Can we have a map where it snows while you play?

I think it would be brilliant. Maybe even a winter castle type map that has an outdoor section with snow and heavy storms and a chilly inner section. I would really love to see a really good snow map.

I want Halo to be colorful again. Reach maps were dull and so were the Spartans. I’d even like a map based at Sea where the ocean is more of an artistic blue with giant sea creatures in the background splashing water on the sides of the map.

I’d just love some maps that are colorful and beautiful… oh and that are competitive :wink:

What do you think?

snow=greatest thing ever but snowing while on the map yoink ya!!! sounds great hopefully it it ever happend the snow would also land on the spartans and wipe off after they sprint or something to that degree

> snow=greatest thing ever but snowing while on the map yoink ya!!! sounds great hopefully it it ever happend the snow would also land on the spartans and wipe off after they sprint or something to that degree

Hopefully Spartans will have forgotten how to Sprint by 2012.

Also Snow Maps are awesome. I loved the snow on Lockout.

> > snow=greatest thing ever but snowing while on the map yoink ya!!! sounds great hopefully it it ever happend the snow would also land on the spartans and wipe off after they sprint or something to that degree
>
> Hopefully Spartans will have forgotten how to Sprint by 2012.
>
> Also Snow Maps are awesome. I loved the snow on Lockout.

Chief remembered how to Jetpack. Maybe that’s just an enhanced Space combat scenario, though.

Always did like snow on my maps for games. Except for Conquest on Nelson Bay for BC2, but that’s irrelevant.

there are rumours that in the halo campaign edition map pack there will be a sidewinder remake with forge capabilities :smiley: fingers crossed

I am down for the old Lock-Out and Backwash effects to return. I prefer them as they add the atmosphere that is often times a vacuum. Like Sandtrap. I can see the sand blowing along the ground, but it’s like the gravity is so heavy that that is all the sand does.

I know because of the other visual goodies Halo gives us, the atmosphere gets attention lost, but it felt like Halo:CE and 2 had more more instances of atmosphere while 3 and Reach used it sparingly if at all. But don’t get me wrong, I still loved it when it rained. Reach more so than 3. It was afraid to rain in 3 when the enemies were numerous :wink:

It’s something I greatly love about BF:BC2 and soon to be BF3. GoW3 is using atmosphere effects in spades, hoo-ra!

> snow=greatest thing ever but snowing while on the map yoink ya!!! sounds great hopefully it it ever happend the snow would also land on the spartans and wipe off after they sprint or something to that degree

I agree. I also agree witht he guy thats says hopefully no AAs.

I’d love the MP maps to have some variety to them. Reach’s were to bland and expected. Breakpoint was a pretty cool looking map. Shame it doesn’t play too well and that they were a little too generic with it’s design. I’m thinking a map that has indoor and out like Epitaph or Lockout styled maps with snow all around the outsides and some that’s blown inside becaus eof the open doors :wink:

im not talking about halo 4 tho yes it would be cool for a snow map in halo 4 but i think we need a good one in reach sure theres already a snow map but im not very fond of it…

We have had map(s) like that before. Don’t you remember Lockout?

Yes, that would be awesome indeed =)

That would be great, but you have to take into account the amount of rendering power complex particle effects such as snow have on a game. These days a AAA game has to have weather effects that interact with map geometry, and the nature of forging would mean that a lot of processing ability is going into an aesthetic that could otherwise go towards a more vital feature, such as frame rate.

That sounds pretty cool.

Better yet, there should be a Forge World Special Effect that simulates Rain and Snow. Wouldn’t that be beast?

Snow and a Thunderstorm and I’ll be happy.