Can we finally agree...

…that consistently spawning power weapons/ups are the way to go. With the release of the Community Forge Playlist and, more recently, Team Doubles, can we finally come to an agreement that having our weapons spawn in consistent locations on relatively consistent timers is the best option for this game? Games finally have structure. Teams actually have to control power weapons. Honestly, it’s a breath of fresh air.

I have to agree with this one hundred percent.

I enjoy Infinity Slayer but it needs to go into a social slayer playlist. I love the spawning of weapons like the games of old.

I have sadly not tasted Halo 4’s Team Double playlist yet, but I will have to now!
I do prefer the older Halo’s weapon spawning system over Halo 4’s. I just find them either too hard to find or constant notification markers on my screen.

> I have sadly not tasted Halo 4’s Team Double playlist yet, but I will have to now!
> I do prefer the older Halo’s weapon spawning system over Halo 4’s. I just find them either too hard to find or constant notification markers on my screen.

Everything spawns as initial ordnance, I believe. There are, I think, a maximum of three weapons/power ups per map, so the markers shouldn’t be an issue.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

> > I have sadly not tasted Halo 4’s Team Double playlist yet, but I will have to now!
> > I do prefer the older Halo’s weapon spawning system over Halo 4’s. I just find them either too hard to find or constant notification markers on my screen.
>
> Everything spawns as initial ordnance, I believe. There are, I think, a maximum of three weapons/power ups per map, so the markers shouldn’t be an issue.

Well, that’s great to hear!

Nope. We have them in all game modes already. Whether you’re paying attention to them or not is your own fault.

The only thing I would add is the Power up drops amongst the weapon drops we already have in infinity slayer.

> Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

ROFL. No one camps power weapons because they’re in disadvantageous positions on the maps, maybe you should get better and learn to time the weapons yourself instead of crying because the game isn’t spoon feeding you anymore.

> Nope. We have them in all game modes already. Whether you’re paying attention to them or not is your own fault.
>
> The only thing I would add is the Power up drops amongst the weapon drops we already have in infinity slayer.

Edit: Misread.

You honestly like having one power weapon spawning once every 2-3 minutes, not knowing where it will be or what it will be?
What made you play Halo in the first place?

> Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

Inflammatory much?

It takes much more than just “camping power weapons” to win a 2v2.
Map knowledge, power weapon location knowledge, call-outs and skilled use of weaponry is what it takes to win.
If it were that simple, then I should have lost a lot more games than I did.

> Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

Controlling an area to get to a power weapon is not camping, it is how Halo as been played since CE.

Constant spawns helps move map flow and degrade camping, due to power weapons usually being placed in a risk v. reward situation. If you’re getting camped on, you obviously have not tried alternate routes. However having an enemy team control a certain area of the map is NOT camping, it’s map control and it’s what halo is about.

Power weapons are placed as to avoid camping.

> Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

Have fun trying to camp the sniper spawn on Abandon. I’m sure you’ll see great success.

> Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

yea, it’s not as much fun as camping anywhere and having the power weapons delivered at your feet :confused:

> Doubles is for the noobs who need to camp power weapons. Absolute bore.

haha you must have goten owned alot in the old halo’s on dubbles

I agree we need more reasons for map control. Static weapon spawns on a predictable timer is what is needed once again.

How is doubles btw? The moment I saw that infinity slayer will be in it i decided not to touch it.

> I agree we need more reasons for map control. Static weapon spawns on a predictable timer is what is needed once again.
>
> How is doubles btw? The moment I saw that infinity slayer will be in it i decided not to touch it.

Doubles Pro is majestic. Hopefully they ban camo and jet pack from Infinity Slayer, as they blatantly disrupt the gameplay,

> I agree we need more reasons for map control. Static weapon spawns on a predictable timer is what is needed once again.
>
> How is doubles btw? The moment I saw that infinity slayer will be in it i decided not to touch it.

Doubles pro would definitely benefit from the removal of sprint and replacing flinch with descope but other than those two things it’s great. Infinity doubles is complete garbage but we all knew it would be from the start. Doubles CTF is ruined by custom loadouts.

> > I agree we need more reasons for map control. Static weapon spawns on a predictable timer is what is needed once again.
> >
> > How is doubles btw? The moment I saw that infinity slayer will be in it i decided not to touch it.
>
> Doubles pro would definitely benefit from the removal of sprint and replacing flinch with descope but other than those two things it’s great. Infinity doubles is complete garbage but we all knew it would be from the start. Doubles CTF is ruined by custom loadouts.

agreed