Can we please get playable elites back.

Seriously got 3 streams open all prepping to watch for when Infinite goes live for testing every single one of them is 99% “WORT WORT WORT” and give us elites.

If that doesn’t say how much the community wants them back, I don’t know what to say. But lets throw another topic in here.

the basic suggestion is this, a post launch season adding them as a model type as that seems to be a thing they are building for in the game.

Heck lets build on it with three model types that can be unlocked. Elites likely via a following season, and bruits likely via a fracture as some none-canon fun. Would also make forge and machinima more fun.

> 2533274918614694;1:
> Seriously got 3 streams open all prepping to watch for when Infinite goes live for testing every single one of them is 99% “WORT WORT WORT” and give us elites.
>
> If that doesn’t say how much the community wants them back, I don’t know what to say. But lets throw another topic in here.
>
> the basic suggestion is this, a post launch season adding them as a model type as that seems to be a thing they are building for in the game.
>
> Heck lets build on it with three model types that can be unlocked. Elites likely via a following season, and bruits likely via a fracture as some none-canon fun. Would also make forge and machinima more fun.

We all would love that!

> 2533274918614694;1:
> If that doesn’t say how much the community wants them back, I don’t know what to say.

Clearly it says nothing of the sort, otherwise 343 would be more keen to add them in. Seriously, I think people really underestimate just how much of a minority the people clamouring for playable elites are. Besides, it just causes arguments/problems regarding hit registration as we saw in Halo 3. It’s a pass from me, there are many more important things to ask for.

WorkCreature, You know your opinion means nothing right? Every single time you post it is negative and people outright prove you wrong.

EDIT: I also like how you use halo 3 as your argument against them, when halo 2 and Reach got them right.

> 2533274918614694;4:
> WorkCreature, You know your opinion means nothing right? Every single time you post it is negative and people outright prove you wrong.
>
> EDIT: I also like how you use halo 3 as your argument against them, when halo 2 and Reach got them right.

because you disagree with me my opinions are objectively wrong apparently lol
You’re so insecure fella. I’ve agreed with plenty of other people on this forum.

> 2535470395434446;5:
> > 2533274918614694;4:
> > WorkCreature, You know your opinion means nothing right? Every single time you post it is negative and people outright prove you wrong.
> >
> > EDIT: I also like how you use halo 3 as your argument against them, when halo 2 and Reach got them right.
>
> because you disagree with me my opinions are objectively wrong apparently lol
> You’re so insecure fella. I’ve agreed with plenty of other people on this forum.

Nothing to do with the fact that I disagree, it has to do with the fact that every single opinion you have posted has been laced with attacks and gained who ever is talking to you a lot of Likes while you get called out in a logical manner.

You would think someone would see how people are taking their opinion and you know rework their opinion. But you just seem to be a sad little man.

to anyone at this topic for this topic. I am sorry but IF this guy goes down the rabbit hole he normally does this one might be dead unless I just go back to ignoring him, but tired of his hate towards everything classic and modern halo.

Wort wort wort.

Feel like maybe they’re holding onto Elites for the future. Would add a bunch of content, new cores and models. The Elite battle pass maybe. Or maybe we just won’t get Elites in Halo again.

I barely ever played as an Elite myself on Halo 3 days, but I genuinely found it hilarious going against an Elite in multiplayer. They seemed much more menacing and brutal in Halo Reach MP because of Invasion. Bring back the dopey elites!

> 2533274801036271;7:
> Wort wort wort.
>
> Feel like maybe they’re holding onto Elites for the future. Would add a bunch of content, new cores and models. The Elite battle pass maybe. Or maybe we just won’t get Elites in Halo again.
>
> I barely ever played as an Elite myself on Halo 3 days, but I genuinely found it hilarious going against an Elite in multiplayer. They seemed much more menacing and brutal in Halo Reach MP because of Invasion. Bring back the dopey elites!

Yep, I liked playing elites even if playing them was an easy way to get headshot in 3.

> 2533274918614694;8:
> > 2533274801036271;7:
> >
>
> Yep, I liked playing elites even if playing them was an easy way to get headshot in 3.

Easier from the side, harder from behind.

Guess that was the trade off! Anyway Spartan it’s time for the Halo preview. Let’s gooooo.

> 2533274801036271;9:
> > 2533274918614694;8:
> > > 2533274801036271;7:
> > >
> >
> > Yep, I liked playing elites even if playing them was an easy way to get headshot in 3.
>
> Easier from the side, harder from behind.
>
> Guess that was the trade off! Anyway Spartan it’s time for the Halo preview. Let’s gooooo.

YEah and that is a good trade off, and why I want them.

I would love playable elites, or at least given infinite and the banished, playable brutes or something, it could be really cool!
But I also understand it not being priority 1. I’d rather a fleshed out game without elites, than a mediocre game with elites.

> 2535425741752556;11:
> I would love playable elites, or at least given infinite and the banished, playable brutes or something, it could be really cool!
> But I also understand it not being priority 1. I’d rather a fleshed out game without elites, than a mediocre game with elites.

Going to agree with that, which is why I stated in main post they should be in a future battle pass.

I think it was quadruple confirmed that they are not coming back. At least at launch.

> 2533274818084099;13:
> I think it was quadruple confirmed that they are not coming back. At least at launch.

Good thing this topic isn’t for launch.

> 2533274918614694;14:
> > 2533274818084099;13:
> > I think it was quadruple confirmed that they are not coming back. At least at launch.
>
> Good thing this topic isn’t for launch.

Since even the launch is still months away it is way too soon to talk anything post-launch.

> 2533274886490718;15:
> > 2533274918614694;14:
> > > 2533274818084099;13:
> > > I think it was quadruple confirmed that they are not coming back. At least at launch.
> >
> > Good thing this topic isn’t for launch.
>
> Since even the launch is still months away it is way too soon to talk anything post-launch.

True, but I can still hope.

Since it’s a free to play live service game…I suspect Elites will just become playable via update later in the future.

Gonna get locked in favor of the Megathread on this already, but my 2 cents before that inevitably happens… Infinite’s going to have modding tools, like they’re making for the MCC. Chances are Elites won’t officially happen for a very long time because again, they’re focusing on MLG here not people who like playing as aliens. So in the meantime, modding tools will likely bring the Elites in first. And Brutes, and Skirmishers, and Grunts while we’re at it. Plus, playable Marines and Hunters.

So for whatever 343 doesn’t officially bring in, there’s mods for the rest!

The biggest issue with playable elites in every iteration has always been the hitbox. Elites on average are taller than most spartans; the height difference leads to balancing issues that are pretty difficult to approach. I like elites and I enjoyed playing the spartans vs elites gamemode back in the day, but honestly the height and body shape differences just make adding playable alien races a huge pain for the balancing team.

PC modders will do it day 1, so stop crying, only fortnite kids wannna play as an Elite or Brute.