Can we have some love for the Sentinels?

So far we have never had a main Halo game (CE,2,3) without the appearance of sentinels.

Halo 1 introduced us to them, the mechanical beings that are the Halo ring’s defence system against the flood. Halo 2 added a new bigger type, the enforcers, and made shielded sentinels more obvious with a new paint job. Then Halo 3 kinda ruined it by going with the original look and type from Halo 1.

Now, i realise that i have probably answered my own question here. Sentinels are deployed against flood, and there are no flood in Halo 4 that we fight against. This does not, however stop us seeing sentinels patrolling on the mysterious Halo ring as seen on the main menu, patrolling just like the ones on the ark.

Now i want to know from you guys, what differences or improvements would you like to see for the next time we see them? More types? The sentinels being more involved with each other (forming bigger ones as seen in “Ghosts of Onyx”)?

Lets have a little love for the sentinels out there!

I actually miss them, yep.
Reach was just Covenant, Covenant, and more Covenant. Not that I don’t like them, it’s just that the game needed more variety on the enemy side.

I really really hope the sentinels are back in 4, along with the Halo 2 Enforcers and maybe new types (though I don’t really expect new types).

I miss them too, I hope they will return in a future halo game along with the flood

Yes, no one has yet to ask Frankie or 343 in general if sentinels are returning. I love them.

They might return in this one, since your on a forerunner planet. I don’t think they would be a major threat though if they did return.

Since it is a forerunner planet, I would think something would be very amiss if there were no Sentinels. It would just be weird if they were absent from Halo 4.

Onyx was a Shield World, Requiem is a Shield World… I think we will see Sentinels play a big role in early missions in H4. Hopefully they are similar to the “Ghosts of Onyx” Sentinels!!

Do you think they will be redesigned to match what is described in Ghosts of Onyx?

I highly doubt Halo 4 wont have sentinals.

> Onyx was a Shield World, Requiem is a Shield World… I think we will see Sentinels play a big role in early missions in H4. Hopefully they are similar to the “Ghosts of Onyx” Sentinels!!
>
> Do you think they will be redesigned to match what is described in Ghosts of Onyx?

They better show up, fighting or not. Just because 343 is focusing more of the attention on Promethean enemies, doesn’t mean they should totally drop sentinels. Yeah, I’d like to see Onyx sentinels. They don’t have redesign current sentinels, but just make the Onyx ones from scratch. i like having variety. I remember seeing concept art featuring sentinels, but I can’t tell if it was fan made or 343’s. I still have the pic.

Yep and honestly, the sentinel beam in Halo 3’s MP was awesome. It killed so fast if you knew how to use it. Also a great variety weapon to the sandbox.

The Watcher is a Sentinel.

[deleted]

Aren’t the Prometheans a kind of sentinels since they are the defense-system of Requiem?

[deleted]

> The Watcher is a Sentinel.

I know but that doesn’t count in my book. I’m talking about our classic sentinels. No one cares about the Watcher being labeled a sentinel.

I would love to see sentinels back. Also Strato-Sentinels. That would be Sweeeeet!!!

> I would love to see sentinels back. Also Strato-Sentinels. That would be Sweeeeet!!!

Same, they’re the largest, but aren’t tailored for combat. Maybe a combat version of a Strato Sentinel

i wanna see these guys

> i wanna see these guys
>
> http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/2/2f/Oxmguardian.gif

The hell is that o_o. I never heard of it.

Edit: Are those the actual guardians

> > i wanna see these guys
> >
> > http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/2/2f/Oxmguardian.gif
>
> The hell is that o_o. I never heard of it.
>
> Edit: Are those the actual guardians

yeah those type of sentinels are called guardians