Can we bring back playlist-specific ranks?

Title says it all. Even in social playlists in Halo 3 you still had to start from recruit in EACH playlist, which I think is fair.

Thoughts?

Nah… I like game wide rank.

I didn’t like it.

See, with that, say somebody was a general in team slayer and then they went into social slayer for the first time. Then, another guy could have just gotten the game, and he decided to do his first game in social slayer. Now, BOTH of them would be counted as recruits in social slayer, yet their skill level is MILES apart.

only in the competitive playlists and only if it resembles skill, otherwise its pointless.

I never liked it, I like the new system better. Much more simple.

That only came into Halo 3 later on in 2008/2009 and was only a progressive rank, why would we want even more ranks?

I’m thinking we’re going to have enough chances to level up with the system how it is. I kinda liked the halo 3 playlisy spacific system but only on double exp weekends when I could see just how much I played it compared to others

Yeas its need badly!

Exp and EXP per playlist was a great idea and I loved it and want it back

Having a Rank per playlist
Gives people incentive to keep playing both old abdul new playlists

> See, with that, say somebody was a general in team slayer and then they went into social slayer for the first time. Then, another guy could have just gotten the game, and he decided to do his first game in social slayer. Now, BOTH of them would be counted as recruits in social slayer, yet their skill level is MILES apart.

Yeah but after playing a certain amount of matches the true skill would kick in and I must say it worked better in Halo 3. At first this player would gain some easy wins playing lower ranked people but in the end would even out. Reach was the total opposite I find that I am matched with either really bad players or really good players. I’m an average player and in Halo 3 all my matches were hard fought and competitive. I have only experienced land slides defeats and wins more consistently in Halo reach than in Halo 3.
I kind of missed the ranking in Halo 3 to be honest it was better than reach casual Ranks.
It gave me a reason to play, a reason to get better as I always felt challenged by the games I played. I didn’t feel the same in Reach.

I like in halo 3 ranking system because there was exp and skill what both affect to your rank.

> See, with that, say somebody was a general in team slayer and then they went into social slayer for the first time. Then, another guy could have just gotten the game, and he decided to do his first game in social slayer. Now, BOTH of them would be counted as recruits in social slayer, yet their skill level is MILES apart.

In halo reach there is so many people who are inheritors now so i can’t say that every one would be in same skill level or even close i think that in halo reach skill levels are even more apart.

Anything from halo3 gets my vote.

Playlist-specific ranks, unlike global ranks, actually worked. They did their job; matching you with players of similar skill, even in social playlists.

> Playlist-specific ranks, unlike global ranks, actually worked. They did their job; matching you with players of similar skill, even in social playlists.

Im 100% with you

• its part of what kept me coming back because I wanted to hit my general in TS or BTB

Its an easy system that people really enjoyed and would loved to see its return .

I loved seeing Playlist specific Rank in Competitive. Progressive rank can still be fully operational, skill based rank will just be more pronounced with certain playlists.

Dislike. Never liked that kinda leveling up. But to each his own