Can we just have ranks please?

Something that has been on a lot of people’s minds is the fact that there is only one ranked playlist. This is BEYOND frustrating for several reasons.

For one, we’re waiting for confirmation that the ranking system “works” before it is implemented into the other playlist over time. This doesn’t make any sense to me… If you’re checking to see if the ranks work (and let’s be honest they’re clearly not) why does it matter if they’re in the other playlist or not if they’re just going to get reset anyway! I just don’t understand the logic behind one ranked playlist.

That point ties into my next point because two, now with all these UI, server, matchmaking issues (,etc.) issues the ranks are now being pushed back on 343s priority. The ranks being reinstated was a major selling point for this game and it definitely was for me personally. A lot of players took of work the week of launch to grind out ranks and took those days well in advance only to find out 4 days before launch that they wouldn’t be rolled out until “sometime after launch.” Now granted, matchmaking wasn’t working regardless but I’m not going to get on that topic because I’m not here to complain. It’s working better now and that’s what matters as well as looking forward to when this game is fully functional.

Lastly, the actual matchmaking itself. As I just previously stated, as the last CU made matchmaking a little better, getting actual matches has still been quite a pain. Compounded on this fact that no matter what, I have to play with beginner players. No, this is not an “Oh iz bettar thaNz you n00bz” post. I’ve been competing in MLG, EGL, etc for about 8 years now so needless to say I’m a bit above average in skill. Playing these unranked games consistently is just abysmal. Pub stomping gets old after about an hour and honestly if it isn’t fun for me going +20 every game, there’s no way it can be enjoyable on the other team just getting pounced on be people all day… There’s absolutely no way anyone can sit here and say they enjoy that. What makes this worse is when my friends are not online at particular time and I have to suffer EVERY game because I have people going at least -10 on my team and I’m still going +15-20. It’s so annoying to play with.

Yes, I’m aware that “you can just played H2A ranked” but my rank has been reset like 7 times so obviously this is not the best suggestion.

Does anyone agree or disagree? I would like to know.

Thank you.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

TLDR. ranks are pointless until they make matchmaking legit.

> 2535411749008672;2:
> TLDR. ranks are pointless until they make matchmaking legit.

TLDR? What lol? It was like the equivalent to 2 1/2 paragraphs.

Matchmaking needs to work properly and CONSISTENTLY.

I agree the playlists should be ranked. But I’m fine with waiting until they fix all the other issues first. I played a couple games of the ranked playlist last night and the match was 3 vs 5. How can that even be justified. Lingering issues such as that need to be fixed first. I’m still waiting for my double team playlist. That’s all my buddy and I used to play.

> 2533274799410318;4:
> Nah, everything needs to remain unranked until they get matchmaking to work properly and CONSISTENTLY.

And why is that?

Its not working consistently regardless if it’s in or not. This is what I’m talking about that makes no sense.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274961993641;3:
> > 2535411749008672;2:
> > TLDR. ranks are pointless until they make matchmaking legit.
>
>
>
> TLDR? What lol? It was like the equivalent to 2 1/2 paragraphs.

I’m willing to bet you said nothing worth reading.

> 2533274961993641;6:
> > 2533274799410318;4:
> > Nah, everything needs to remain unranked until they get matchmaking to work properly and CONSISTENTLY.
>
>
> And why is that?
>
> Its not working consistently regardless if it’s in or not. This is what I’m talking about that makes no sense.

Because the ranks aren’t the ranks we would actually have if we weren’t being matched terribly in 5v3, parties versus randoms, lag fests, etc etc. Really not that hard to put together, sad that we have to explain it.

> 2533274961993641;6:
> > 2533274799410318;4:
> > Nah, everything needs to remain unranked until they get matchmaking to work properly and CONSISTENTLY.
>
>
> And why is that?
>
> Its not working consistently regardless if it’s in or not. This is what I’m talking about that makes no sense.

Why would you make any playlist ranked when half the games are uneven? Not only is the net code -Yoinked!-, but so is team balancing.

Not reading all that either, I get the point and the point is silly. The game can’t even be played by most, and everything is broken. You are worried about ranks.

Rank what, who is best at staring at menus and rebooting xboxes.

Why are you complaining about ranks when most people can barely find a game and when they do their party members are on opposite uneven teams.

> 2535411749008672;7:
> > 2533274961993641;3:
> > > 2535411749008672;2:
> > > TLDR. ranks are pointless until they make matchmaking legit.
> >
> >
> >
> > TLDR? What lol? It was like the equivalent to 2 1/2 paragraphs.
>
>
> I’m willing to bet you said nothing worth reading.

Well I’m sorry our elementary school education system failed you to the point where you need to make decisions based on whether or not you should make an effort to read something that would take you about a minute to read and instead just mindlessly post. Thank you for your input regardless I guess.

But you make no sense… Not every game is 5v3. It happens sometimes but definitely not at the capacity it used to. So it’s sad you can’t comprehend that.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274961993641;12:
> > 2535411749008672;7:
> > > 2533274961993641;3:
> > > > 2535411749008672;2:
> > > > TLDR. ranks are pointless until they make matchmaking legit.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > TLDR? What lol? It was like the equivalent to 2 1/2 paragraphs.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m willing to bet you said nothing worth reading.
>
>
>
> Well I’m sorry our elementary school education system failed you to the point where you need to make decisions based on whether or not you should make an effort to read something that would take you about a minute to read and instead just mindlessly post. Thank you for your input regardless I guess.
>
> But you make no sense… Not every game is 5v3. It happens sometimes but definitely not at the capacity it used to. So it’s sad you can’t comprehend that.

tldr

For those saying that oh games are uneven… bull crap. I’ve played about 30 games over the past three days and I’ve gotten maybe 2 unbalanced games. I’m starting to see why other communities hate these forums lol. Everyone lacks the ability to read things and go “Oh Im not reading this but I disagree”… My god…

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why is it so hard for people just to make their -Yoinking!- point? Stop trying to sound smart, it’s a video game forum.

> 2533274961993641;12:
> > 2535411749008672;7:
> > > 2533274961993641;3:
> > > > 2535411749008672;2:
> > > > TLDR. ranks are pointless until they make matchmaking legit.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > TLDR? What lol? It was like the equivalent to 2 1/2 paragraphs.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m willing to bet you said nothing worth reading.
>
>
> Well I’m sorry our elementary school education system failed you to the point where you need to make decisions based on whether or not you should make an effort to read something that would take you about a minute to read and instead just mindlessly post. Thank you for your input regardless I guess.
>
> But you make no sense… Not every game is 5v3. It happens sometimes but definitely not at the capacity it used to. So it’s sad you can’t comprehend that.

People lets just move on from this thread. It’s pretty clear that this person has no idea what he/she is talking about. Rank means nothing at this point and should be of little concern to everyone especially to 343. The game is broken, therefore rankings are a visual representation of nothing. The latest CU has done little to nothing for a lot of people.

> 2533274961993641;14:
> For those saying that oh games are uneven… bull crap. I’ve played about 30 games over the past three days and I’ve gotten maybe 2 unbalanced games. I’m starting to see why other communities hate these forums lol. Everyone lacks the ability to read things and go “Oh Im not reading this but I disagree”… My god…

I’ve gotten 30 games over the past few days and all have been uneven. Therefore your point is moot.

Put ranks in a broken game and broken playlists, and you’ll be the first one making a new post about how one of the 100 glitches affected your rank.

How about they make the game playable first. You polish a turd it’s still a turd.

> 2535411749008672;15:
> Why is it so hard for people just to make their -Yoinking!- point? Stop trying to sound smart, it’s a video game forum.

It’s kind of hard to make a point when people don’t read lol. Stop trying to sound smart? I’m… sorry I try to convey my thoughts in an intelligent manner. I’ll make sure to dumb it down next time I guess :confused:

I may as well not even try to converse with you because obviously you’re trying to argue and I’m not. If you disagree… fine. But you’re trying to bash me for no reason by saying I sound smart… Which I don’t take as an insult lol.

I disagree. That is all.

> 2533274961993641;14:
> For those saying that oh games are uneven… bull crap. I’ve played about 30 games over the past three days and I’ve gotten maybe 2 unbalanced games. I’m starting to see why other communities hate these forums lol. Everyone lacks the ability to read things and go “Oh Im not reading this but I disagree”… My god…

You’re one of the few then. The vast majority of my games (and other people’s if you read the posts on these forums) have been uneven/broken. So there’s no point in rankings when the fundamental matchmaking is broken. And it seems like you’re the one who lacks the ability to read things, read around the forums and see that most people are having broken games.