can we gift silver req packs with RP (or bronze)

This would be really cool for people who have little to none and can help boost their collection, and give people who have req packs that they don’t need (silvers) a way to get rid of them. EDIT: it would still be fine if you had to spend another 1000 req points to send the pack as well as the 5000 to buy the pack.

> 2535427113648813;1:
> This would be really cool for people who have little to none and can help boost their collection, and give people who have more req points than they will ever spend a good feeling from helping new players.

It would be great if we could even gift Gold Packs bought with REQ points. But noooooo, we’ve got to shell out 3 bucks before we could help people out!

> 2533274944752684;2:
> > 2535427113648813;1:
> > This would be really cool for people who have little to none and can help boost their collection, and give people who have more req points than they will ever spend a good feeling from helping new players.
>
> It would be great if we could even gift Gold Packs bought with REQ points. But noooooo, we’ve got to shell out 3 bucks before we could help people out!

That would be awesome too

Yeah OP, would definitely be a cool feature to have. Especially for someone like me who is always gifting packs to my Company members. I’m Halo Req point rich but real life poor XD!

As much as I want to give back to the community - particularly those struggling with the grind - I fear the possibility of people being taken advantage of and getting nailed for something really messed up.

Not going to happen I’m afraid OP, 343 were pretty clear on this from the outset of REQ gifting

> 2533274813317074;6:
> Not going to happen I’m afraid OP, 343 were pretty clear on this from the outset of REQ gifting

oh :frowning: i just wish you could gift stuff to people without spending money

> Why can’t i gift other REQ packs or gold packs purchased with RP?
>
> We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.

> 2533274862181038;8:
> > Why can’t i gift other REQ packs or gold packs purchased with RP?We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.

Yeah, i just don’t know how you can get scammed by deciding to give a friend a silver pack

> 2535427113648813;9:
> > 2533274862181038;8:
> > > Why can’t i gift other REQ packs or gold packs purchased with RP?We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.
>
> Yeah, i just don’t know how you can get scammed by deciding to give a friend a silver pack

The internet is a wonderous place, but also a dangerous one too. I can guarantee that someone from the shadows will tag an unknowing victim and blackmail them or else their privacy gets compromised. And it’s not pretty. In fact, I was once caught in an extortion scheme about two months ago where my social standing would’ve been ruined. Thankfully with the help of others, I did as much damage control as possible and dodged one hell of a bullet. It still haunts me to this day.

> 2535427113648813;9:
> Yeah, i just don’t know how you can get scammed by deciding to give a friend a silver pack

Eventually any in-game gifting feature will be exploited by people looking to make a profit (real or virtual). I’ve seen it happen with FB games years ago. Also it’ll take dedicated resources to make sure gifting isn’t exploited, like setting up rules, dealing with negative complaints, etc. Basically wasting time and energy that could’ve been used towards improving the game play experience.

I agree

> 2535427113648813;9:
> > 2533274862181038;8:
> > > Why can’t i gift other REQ packs or gold packs purchased with RP?We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.
>
> Yeah, i just don’t know how you can get scammed by deciding to give a friend a silver pack

It has to do with the system being scammed, not necessarily you.

> 2533274796457055;13:
> > 2535427113648813;9:
> > > 2533274862181038;8:
> > > > Why can’t i gift other REQ packs or gold packs purchased with RP?We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.
> >
> > Yeah, i just don’t know how you can get scammed by deciding to give a friend a silver pack
>
> It has to do with the system being scammed, not necessarily you.

ok that makes more sense

In short, Nope. Sadly. Get on that 343

They definitely should never allow gifting any packs using req points. I guarantee you would constantly see players saying they gave money to another player for a certain number of packs or whatever and then not getting the packs… Then that player would say he sent them and 343 servers must have lost them or something… It would just be a big headache.

> 2533274816788253;16:
> They definitely should never allow gifting any packs using req points. I guarantee you would constantly see players saying they gave money to another player for a certain number of packs or whatever and then not getting the packs… Then that player would say he sent them and 343 servers must have lost them or something… It would just be a big headache.

yeah i guess