Can we PLEASE! Get new maps?

As I am sure most of you are aware, basically every single map in Halo Wars 2 is just copied and pasted with slight coloring differences to the environment. We need new maps not stupid retextures (which is the lazy way out). Every single game or match I play despite the slight retexture feels like I am playing on the exact same map and it actually ruins the game experience if you ask me. Don’t get me wrong Halo Wars 2 is a great game but playing the exact same map over and over really lets the game down. The original Halo Wars had AMAZING maps! They should re-release some of the old maps from the original Halo Wars and also come up with a few new maps to improve the experience of the game.

It’s confirmed we’re getting two free maps in the fall, but I agree, I’d love to see more maps

I would argue this isn’t entirely true. There are a few maps that look very similar but have different layouts and do play differently. Be that teleporter play, light bridge gambles, more garrisons to use, or healing spires. Plus Vault with that massive structure in the middle giving a high ground advantage. The maps are diverse enough as is, just all very similar looking, due in part to very few locales to choose from on the ark.

That being said, I am highly anticipating new maps with ATN. Hope they throw us a bone and give us at least 1 new map before then. Can only dream though.

One of the strongpoints of HW1 was the diverse locales for multiplayer maps as the Spirit of Fire made a journey to several different planets over the course of that game allowing for a lot more freedom in map design. Hopefully they take that into consideration when making the third installment.

The amount of maps and the variation in them is disappointing, I know we’re getting 2 free ones but that’s still not enough.

I think you confused the two terms. We have maps with similar textures but differences in layout.

I miss all the interactive elements from the maps in the original Halo Wars. And the neutral guardians at base expansion points.

> 2533274821521504;5:
> I think you confused the two terms. We have maps with similar textures but differences in layout.

Exactly. There’s only like, 3 textures, but the maps play very differently.

Leaders add to the mix and all, but we’ve had so many of them already. Maps is where the freshness really takes place. I know the two new ones are on the way, but a handful more would make the game so much fuller.

> 2533274813245241;7:
> > 2533274821521504;5:
> > I think you confused the two terms. We have maps with similar textures but differences in layout.
>
> Exactly. There’s only like, 3 textures, but the maps play very differently.

Do they really play that different? I haven’t played much at all in the last 2 months but it seemed like teleporters were the only things that really changed how the maps are played.

> 2533274792776027;6:
> I miss all the interactive elements from the maps in the original Halo Wars. And the neutral guardians at base expansion points.

Creeps would be the term, I really miss having them at bases. It was much more exciting/interactive than just walking to a base and building it.

I disagree that the maps are all the same. I find each one plays very differently. Although I wouldn’t mind HW1 maps added in, I wouldn’t want them in ranked playlists.

I don’t know about you guys but I want a remaster of Exile or Fort Deen. I played those maps dozens of times in the first game and I feel they would fit well as good 3v3 maps.

> 2533275001759937;9:
> > 2533274813245241;7:
> > > 2533274821521504;5:
> > > I think you confused the two terms. We have maps with similar textures but differences in layout.
> >
> > Exactly. There’s only like, 3 textures, but the maps play very differently.
>
> Do they really play that different? I haven’t played much at all in the last 2 months but it seemed like teleporters were the only things that really changed how the maps are played.
>
>
> > 2533274792776027;6:
> > I miss all the interactive elements from the maps in the original Halo Wars. And the neutral guardians at base expansion points.
>
> Creeps would be the term, I really miss having them at bases. It was much more exciting/interactive than just walking to a base and building it.

The creeps I miss, and the special garrison points like shield walls and population boosts from HW1. But the maps definitely play differently. Choke points, troop movements, etc. Like Ashes with its cliff walls makes troop movements difficult, and badlands has the one major point in the center where most early fighting takes place.

yes please 343 give us more maps!

I would love a remake of Tundra or Chasms. I miss the snowy maps and light walls.

I want remaster for Fort deen and Blood Gulch

> 2533274807562680;3:
> I would argue this isn’t entirely true. There are a few maps that look very similar but have different layouts and do play differently. Be that teleporter play, light bridge gambles, more garrisons to use, or healing spires. Plus Vault with that massive structure in the middle giving a high ground advantage. The maps are diverse enough as is, just all very similar looking, due in part to very few locales to choose from on the ark.
>
> That being said, I am highly anticipating new maps with ATN. Hope they throw us a bone and give us at least 1 new map before then. Can only dream though.
>
> One of the strongpoints of HW1 was the diverse locales for multiplayer maps as the Spirit of Fire made a journey to several different planets over the course of that game allowing for a lot more freedom in map design. Hopefully they take that into consideration when making the third installment.

Then again 343 clearly stated that the Halo Wars 2 multiplayer isn’t canon, seeing as they’ve made a ton of leaders that are dead or from a completely different time. So the maps they make don’t have to be based on the Ark if it’s not canon.

More maps would be great! I’d love to see more of the Ark. Maybe some frozen or scorched battlefields?

> 2535428828618420;11:
> I don’t know about you guys but I want a remaster of Exile or Fort Deen. I played those maps dozens of times in the first game and I feel they would fit well as good 3v3 maps.

fort is my favorite mape, we need it so much

we need more maps with more interactive stuff like that giant turret

> 2533274807562680;3:
> I would argue this isn’t entirely true. There are a few maps that look very similar but have different layouts and do play differently. Be that teleporter play, light bridge gambles, more garrisons to use, or healing spires. Plus Vault with that massive structure in the middle giving a high ground advantage. The maps are diverse enough as is, just all very similar looking, due in part to very few locales to choose from on the ark.
>
> That being said, I am highly anticipating new maps with ATN. Hope they throw us a bone and give us at least 1 new map before then. Can only dream though.
>
> One of the strongpoints of HW1 was the diverse locales for multiplayer maps as the Spirit of Fire made a journey to several different planets over the course of that game allowing for a lot more freedom in map design. Hopefully they take that into consideration when making the third installment.

It’s a near Jupiter-sized installation with a considerable amount of various biomes set up on it as per its role as a habitat. For it to not be diverse, as you say…