Can we get a custom games browser? Like PC GAMING?

If anyone here plays PC games, you know what I am talking about.

It would be awesome if Halo 4 had a feature where users can look up games based on map - gametype - etc.

I think it would be a fun additional feature.

I don’t know about any one else here, but I love the custom game browsers, a good way to meet causal gamers.

> I don’t know about any one else here, but I love the custom game browsers, a good way to meet causal gamers.

Plus you could host a custom game and random people can join.

Problems they have to overcome.

1. The best way to display important information when browsing for a game and what information is really important. Is the map really the most important piece of information, or is the gametype?

2. How to filter out the inevitable situation of joining a game that is uploaded as “MLG 4v4” or “Griffball” when in reality it is some jerk who set up a spawn trap because he thinks he is funny, or even just how to filter out the million “zombies” gametypes so that you know what you are joining.

3. I am no expert, but I do not know if it is possible to have a custom game browser on the type of network that LIVE uses. (I think I heard someone say that, not sure if it is true)

> Problems they have to overcome.
>
> 1) The best way to display important information when browsing for a game and what information is really important. Is the map really the most important piece of information, or is the gametype?
>
> 2) How to filter out the inevitable situation of joining a game that is uploaded as “MLG 4v4” or “Griffball” when in reality it is some jerk who set up a spawn trap because he thinks he is funny, or even just how to filter out the million “zombies” gametypes so that you know what you are joining.
>
> 3) I am no expert, but I do not know if it is possible to have a custom game browser on the type of network that LIVE uses. (I think I heard someone say that, not sure if it is true)

Halo 2 Vista and Battlefield 3 have custom browsers (Halo 2 has custom game browser mixed in)

> Problems they have to overcome.
>
> 1) The best way to display important information when browsing for a game and what information is really important. Is the map really the most important piece of information, or is the gametype?
>
> 2) How to filter out the inevitable situation of joining a game that is uploaded as “MLG 4v4” or “Griffball” when in reality it is some jerk who set up a spawn trap because he thinks he is funny, or even just how to filter out the million “zombies” gametypes so that you know what you are joining.
>
> 3) I am no expert, but I do not know if it is possible to have a custom game browser on the type of network that LIVE uses. (I think I heard someone say that, not sure if it is true)

GOW has a kind of xbox custom browser.

it can be done and it would certainly be a cool new feature to halo.