Can we fix spawns?

Am I the only one who is annoyed with the spawns? Like I’ve lost count of all the times I’ve died within 3 seconds of spawning because I spawned in an enemies line of sight or I the game spawns me on a team mate who’s getting shot at and I end up dying first. There are even times when I’ve spawned on the opposite side of the map from the rest of my team and I die getting shot at from three different angles trying to regroup with my team. It’s particularly bad on games like swat or snipers where kill times are much shorter, where I have died so fast I barely registered that I even spawned.
Like I understand the value of game sense, positioning, and working the spawns, but I feel like half of the games I play in barely able to do anything as the spawns allow the game to snowball too quickly. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think the spawns were actively screwing me over.

There’s a careful line in fixing some spawning while also trying to preserve this is how the games were.

For instance I would not want Halo: CE’s spawns fixed. They are apart of the charm of the game and another piece of the combat puzzle to be learned by skillful players. But then things like Halo 3 onward with Forge mode spawns, those could probably be tweaked here and there if it could benefit the players but not compromise the preservation of the original games.

Like what games are we talking about, each game has different spawn systems

> 2533274981422006;3:
> Like what games are we talking about, each game has different spawn systems

Honestly, I usually have my social match maker to include all games but ce (which is the only part of the collection which I don’t have installed). Like I said before, it is largely in swat and snipers. With game types that use shields (social or competitive) aren’t as bad as you have an extra couple of seconds to do something, but that will only do so much when you have multiple people focusing your lone self down

> 2533275031714324;4:
> > 2533274981422006;3:
> > Like what games are we talking about, each game has different spawn systems
>
> Honestly, I usually have my social match maker to include all games but ce (which is the only part of the collection which I don’t have installed). Like I said before, it is largely in swat and snipers. With game types that use shields (social or competitive) aren’t as bad as you have an extra couple of seconds to do something, but that will only do so much when you have multiple people focusing your lone self down

kk, heres how i view each games spawning, 4v4 slayer of course
Halo CE: good, can learn spawns easily
Halo 2C: great, rarely spawn on enemies
Halo 2A: bad, spawn and have the enemies spawn right behind you
Halo 3: ok, not bad, but not the best, easy to spawn-flip
Halo Reach: ok can get spawn camped
Halo 4: bad, enemies spawn on top of you

Really wish they either fixed spawns or removed the maps from H3 that are really problematic, by ranks of worse to less painful:

• Tundra (honestly this one should just get removed, there’s nothing fun about this map) - Heretic (this one should also get removed, it’s a 2v2 map, not a 4v4 map) - Isolation - Foundry (this one is really -Yoinked!- compared to it’s launch in the H3 DLC) - Citadel - Assembly - Blackout - Ghost TownThat really wouldn’t leave much in TS playlists since most of the spawns are broken. I did find a trick however to be more prepared for broken spawns:

• If you just won a team fight, ask yourself “what’s the ‘best’ angle the enemy could spawn and shoot you from”: that’s where they’ll spawn. - If you just lost a team fight, prepare to spam jump and immediately start shooting: chances are an enemy will be directly in front of you so you will land a shot as soon as you spawn.

> 2533274815711361;2:
> There’s a careful line in fixing some spawning while also trying to preserve this is how the games were.
>
> For instance I would not want Halo: CE’s spawns fixed. They are apart of the charm of the game and another piece of the combat puzzle to be learned by skillful players. But then things like Halo 3 onward with Forge mode spawns, those could probably be tweaked here and there if it could benefit the players but not compromise the preservation of the original games.

Agreed. I used to hate the CE spawns in Doubles a while ago. I wanted them to be changed because I kept getting spawn-killed. Then, I learned how dumb that would be because it would screw up the entire feel of CE. Understanding the system helped for sure. The Forge spawns should be fixed for sure, but I think the developer maps from the classic games had largely good spawn points.

> 2533274981422006;5:
> > 2533275031714324;4:
> > > 2533274981422006;3:
> > > Like what games are we talking about, each game has different spawn systems
> >
> > Honestly, I usually have my social match maker to include all games but ce (which is the only part of the collection which I don’t have installed). Like I said before, it is largely in swat and snipers. With game types that use shields (social or competitive) aren’t as bad as you have an extra couple of seconds to do something, but that will only do so much when you have multiple people focusing your lone self down
>
> kk, heres how i view each games spawning, 4v4 slayer of course
> Halo CE: good, can learn spawns easily
> Halo 2C: great, rarely spawn on enemies
> Halo 2A: bad, spawn and have the enemies spawn right behind you
> Halo 3: ok, not bad, but not the best, easy to spawn-flip
> Halo Reach: ok can get spawn camped
> Halo 4: bad, enemies spawn on top of you

And H2A and H4 being so similar makes sense when they’re the same engine.

Halo 5 also suffers from these problems.

In truth I hope that a new Engine may make all the difference here, in reality the way Halo handles spawns (i.e. set spawn points around the map where someone can spawn - with the exception of Reach having some ‘spawn on teammate’) plus a formula is really difficult to implement. If your calculation works along the lines of an IF statement:

IF within x distance of enemy, do not spawn
IF in LoS of enemy, do not spawn
IF not within y distance of friendly, do not spawn

You may very quickly end up with a circular calculation where you’re not allowed to spawn, so it has to be much more complex and weight the balance of possible spawns.

Sometimes, while where you spawn may seem absolutely awful, it may be the least worst option available to the game at the time. Halo 4 gets around this to some extent with you having some manual control on when you spawn, but that still requires coordination.

That said, I think a lot of this comes down to players and the ‘Don’t be a -yoink-’ rule. If players follow it, there wouldn’t be such a problem. Yes you’d have the occasional incidental spawn kill where someone rounds a corner and lets rip etc. but most of the truly bad examples are players specifically setting out to use the game’s spawning mechanics to their advantage and then farming kills with it. If that kind of behaviour can be discouraged then I think everyone will have a more enjoyable time.

> 2533275031714324;1:
> Am I the only one who is annoyed with the spawns? Like I’ve lost count of all the times I’ve died within 3 seconds of spawning because I spawned in an enemies line of sight or I the game spawns me on a team mate who’s getting shot at and I end up dying first. There are even times when I’ve spawned on the opposite side of the map from the rest of my team and I die getting shot at from three different angles trying to regroup with my team. It’s particularly bad on games like swat or snipers where kill times are much shorter, where I have died so fast I barely registered that I even spawned.
> Like I understand the value of game sense, positioning, and working the spawns, but I feel like half of the games I play in barely able to do anything as the spawns allow the game to snowball too quickly. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think the spawns were actively screwing me over.

I understand where you are commng from. I like to mod maps. I don’t like when all the spawns are NETURAL in CTF. I don’t like the Idea of having the enemy spawning at my base. So I had to make sure each team had their own spawn areas lol.

> 2533274815711361;2:
> There’s a careful line in fixing some spawning while also trying to preserve this is how the games were.
>
> For instance I would not want Halo: CE’s spawns fixed. They are apart of the charm of the game and another piece of the combat puzzle to be learned by skillful players. But then things like Halo 3 onward with Forge mode spawns, those could probably be tweaked here and there if it could benefit the players but not compromise the preservation of the original games.

8v8 Blood Gulch on CE, Sure you might die in 3 seconds after spawn, but so will everyone around you! Also I agree, CE spawns should never be changed. I always preferred CE spawns over the other Halo Game’s Spawns anyway.

The spawning is so bad in MCC. The game will literally do one of the next few things I’m about to list, every single match.

• Players spawn behind you over and over. (Not just CE)
  • I shoot at an enemy player one time and there teammate spawns directly next to them and they kill me. (Literally over and over again)
  • I spawn directly into an enemy’s sight and die instantly (over and over)
  • I spawn nowhere near my team or infront of the whole enemy team.
  • My team spawns away from each other and the other team spaws right next to each other (over and over)
  • My whole team is bad every single match
  • My gun will miss 10 people in a row and I soon is I screen record, the gun becomes laser accurate.
    Every time I play the game it will literally do one of these or multiples of these things every single match. This isn’t an exaggeration. The game is literally unplayable. God forbid I leave these terrible matches, I literally get banned every single time I leave a match. The game literally feels like it’s trying to make me die and lose as much as possible every match. I don’t have fun at all.

They aint gonna change the spawns. Been apart of the the games since before mcc. Itd require an overhaul that i doubt theyd dedicate the time/money/resources into.

> 2535420423878127;12:
> They aint gonna change the spawns. Been apart of the the games since before mcc. Itd require an overhaul that i doubt theyd dedicate the time/money/resources into.

I’ve been playing Halo since 04. I’ve never shot at someone and had there team spawn directly on them after one shot. I literally can’t kill you if the first time you get shot your teammate spawns right on you and double teams me.

> 2533274904708946;13:
> > 2535420423878127;12:
> > They aint gonna change the spawns. Been apart of the the games since before mcc. Itd require an overhaul that i doubt theyd dedicate the time/money/resources into.
>
> I’ve been playing Halo since 04. I’ve never shot at someone and had there team spawn directly on them after one shot. I literally can’t kill you if the first time you get shot your teammate spawns right on you and double teams me.

Been playing since 2001 xbox and 2003 pc. CE spawns have always been goofy.

> 2535420423878127;14:
> > 2533274904708946;13:
> > > 2535420423878127;12:
> > > They aint gonna change the spawns. Been apart of the the games since before mcc. Itd require an overhaul that i doubt theyd dedicate the time/money/resources into.
> >
> > I’ve been playing Halo since 04. I’ve never shot at someone and had there team spawn directly on them after one shot. I literally can’t kill you if the first time you get shot your teammate spawns right on you and double teams me.
>
> Been playing since 2001 xbox and 2003 pc. CE spawns have always been goofy.

CE for sure. But they did mess up H3 spawns and have not acknowledged it or addressed it in any way.