Can we get more SR ranks now?

Half of us have already reached the 130, and it really lowers the fun and motivation we had back when there was something to work for. Challenges mean nothing and experience means nothing, and if we wouldn’t have had Commendations (which are expertly done BTW except for some impossible ones- Mongoose Destroyer and Plasma Pistol I’m looking at you!). Part of the fun of playing a multiplayer game (especially one with a Progression system like Halo 4) is leveling up, and I know I would be extremely happy if you added maybe twenty or thirty new ranks.

The fact that you are now adding new mods allows for the perfect opportunity to do just that: give us ten ranks for every achievable mod you add (that can only be done once a player masters all the specializations) and make. Them. Hard. When I say hard, I mean that I want these ranks, for most of us, to live up until Halo 5. Make SR 160 or 150 or whatever actually mean something. The first ten or twenty new ranks should be long but achievable, but the last ten ranks should mimic Halo Reach in that they are almost impossible.

Do this 343i, and we will love you even more. You have been doing a great job at fixing Halo 4’s many issues so far and this is as pressing an issue as it gets. When you are done with the Champions Bundle, this should be your logical next step. The game is much better now, and we need something to work for.

Community, sign if you agree.

have you had a think that they said there will be two more AA put in the game for everyone, you get the AA’s when you complete a specialization and if you have 10 for each of the two and add it to the 130 you get 150, which means they could have put more ranks in…
the two new AA’s could be two more specializations, what they would do for armour and emblems i dunno but even if we dont get armour and that i just want more ranks so i can aim towards something again!!

just a theory, i reckon they got sommin up there sleeve :stuck_out_tongue:

Its too late for that, and doesnt make a big difference if you haver SR130 or SR150.

> Half of us have already reached the 130, and it really lowers the fun and motivation we had back when there was something to work for. Challenges mean nothing and experience means nothing, and if we wouldn’t have had Commendations (which are expertly done BTW except for some impossible ones- Mongoose Destroyer and Plasma Pistol I’m looking at you!). Part of the fun of playing a multiplayer game (especially one with a Progression system like Halo 4) is leveling up, and I know I would be extremely happy if you added maybe twenty or thirty new ranks.
>
> The fact that you are now adding new mods allows for the perfect opportunity to do just that: give us ten ranks for every achievable mod you add (that can only be done once a player masters all the specializations) and make. Them. Hard. When I say hard, I mean that I want these ranks, for most of us, to live up until Halo 5. Make SR 160 or 150 or whatever actually mean something. The first ten or twenty new ranks should be long but achievable, but the last ten ranks should mimic Halo Reach in that they are almost impossible.
>
> Do this 343i, and we will love you even more. You have been doing a great job at fixing Halo 4’s many issues so far and this is as pressing an issue as it gets. When you are done with the Champions Bundle, this should be your logical next step. The game is much better now, and we need something to work for.
>
> Community, sign if you agree.

also i wouldnt like it like halo reaches last ranks, theres impossible… and then theres that, there was a calculation on how long it would take me to get from field marshal to forerunner, and it said it would take me 22 years… :confused:

> have you had a think that they said there will be two more AA put in the game for everyone, you get the AA’s when you complete a specialization and if you have 10 for each of the two and add it to the 130 you get 150, which means they could have put more ranks in…
> the two new AA’s could be two more specializations, what they would do for armour and emblems i dunno but even if we dont get armour and that i just want more ranks so i can aim towards something again!!
>
> just a theory, i reckon they got sommin up there sleeve :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not AAs, it’s armor mods. But other than that I agree.

OT: The poll is up, for some reason my internet screwed it up beforehand.

I wish they’d get rid of SR altogether. It neither means anything nor adds anything to the game. It doesn’t make sense to me to display a rank that’s not skill-based.

> > have you had a think that they said there will be two more AA put in the game for everyone, you get the AA’s when you complete a specialization and if you have 10 for each of the two and add it to the 130 you get 150, which means they could have put more ranks in…
> > the two new AA’s could be two more specializations, what they would do for armour and emblems i dunno but even if we dont get armour and that i just want more ranks so i can aim towards something again!!
> >
> > just a theory, i reckon they got sommin up there sleeve :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> It’s not AAs, it’s armor mods. But other than that I agree.
>
> OT: The poll is up, for some reason my internet screwed it up beforehand.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
everyone. keeps. doing. that.
there both the same :stuck_out_tongue:
anyway yeah thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

No, more SR ranks is the last thing we need

Man I remember when people used to play video games for fun and not a progression rank. Why do you need an ever increasing number next to your gamertag to declare you’re having fun? Shouldn’t the gameplay be fun enough?

SR 150 looks much nicer than 130 in my opinion and its always nice to progress each game. But if this means more perks and CoD styled stuff, I hope to god it doesn’t happen! If at the end of each 10 levels we get a armour set, weapon skin or something non game changing then yeah why not heighten the level cap. To be honest I’ve never been a fan of exp leveling, for me Halo 3’s ranks were basically perfect and would be way happier if they completely copied them with a tittle update…

> Man I remember when people used to play video games for fun and not a progression rank. Why do you need an ever increasing number next to your gamertag to declare you’re having fun? Shouldn’t the gameplay be fun enough?

I’ll tell you exactly why (and I was prepared for this argument).

The game is fun, and I enjoy it thoroughly. There is so much to be done, from the variety of playlists to the different modes. On one hand this is great, on the other hand- not so much. Challenges and ranks provide a way to guide the player into the future of his or her experience, and give us a monument to strive for and to aim to achieve that makes the journey that much more enjoyable. As a maxed out player, I feel like I was thrown into the immense and versatile world of Halo multiplayer, but what do I do? Challenges mean nothing anymore and I have already reached the so called monument (which took a journey shorter than I could ever imagine) and in a way, I’m lost.

By your standards, there should be no ranking systems at all. Think of that for a second. Would that be acceptable? Would gamers really take that well? Would they not rip this game to shreds if it had no ranking system. Without the ranks, commendations disappear, armor disappears and challenges disappear. You are left with a straightforward and single noted experience. Can you think of one good online multiplayer game without a ranking system? I can’t. There is a reason why ranking systems are tied together with Multiplayer, because at its core a ranking system is meant to push the player to playing the game in ways he didn’t before and to reveal to the player all the facets that make it up.

What will I do without a ranking system? Probably a hell of a lot of Griffball and Dominion. I enjoy these gametypes more than the rest (though I have high hopes for Legendary Slayer). But so much will be lost, surely. The motivation to explore what exists in the game is gone. There is no monument anymore, and I will likely play it safe.

One more argument you may come up with, is CSR. CSR is nice, and honestly if I was a better player and more consistent in certain playlists I could have had a lot of fun with it. But I am not, and CSR isn’t even visible unless I go through the hassle of opening my phone and entering the site, then signing in and finally going to my stat overview. It’s just not worth it at times…

The very facts that new mods are being made proves one thing: 343i are still adding elements to Halo 4’s progression system. If they still care about that, why can’t they add new ranks and new challenges and tie them together with the improved state of Halo 4? Why not?

Do we really need ranks? No. They don’t mean a thing (especially in Halo 4’s system) but they make us explore the game and motivate us to make the most out of it. If 343i are already doing the deed of adding to Halo 4’s progression system, they should- no, they MUST at least consider adding new ranks.

I play my games for fun and to me it is also fun (another kind of fun) to work up to certain ranking system. To look into the horizon and see where I want to go in this game, even if I will never get there. Ranks enhance the journey to their completion and I personally would like to see more of them.

EDIT: I would also like to add that at the moment, I am making good use of the commendations, but I have reached the point where all of them become impossible so it’s a bit of a downer.

With addition of new armor. Will we move through three more sr ranks or do they just unlock?

> With addition of new armor. Will we move through three more sr ranks or do they just unlock?

They just unlock.

> > With addition of new armor. Will we move through three more sr ranks or do they just unlock?
>
> They just unlock.

Thanks, kinda silly but whateves

> Man I remember when people used to play video games for fun and not a progression rank. Why do you need an ever increasing number next to your gamertag to declare you’re having fun? Shouldn’t the gameplay be fun enough?

What is this?

Do you really think that Halo 2 and 3 would have been so successful online without their ranking systems? Did you not see the numbers of online Halo begin to drop with Reach and now dwindle to all time lows with Halo 4?

Halo 2 and 3 would have gotten so boring without ranks, just like how gamers have become bored with Halo 4.

> > > With addition of new armor. Will we move through three more sr ranks or do they just unlock?
> >
> > They just unlock.
>
> Thanks, kinda silly but whateves

yeah but we dont know about the other two AA’s or what ever you wanna call em tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Man I remember when people used to play video games for fun and not a progression rank. Why do you need an ever increasing number next to your gamertag to declare you’re having fun? Shouldn’t the gameplay be fun enough?
>
> What is this?
>
> Do you really think that Halo 2 and 3 would have been so successful online without their ranking systems? Did you not see the numbers of online Halo begin to drop with Reach and now dwindle to all time lows with Halo 4?
>
> Halo 2 and 3 would have gotten so boring without ranks, just like how gamers have become bored with Halo 4.

i beeged a differ, me and all my mates used to play it and we didnt care about ranks, i admit its something nice to aim for but i find halo 3 so much fun i just play that now and battlefield 3, again i dont care what rank i am, the only reason i aimed for ranks was to get new guns but now im eagle grade 4 and theres nothing else to upgrade i play it for fun :slight_smile: along with my mates, when i do go up a rank its a little extra something but im not that bothered :slight_smile:

@iKreutz
(and @ran and shai partially)

You’d be correct (and RaS still is for much of his post), except that DSight never said there is no value in a ranking system, he said there is no value in a progression ranking system.

> > Man I remember when people used to play video games for fun and not a progression rank. Why do you need an ever increasing number next to your gamertag to declare you’re having fun? Shouldn’t the gameplay be fun enough?
>
> What is this?
>
> Do you really think that Halo 2 and 3 would have been so successful online without their ranking systems? Did you not see the numbers of online Halo begin to drop with Reach and now dwindle to all time lows with Halo 4?
>
> Halo 2 and 3 would have gotten so boring without ranks, just like how gamers have become bored with Halo 4.

SR isn’t a rank; it’s a display of how many games you’ve played. CSR is a rank.

If they added two new Specializations, increasing the max SR to 150, all it means is that “bored players” have to play 150 more games before they hit the cap again. It doesn’t really fix anything.

> @ran and shai
> @iKreutz
>
> You’d both be correct (and RaS still is for much of his post), except that DSight never said there is no value in a ranking system, he said there is no value in a progression ranking system.

Exactly. I’m glad someone read what I wrote correctly and understands what I clearly wrote. I’m so surprised that people think I want to get rid of a ranking system, when I said there is no value in a progression system.

So if 343i adds 20 more ranks, I’ll fly up those in less than a month, maybe complete a bunch of challenges, and one or two commendations. So what? Is that fun? It happens regardless if I win or lose.

I’d rather have an in game ranking system based on skill and not how much time I’ve played.