Can we have the Banished in Halo Infinite

The Banished from Halo Wars 2 were amazing and I would love to see them as the enemies in Infinite. They were unique and had amazing vehicles and troops like just look awesome. Having Atriox fight the chief would be super cool. What do you guys think of the Banished coming to Infinite?

Given that HW2 and H5g basically tie together and Infinite is set after those, i think the return of the banished is likely.

I would honestly be shocked if the banished didn’t make some sort of appearance

Combating the Flood would be a million times better than any appearance by the Banished.

Atriox would be a sweet bad guy for Master Chief to face off with.

> 2535444702990491;4:
> Combating the Flood would be a million times better than any appearance by the Banished.

Well we got to see the flood fight the Banished in Awakening the Nightmare and that was awesome so we might get to see them both.

I would really hope to see the Banished in Halo Infinite. But the question is… how? They’re currently stranded on The Ark with the Spirit of Fire & have no way to get off. With speculations saying Infinite would take place on Zeta Halo, I don’t see why we would go to the Ark? Unless Cortana plans to recruit the Banished and give them more tech & weapons. If that’s the case then I hope there’s diversity within the campaign where we complete missions on Halo rings then go to the Ark and help the Spirit of Fire.

> 2533274858195188;6:
> > 2535444702990491;4:
> > Combating the Flood would be a million times better than any appearance by the Banished.
>
> Well we got to see the flood fight the Banished in Awakening the Nightmare and that was awesome so we might get to see them both.

Yeah, it was cool and all… Because the Flood were there. I’m not bashing HW2 but at the core of it, all the Banished truly are are the same old Covenant with a different skin and a back story.

From a gameplay perspective the Banished play no differently than any other Covenant… Been there, done that in every Halo game ever.

On the other hand we haven’t been able to engage the Flood in a modern AAA FPS Halo game to date. If HW2 has shown us anything it’s that fans are more than eager to combat the Flood for real once again. Here’s hoping that 343i will Awaken the Nightmare.

I honestly hope the banished replace the covenant remnants it really doesn’t make any sense for them to be around anymore

Now I’m wondering if this is going to be a thing where we fight to retake earth, things are going well, then suddenly: Whoosh! Big purple / black ball appears, and waves of strange, red and gray banshees and blisterbacks rain down, destroying everything they see. Then the Spirit of Fire reappears and you have to coordinate efforts to win forever, with a few happy accidents along the way, like “Oh no vale died” and stuff.

I feel that this is very likely, as well as the Floods’ returndue to the events that took place in “Awakening the Nightmare” in HW2.

> 2533274932512744;9:
> I honestly hope the banished replace the covenant remnants it really doesn’t make any sense for them to be around anymore

I very much agree, especially after their destruction in Halo 5

Honesty, I don’t see the Banished showing up for a few reasons:

-The bulk of their forces are on the Ark with their Leader, Atriox. So unless we go to the ark in Halo Infinite, we won’t fight them.

-The Banished are Halo Wars villains. This is a bit strange, but I just don’t see them becoming the enemy in the FPS Reclaimer saga. At least not yet. Their story is tied with the Spirit of Fire not the UNSC at large. Again, for the moment at least. Let me put it this way: Jerome and Isabel are to Atriox as John and Cortana were to Truth, Mercy, and Regret.
Jerome and Isabel must “finish their fight” against the Banished like John and Cortana did to the original Covenant.

Reasons why I think they will be in Halo 7: The Ark is the ultimate Prize, Cortana knows this. She will likely seek to control it. But I don’t think that’ll be the Focus of Halo Infinite. I can see this becoming a conflict Down the road.

If Infinite’s story ties in at all with Halo Wars 2, it won’t be because of the Banished but because of Professor Anders. I could see Infinite’s post credit scene have Infinity show up at the Ark. especially if the Final battle with Cortana over the Domain is at Maethrillian. The Forerunner Capitol has a portal to the Ark. it could remain inactive until a certain fan-favorite Forerunner contender class A.I opens it and Infinity, or at the very least, John makes it though.

I would love it, I think the banished are now my favourite faction in Halo.

I love their sort of evolved look of Halo Reach brute look. I appreciate it.

omg i would love to see them return

> 2533274907586463;7:
> I would really hope to see the Banished in Halo Infinite. But the question is… how? They’re currently stranded on The Ark with the Spirit of Fire & have no way to get off. With speculations saying Infinite would take place on Zeta Halo, I don’t see why we would go to the Ark? Unless Cortana plans to recruit the Banished and give them more tech & weapons. If that’s the case then I hope there’s diversity within the campaign where we complete missions on Halo rings then go to the Ark and help the Spirit of Fire.

I don’t really think Atriox would side with Cortana, unless he’s going to benefit from it greatly. He’s done taking orders, even if it is an A.I. dictator.

> 2533274799527886;17:
> > 2533274907586463;7:
> > I would really hope to see the Banished in Halo Infinite. But the question is… how? They’re currently stranded on The Ark with the Spirit of Fire & have no way to get off. With speculations saying Infinite would take place on Zeta Halo, I don’t see why we would go to the Ark? Unless Cortana plans to recruit the Banished and give them more tech & weapons. If that’s the case then I hope there’s diversity within the campaign where we complete missions on Halo rings then go to the Ark and help the Spirit of Fire.
>
> I don’t really think Atriox would side would Cortana, unless he’s going to benefit from it greatly. He’s done taking orders, even if it is the Evil A.I. Queen of the Universe.

Fixed.

I would love to see the Banished in halo Infinite, and using their vehicles could be quite fun, too. (Shame that yapyap is non canon)

> 2533275044665974;11:
> I feel that this is very likely, as well as the Floods’ returndue to the events that took place in “Awakening the Nightmare” in HW2.

Fighting the flood would be really interesting (and fun) too