can we have some SMASH-ABLE glass?

i am attempting to make skyline from crysis 2 in forge now but the main structure has lots of glass windows that you can smash, i have to either fill them with windows or walls because we cant make glass objects

can we have some smash-able glass in forge please, it will make maps more interesting and look better

ITT: but thats too CoD, BF like. You can’t do that, they did it first

/thread

that argument doesnt work in this situation

think about the glass on boardwalk, you can shoot through it but it doesnt smash, it looks pretty stupid, if it smashed when shot, it would look pretty cool

We had smashable glass in 343GS way back when, I don’t see why not. I’m sure 343 could apply the visual and physical polish it would need.

Sounds like a decent enough idea. I don’t see why not. I mean smash able glass is already on default maps in Reach (ex. reflection) kinda surprising it isn’t already a forge feature.

I remember 343 talking about “destructible environments” a while ago.

> ITT: but thats too CoD, BF like. You can’t do that, they did it first
>
> /thread

Smash able glass and more interactive environments were on almost every map in Halo 2. Headlong and Ivory Tower had smash able glass. Waterworks had stalagmites that were able to be shot from the cave walls to fall on people. Zanzibar had smash able glass and some pillars and cover were able to be destroyed via weapon damage and explosions. Seems like the only Halo game that hasn’t incorporated this to a wide extent was Reach. Only map I can think of off hand that has glass that can be smashed would be the Ivory Tower Remake ironically enough

Here’s a quote from Frank in the OXM

Frank O’Connor: " The trailer that we unveiled at E3 last allowed us, in addition to announce Halo 4, to disclose certain aspects of gameplay to come to the most attentive. Many questions have arisen about the new weapon used by the Major, and the effects thereof, including the fact it is used to destroy a door. Halo 4 will include the elements of destructible scenery, to enhance immersion. It is a priority for the new trilogy, and if this aspect of the game was still gone unnoticed until to there, we will make it appear in the open because many players have asked. "

I like smashable glass. There was so much of it in Halo: CE and Halo 2. :slight_smile:

> Here’s a quote from Frank in the OXM
>
> Frank O’Connor: " The trailer that we unveiled at E3 last allowed us, in addition to announce Halo 4, to disclose certain aspects of gameplay to come to the most attentive. Many questions have arisen about the new weapon used by the Major, and the effects thereof, including the fact it is used to destroy a door. Halo 4 will include the elements of destructible scenery, to enhance immersion. It is a priority for the new trilogy, and if this aspect of the game was still gone unnoticed until to there, we will make it appear in the open because many players have asked. "

if they make the destructible scenery properly it should be awesome

i made a post about destructible scenery on here a while ago, but it was on the reach forum

There is some stuff you can break on a few maps. Sword base. The little windows on the sides of the central room on Reflection. But having those kinds of destructible pieces in forge would be cool.

Also, Zanzibar was nice with that arm that got lowered to allow you to get into the top of the base, and the button to open the gate on the side…definitely made the objective gameplay more interesting there. I’d like it if they brought that kind of stuff back in the on-disc maps. Doubly-awesome if those kinds of things could be included in forge.