Can we get an off-topic forum?

Yes, this thread in itself is off-topic from Halo, but I think an off-topic forum would be nice for all the random things people want to post, or to just chat about things other than Halo. Seeing as Waypoint is supposed to replace bungie.net, we need off-topic to fulfill that.

No.

We did (gamma forums), it failed, we got the Yo! thread… I’m okay with this…

Ω

Waypoint is not to replace Bungie.net but to continue Halo. And we already have an off-topic place that is called, “Yo!”.

:smiley:

> No.

One word answers? Really?

smh

OT: Sorry sir but this is suggested all the time and met with the same result from members, admins and monitors - Visit the Yo! Thread. That’s the basis of Off Topic around here as Halo Waypoint would like to keep their Halo site limited to…well…Halo.

No wait, thinking about it, let’s have an entire forum dedicated to Pancakes on a Halo site!!

Makes sense, doesn’t it?

smh - more

> > No.
>
> One word answers? Really?
>
> smh
>
>
> OT: Sorry sir but this is suggested all the time and met with the same result from members, admins and monitors - Visit the Yo! Thread. That’s the basis of Off Topic around here as Halo Waypoint would like to keep their Halo site limited to…well…Halo.
>
> No wait, thinking about it, let’s have an entire forum dedicated to Pancakes on a Halo site!!
>
> Makes sense, doesn’t it?
>
> smh - more

Why give him more when the answer he’ll get from everyone else will be no?

A) B/c anyone can be a jerk and tell him No and then have a flame-exchange about “Why”.

B) You should know the deal with One Word Answers. So if everyone else does it, you should too? A point that was missed with your “announcement”.

Common sense, kid.

> Yes, this thread in itself is off-topic from Halo, but I think an off-topic forum would be nice for all the random things people want to post, or to just chat about things other than Halo. Seeing as Waypoint is supposed to replace bungie.net, we need off-topic to fulfill that.

I’ll support an off-topic forum if you can provide a reasonable and valid answer to the following question:

Why should we have an off-topic forum on a website specifically designed for only Halo-related discussion?

> Why should we have an off-topic forum on a website specifically designed for only Halo-related discussion?

Why have there been threads about Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and MW3 on the Halo forum?

> > Why should we have an off-topic forum on a website specifically designed for only Halo-related discussion?
>
> Why have there been threads about Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and MW3 on the Halo forum?

Those have been in General Discussion, where anything Halo and Xbox related is allowed.

> We did (gamma forums), it failed, we got the Yo! thread… I’m okay with this…
>
> Ω

We had a Cats section, rukizzel told me that it was NOT meant to be off-topic at all.

> > Yes, this thread in itself is off-topic from Halo, but I think an off-topic forum would be nice for all the random things people want to post, or to just chat about things other than Halo. Seeing as Waypoint is supposed to replace bungie.net, we need off-topic to fulfill that.
>
> I’ll support an off-topic forum if you can provide a reasonable and valid answer to the following question:
>
> Why should we have an off-topic forum on a website specifically designed for only Halo-related discussion?

because it keeps people on the forum

They have a few reasons not to. But I’d like an off-topic forum.

I don’t like the Yo! thread. You’re having a conversation with somebody in one thread, and before your friend can read and reply, like 20 more posts are added, and the post gets lost. Silly, really.