Can we get an OG Halo radar playlist?

For the first time I’m really enjoying a 343 made Halo. That being said, I was curious as to how many players out there would be interested in a multiplayer playlist where the radar was more similar to older halo games. The radar in its current state, to me, ruins the entire experience of playing a HALO multiplayer game. It would be nice to have a playlist that supported OG radar.

Are you referring to how you don’t show up on the radar unless you shoot or sprint?

> 2533274882898126;2:
> Are you referring to how you don’t show up on the radar unless you shoot or sprint?

Yup

> 2535455683059862;3:
> > 2533274882898126;2:
> > Are you referring to how you don’t show up on the radar unless you shoot or sprint?
>
> Yup

In Halo 5, that radar style was restricted to competitive Ranked modes. I hope that for BTB and Social modes, we get the old style radar back.

Don’t think it’s wise to split the population over hairs.

Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> Don’t think it’s wise to split the population over hairs.
>
> Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.

I really really want to disagree with you, but I can’t. The radar has a skill gap. It’s weird to say, but it damn sure does. If you don’t get use to listening for audio cues and using it a specific way then you will simply not be able to play ranked.

Yeah was very disappointing realising the radar is almost useless now. It’s such a small issue that’s easily fixed.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> Don’t think it’s wise to split the population over hairs.
>
> Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.

Great point Ken

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2533274801036271;5:
> > Don’t think it’s wise to split the population over hairs.
> >
> > Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.
>
> I really really want to disagree with you, but I can’t. The radar has a skill gap. It’s weird to say, but it damn sure does. If you don’t get use to listening for audio cues and using it a specific way then you will simply not be able to play ranked.

And absolutely. Doing pvp last night showed me that unlike bots, players are careful people if they’re smart. You really gotta listen out for footsteps and watch your corners unless you wanna get waffle-stomped.

> 2533274882898126;8:
> > 2533274801036271;5:
> >
> > Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.
>
> Great point Ken
>
>
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > Don’t think it’s wise to split the population over hairs.
> > >
> > > Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.
> >
> > I really really want to disagree with you, but I can’t. The radar has a skill gap. It’s weird to say, but it damn sure does. If you don’t get use to listening for audio cues and using it a specific way then you will simply not be able to play ranked.
>
> And absolutely. Doing pvp last night showed me that unlike bots, players are careful people if they’re smart. You really gotta listen out for footsteps and watch your corners unless you wanna get waffle-stomped.

Playing PvP not only remind me that your hands get sore when you are old playing shooters all days, but your aim gets worse because of it. Outside of this the radar was the reason I died half the time in PvP and that’s something you learn as you go. That’s how core players wanted it back in the day. This Halo should be the old school MLG community love child.

Honestly I like the Infinite radar a lot. Don’t forget, we have a pretty robust ping system now, and an equipment item that marks people through walls (and on the radar I’m pretty sure). Having a radar showing all movement and the capability of marking what/whoever at any time is a lot of information at once. Out of that slice of pvp we got, I noticed a lot of players weren’t used to pinging things, and over time I think we’ll see that get used more and more often. Frankly, a ping is so much more valuable than a radar already, so having the radar effectiveness reduced while also giving regular strafing an advantage over sprinting allows for faster flanks and more maneuverability.

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2533274801036271;5:
> >
>
> I really really want to disagree with you, but I can’t. The radar has a skill gap. It’s weird to say, but it damn sure does. If you don’t get use to listening for audio cues and using it a specific way then you will simply not be able to play ranked.

So much this. I keep saying that reliance on the radar teaches bad habits. You can still have casual play while being aware of your flanks and not blindly running into rooms.

> 2533274814210937;11:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274801036271;5:
> > > Don’t think it’s wise to split the population over hairs.
> > >
> > > Ultimately 343 should do what they think is right for the game and the community based on the feedback they get, but I’m seeing a lot of radar hate and it makes me sad this could be changed as I like it a lot and it helps balance sprint.
> >
> > I really really want to disagree with you, but I can’t. The radar has a skill gap. It’s weird to say, but it damn sure does. If you don’t get use to listening for audio cues and using it a specific way then you will simply not be able to play ranked.
>
> So much this. I keep saying that reliance on the radar teaches bad habits. You can still have casual play while being aware of your flanks and not blindly trimming into rooms.

The one thing I advocate though is a 5 meter radar increase with the new system. If people are going to be sliding around like a snow day then there needs to be balance with it.

I don’t even spend much time in Halo’s regular PvP MPs as i tend to prefer Campaign,Co-Op and Custom games but i found the radar change to be a perfect sweet spot honestly, instead of removing it they just simply toned it down to a more sensible level where it’s still useful for spotting people who are shooting and running but can’t be used as a situational awareness crutch 24/7.

Halo (and also Destiny cause Bungie) are like the only games that decided to have a constant active radar in its MPs and i personally never was a big fan of it, it made it so that people would just pre-fire and pre-spam nades like crazy if they saw a blip approaching around the corner. The new radar also makes flanking a lot more useful and rewards players who pay more attention to sound and sight instead of just keeping an eye constantly on a circle telling them if someone is near by.