpack? How about no armor abilities at all if you go that route. First it was no Armor Lock (I dont use anyway), and now its Jetpack… I use jetpack whenever I can, and if I cant use it and am forced to use Sprint or Hologram, then I’m at a disadvantage to ppl who normally use it. All I’m saying is, make it an all or nothing deal, otherwise ppl are disadvantaged if they can’t use their settings.
> >
> > But yes, doubles was extremely fun, and I loved it on Halo3, and won some Gamecrazy (when they were around) tournaments on it too. SO! Bring back doubles, bring back the 1-50 ranking system and make different options to either use or not use armor abilities, so that way everyone’s needs and playing styles are met :).
>
> the 0-50 ranking system was the most flawed system i have ever seen it simply did not work accounts would literally glitch and get stuck at levels not going up or down regardless how mazny wins or loss’s or what there k/d was

The 1-50 system was not a progression system where you were supposed to eventually ‘level up’ all the way to 50. It was meant to place players at a level where they would be able to play even games.

You only think it didn’t work because you didn’t get placed high enough at first and that frustrated you because you likely improved. The 1-50 system was flawed in that regard but Arena fixed that by implementing seasons. The problem now is that people are too lazy and annoyed that they actually have to ‘maintain their rank’ rather than reach 50 then just sit on it.

The 1-50 did not ‘glitch’ and freeze you at like 30 or 40. You were likely supposed to be there for the purposes of true skill. Also your K/D never mattered in Halo 3 it was strictly your wins and losses.

I would love just to have more ranked playlists in general. I am personally partial to a 1-50 system like Halo 2, I feel it was simpler and gives more incentive for winning than arena.

Either way though some form of rank for more playlists would be welcome, its fun playing people in the tu beta playlist and beating them badly… to a point.

no your straight up wrong there ive had countless ppl report the same problem. mainly in team slayer around 25-30. either way whether it glitched or not it should be based on w/l,k/d,assist and betrayals. this would make it alot more effective. and if they were to create a more effective system ide be totally down for it. but if they simply brought back the old system i with alot of others would be more that p’d off

as elementary as it sounds lets say like a win (5) points loss(-5), kill(2), death(-2), assist (1), betrayal (-3) or something liek that just an example though or even an advanced equation like killXwins devided by lossesXdeaths something with a little thought put into it to work and be effective and portray actual SKILL not if my team mates were good enough to get me the win y’know