Can we have H3/Reach style medals back in Halo 5?

Like many fans, I am not too much of a fan of the updated multiplayer medals for Halo 5. I like the newer ones (some of them), but their design and visual punch has been totally lost. Halo 3 and Reach, to me, have the best medal looks and appearances in the kill feeds. Id like to see those return in a way. They dont have to be exact carbon copies of the Halo 3 and Reach medals from MM, but they can be modern takes on them (like giving some of the colors slightly darker shades of their original colors and make them bigger, or new star designs in the centers of all the multikill medals).
What do you guys think? Heck, I might just draw up my own designs of some medals and find a way to share them here :).

Edit 1: I have some ideas made up by using Paint on my laptop, but I dont know how to post them to this thread. I made rough new ideas for the multikill medals and a new spree medal. How would I post that?

I think Halo Reach had absolutely the best looking medals out of all the games. I think the metallic look with a bit of scratches was fantastic. They really were a pleasure to look at. Medals were one of the many things where Halo 4 really took a step in the wrong direction. I’d love to see back medals that more resemble those of Reach.

> 2533274825830455;2:
> I think Halo Reach had absolutely the best looking medals out of all the games. I think the metallic look with a bit of scratches was fantastic. They really were a pleasure to look at. Medals were one of the many things where Halo 4 really took a step in the wrong direction. I’d love to see back medals that more resemble those of Reach.

i always wanted steaktacular to be an in-game medal, i wish they bring it back. i’m torn, i like reach grit, but i also love the halo 3 simplism. reach medals look quite nice, though i think the h3 medals pop more.

I don’t care TBH about the medals I would rather you just see them in the post game lobby and not pop up during the game I don’t want any unnecessary crap clogging up my screen no matter how miniscule.

To me, Reach’s medals were the best around. Halo 4/Halo 5’s medals have lost almost all of their whimsy.

Totally agree with the OP, Reach’s looked best whereas 4&5’s look like a kid has drawn them and now you get a medal for everything (Crawler kill for example) so they have lost their value anyways.

They are medals dude, they all look the same and function the same.

> 2533274825830455;2:
> I think Halo Reach had absolutely the best looking medals out of all the games. I think the metallic look with a bit of scratches was fantastic. They really were a pleasure to look at. Medals were one of the many things where Halo 4 really took a step in the wrong direction. I’d love to see back medals that more resemble those of Reach.

nods head very emphatically

It seems silly because it’s a relatively minor detail, but this soooooo much. They looked great. And they were rare enough that they felt valuable. Now that everything has a medal, it feels devalued.

> 2533274825830455;2:

^This. I’d also like it if they scaled back the amount of medals. I don’t think we should get medals for regular kills, assists, tying our shoe, crossing the street, etc…

I really don’t care what they look like, just get rid of generic kill and assists for being within 30 feet of a teammate who killed someone and i’ll be happy.

OP I agree. I would also like the “beat down” and “assassination” medals to return to what they were in H2/3. Now beat downs are pummels and assassinations are beat downs…

Back in my day… mumble mumble…

I agree that Reach had some great looking medals, but I think they were great because they complemented the overall art style and tone of the game. They were gritty, scuffed, and scratched, which really went well with the whole theme. I’m not sure they would look appropriate in Halo 5 where everything is really shiny, clean, and new. Just my two cents.

> 2533274873910058;7:
> They are medals dude, they all look the same and function the same.

Im pretty sure the Extermination medal doesnt look the same as the killing spree medal…

> 2535416383459646;4:
> I don’t care TBH about the medals I would rather you just see them in the post game lobby and not pop up during the game I don’t want any unnecessary crap clogging up my screen no matter how miniscule.

How do they possibly clog up the screen? That thinking is kind of off…

> 2533274825830455;2:

I agree. Although I got used to H4s medals, there are too many of them and they have lost tons of value over time because there is a medal for virtually everything you do in the game.
If you got an exterm in H3/Reach, you KNEW you got one and it was such a good feeling. Now it looks lame and devalued. But its not THAT big of a deal to me. I can live with the new ones…i just wish I could see older medals return. I dont know what 343s art and design team was thinking when they made the new medal designs.

> 2533274810150284;12:
> I agree that Reach had some great looking medals, but I think they were great because they complemented the overall art style and tone of the game. They were gritty, scuffed, and scratched, which really went well with the whole theme. I’m not sure they would look appropriate in Halo 5 where everything is really shiny, clean, and new. Just my two cents.

I totally agree.

> 2533274836395701;3:
> > 2533274825830455;2:
> > I think Halo Reach had absolutely the best looking medals out of all the games. I think the metallic look with a bit of scratches was fantastic. They really were a pleasure to look at. Medals were one of the many things where Halo 4 really took a step in the wrong direction. I’d love to see back medals that more resemble those of Reach.
>
>
> i always wanted steaktacular to be an in-game medal, i wish they bring it back. i’m torn, i like reach grit, but i also love the halo 3 simplism. reach medals look quite nice, though i think the h3 medals pop more.

Isnt the Steaktacular medal in MCC? I have seen it pop up just barely when you get steak a team, but you dont see it until you get to the post game lobby.

> 2533274825830455;2:

I have some Paint drawings of updated/new multikill medals and one new Spree medal I just made up, “Absolute Destruction”. How would I post those for all to see in this thread?

> 2533274873910058;7:
> They are medals dude, they all look the same and function the same.

Ok, he’s just giving his 2 cents about something he’d like to see.

Yeah the ammount of effort they went to on the Reach medals is astounding, I remember watching the developer diary video. They look fantastic.

What I would really like medal wise is a no-scope medal, for when you headshot someone with the sniper while not scoped. Snapshot is great but you can get snapshots from killing someone with a bodyshot, it’s not the same! I want to have a medal to record all my proper no-scopes. Bodyshots don’t count, and aren’t all that impressive in comparison.