Can we do away with csr now? Or seperate it?

So sick of it, it’s way to unbalanced!!! I seem to always have these streaks where I’m either doing amazing or getting destroyed, for example just moments ago I had an amazing game where I had 19 kills and 6 deaths, but the 3 before that I got beat to the point where I wanted to throw my controller through the tv!!! It’s a daily thing for me to go 3 or 4 games in a row where I am unstoppable and follow that up with 4 where I can barely get a kill because I’m paired with players who are way better then me

Quick follow up, after going 19 and 6 the next game I went 10 and 16, again because of csr there is no middle ground, I’m either leading my team in kills and making it look easy or I’m struggling and wondering why I still bother playing this game, I love halo but the current ranking system is horrible

The ranking system doesn’t work the way it did in halo 3. In halo 4 a full team of CSR 50’s could match a bunch of CSR 1’s.

CSR is just a number based on how often you win/have the highest score. It barely affects who you get matched against.

The number used for matchmaking is TrueSkill, which is calculated differently than CSR. People get confused because the Halo 3 system was essentially using the TrueSkill formula, so they have expected future ranking systems to do the same, which they haven’t.

> So sick of it, it’s way to unbalanced!!! I seem to always have these streaks where I’m either doing amazing or getting destroyed, for example just moments ago I had an amazing game where I had 19 kills and 6 deaths, but the 3 before that I got beat to the point where I wanted to throw my controller through the tv!!! It’s a daily thing for me to go 3 or 4 games in a row where I am unstoppable and follow that up with 4 where I can barely get a kill because I’m paired with players who are way better then me

To use a popular analogy, you wont get better at a game until you play against someone better than you. You may not win, but you’ll get a little closer (and thus a little better) each time you play.
I’m personally against the ranking system. It’s for people who play often and like to boast. I’m not trying to offend anyone, but that’s all I see. It seems that if you aren’t a 50 then you’re treated as a casual.
So no, I don’t play often (no xbox connection where I’m at). I have a rank that shows that (was actually unable to play for about the past year), but that doesn’t mean I’m bad at the game. But I’d be happy to be paired up against any good player to see if anyone has learned anything new while I’ve been away.

But like I said, treat each time you are beaten as a learning experience and enjoy putting everything you have in the “good fight.” It may hurt your score, but it’s just a number, and you can always improve it after you learn a few tricks from the people who beat you.

Low population also means wonky matches.

> > So sick of it, it’s way to unbalanced!!! I seem to always have these streaks where I’m either doing amazing or getting destroyed, for example just moments ago I had an amazing game where I had 19 kills and 6 deaths, but the 3 before that I got beat to the point where I wanted to throw my controller through the tv!!! It’s a daily thing for me to go 3 or 4 games in a row where I am unstoppable and follow that up with 4 where I can barely get a kill because I’m paired with players who are way better then me
>
> To use a popular analogy, Adapt

Yeah what that guy said.