Can we all get along?

I’m tired of everyone always posting forums about Halo Anniversary being this and that! Ive read them all and I think there utter crap. Halo Anniversary was a gift brought to you by 343 because they care for the community. A halo CE remake was demanded for since the reslease of Halo 2, and now that we have it, we don’t like it. I understand that the forums are of issues in the game itself. But why not enjoy the game for what you like and remember about it? Why only dread on the faults? This game was made for us to enjoy and we need to start supporting it. Who’s with me??

It seems when one thing doesn’t meet their expectations they think the whole game garbage.

> Halo Anniversary was a gift brought to you by 343 because they care for the community.

By “gift brought to you by 343 because they care for the community,” do you mean “commercial project greenlit by Microsoft in the hopes of moderate profits and franchise promotion and developed to a good extent by people who have nothing to do with 343i?” That’s a more verifiable claim.

Not that many of the people working on it didn’t care. But in the eyes of a critic, that’s hardly a justification for fault.

> A halo CE remake was demanded for since the reslease of Halo 2, and now that we have it, we don’t like it.

Why should its mere existence necessarily imply that everyone should reflect positively on it, even those people who demanded it?

> But why not enjoy the game for what you like and remember about it? Why only dread on the faults?

Because Halo 1 exists, and if you don’t like the new visuals and don’t have the ability take take advantage of online coop, the original game is arguably better*?

//===================

(You’re also making the, probably false, assumption that people are only dwelling on its faults. That people complain and don’t praise does NOT mean that they dislike something. It just means that their conversational focus is on issues.
This happens all the time with MP complaints; people will bring up loads of negatives despite playing the game for an hour a day. It’s not that they strictly don’t like the game in a general sense. It’s that they think it could be much improved.
Not that this describes all complainers; but it probably describes many of them.)

*Especially if you have an oXbox and a CRT display sitting around. Halo 1 fully native tromps all over Classic Mode IMO, despite the moderately lower resolution.

> > Halo Anniversary was a gift brought to you by 343 because they care for the community.
>
> By “gift brought to you by 343 because they care for the community,” do you mean “commercial project greenlit by Microsoft in the hopes of moderate profits and franchise promotion and developed to a good extent by people who have nothing to do with 343i?” That’s a more verifiable claim.
>
> Not that many of the people working on it didn’t care. But in the eyes of a critic, that’s hardly a justification for fault.
>
>
>
> > A halo CE remake was demanded for since the reslease of Halo 2, and now that we have it, we don’t like it.
>
> Why should its mere existence necessarily imply that everyone should reflect positively on it, even those people who demanded it?
>
>
>
> > But why not enjoy the game for what you like and remember about it? Why only dread on the faults?
>
> Because Halo 1 exists, and if you don’t like the new visuals and don’t have the ability take take advantage of online coop, the original game is arguably better*?
>
> //===================
>
> (You’re also making the, probably false, assumption that people are only dwelling on its faults. That people complain and don’t praise does NOT mean that they dislike something. It just means that their conversational focus is on issues.
> This happens all the time with MP complaints; people will bring up loads of negatives despite playing the game for an hour a day. It’s not that they strictly don’t like the game in a general sense. It’s that they think it could be much improved.
> Not that this describes all complainers; but it probably describes many of them.)
>
> *Especially if you have an oXbox and a CRT display sitting around. Halo 1 fully native tromps all over Classic Mode IMO, despite the moderately lower resolution.

Your assumptions are false. Read the forums about this game and you will begin to see why I made this thread. I will keep this response short but just keep in mind that 10 years of memories will always be in all of us…

Best regards: A true devotee of Halo

> Your assumptions are false. Read the forums about this game and you will begin to see why I made this thread. I will keep this response short but just keep in mind that 10 years of memories will always be in all of us…
>
> <mark>Best regards: A true devotee of Halo</mark>

And what makes anyone else NOT a true Halo fan?

> Your assumptions are false.

Would you mind clarifying this, without demanding that I prove myself wrong by reading through thousands of pages of text? Especially considering that I’m no stranger to this particular corner of the internet, and have already seen the discussions that you’re probably referring to?

(And while keeping in mind that many of my claims don’t rely on the actual stated positions of critics, but merely present positions that critics could very easily fall back to if pressed by your demands.)

Edit:

> Best regards: A true devotee of Halo

A hint for the future: If you’re trying to gain credibility with someone with whom you’re making an argument to, firing indirect "holier-than-thou"s at them is not a very effective approach.

(And if you didn’t intend this in that manner, you might want to be more careful in the future, because that’s how people will read it.)

“Each of us contains a proliferation of contradictions
That conspire to promote a profusion of confusion and provoke conniption fits
That leave us twitchin’ and twisted and with emotional bruisin’
Man I’m talking convulsions, also contortions, contusions.” -McMrNapkins

I really don’t see why anyone feels the need to say stuff like " Halo CEA was complete garbage" and such. I mean you guys obviously knew what you were buying before you bought it. It was pretty obvious : Remastered Campaign ( New visuals , skulls, terminals, easter eggs ) , and New Maps for HALO REACH…

I never understood these kind of threads.

Ask yourself- what exactly is the point of a public forums such as this?

These forums provide a place for the community to provide feedback and state their opinions. The feedback provided comes in any form from mindless flaming to mindless praising, and anything in between.

BTW, sdnomdE you beat me to it. Good job!

Blame the fans who set impossibly high expectations. I enjoyed CE:A and even got all achivos (they were challenging/frustrating) and the work 343/Saber did made it one of the VERY few games that are worthy of the title and not just cheap cash ins (i am looking at you RE 4/Code Veronica X).

Some people you just can’t pleased; just look at the sonic community(lolsonicretro). They are worse then this fanbase by far and i love Sonic. Still, you can’t keep people from complaining. That’s what the forums are for, feedback. You just have to deal with it and move on.

> > Your assumptions are false. Read the forums about this game and you will begin to see why I made this thread. I will keep this response short but just keep in mind that 10 years of memories will always be in all of us…
> >
> > <mark>Best regards: A true devotee of Halo</mark>
>
> And what makes anyone else NOT a true Halo fan?

There is a huge toss up on what a true halo fan is. Some are massive book worms, or Game company followers that would rather seeing what the developers are up to. Many are huge fans of the forums because the community does a awesome job. I personal am a mix of all 3 and i love to get my hands on limited edition collectables and I’m a massive consumer to Halo products. You don’t need to be the best, but show common curtisey to all the fellow halo fans. We are all the same and specialize in different aspects of what makes us all TRUE fans! :slight_smile:

I personally feel that 343i has delivered the awesome titan classic HCEA in a good manner. They didn’t have to much time to invest in all the ideas they wanted but they did give us additions that make the game worth buying.

1.Classic remake

2.Skulls terminals

3.Graphic engine options

4.Massive amounts of Easter eggs!

5.Remasterd music!’

5.COOP online! not perfect but it works

6.Other additional maps for HR relating to Halo 1

What more can you ask for! I wish there was a legendary copy! I would buy it~ :smiley:

I just want everyone to stop getting hostile towards each other over a disagreement. If you have a different opinion than me, it’s OK; I respect it.

> > Your assumptions are false. Read the forums about this game and you will begin to see why I made this thread. I will keep this response short but just keep in mind that 10 years of memories will always be in all of us…
> >
> > <mark>Best regards: A true devotee of Halo</mark>
>
> And what makes anyone else NOT a true Halo fan?

The fact that you insualt Halo for all it’s good attributes. A true fan critiques what is out of place in Halo, not goes against it.

> The fact that you insualt Halo for all it’s good attributes. A true fan critiques what is out of place in Halo, not goes against it.

Going with your definition for the sake of the discussion…

Regarding determining what is a good attribute for Halo, and what is out of place in Halo. Who determines such things? And how?

> > The fact that you insualt Halo for all it’s good attributes. A true fan critiques what is out of place in Halo, not goes against it.
>
> Going with your definition for the sake of the discussion…
>
> Regarding determining what is a good attribute for Halo, and what is out of place in Halo. Who determines such things? And how?

Those who have played all the Halo’s and read all the books, ones who actually appreciate a good remake.

> > > The fact that you insualt Halo for all it’s good attributes. A true fan critiques what is out of place in Halo, not goes against it.
> >
> > Going with your definition for the sake of the discussion…
> >
> > Regarding determining what is a good attribute for Halo, and what is out of place in Halo. Who determines such things? And how?
>
> Those who have played all the Halo’s and read all the books, ones who actually appreciate a good remake.

I own every Halo game and book. The comics I just read at the comic store, frankly $20 for the whole volume is bit steep. I still don’t really care for CEA. It’s still just CE with a fancy graphics filter that has horrible facial animation and poorly used things from Halo 3 and Reach, ie the Marine armor and Cortana.

> Those who have played all the Halo’s and read all the books, ones who actually appreciate a good remake.

And someone who hasn’t explored all these things is unqualified to analyze a remake why?

This seems like a particularly silly definition in light of the fact that Halo 1 originally existed independantly of most of the content you just mentioned. A remake that is attempting to be at all true to the original should presumably be at least fairly analyzeable either in and of itself or in comparison with Halo 1, without the need for all other material as context.
ESPECIALLY if its main aims are to recreate the original experience for long-time players (since if new required context actually throws the game off for non-full-EU people, that would be something to criticize in and of itself), and introduce new players to the game (since introducing new people should especially not require outside context).

//===================

More generally:
When dealing with a product that was marketted to many millions of people, you probably shouldn’t claim that only a single small group is fit to analyze it, and then define that group to be a group that you just happen to be a part of, particularly if you justify neither of these steps. Nobody who doesn’t already agree with you is going to take you seriously.

> I’m tired of everyone always posting forums about Halo Anniversary being this and that! Ive read them all and I think there utter crap. Halo Anniversary was a gift brought to you by 343 because they care for the community. A halo CE remake was demanded for since the reslease of Halo 2, and now that we have it, we don’t like it. I understand that the forums are of issues in the game itself. But why not enjoy the game for what you like and remember about it? Why only dread on the faults? This game was made for us to enjoy and we need to start supporting it. Who’s with me??

Well just as I thought…by the response to your statement. The Answer is No.

> > > The fact that you insualt Halo for all it’s good attributes. A true fan critiques what is out of place in Halo, not goes against it.
> >
> > Going with your definition for the sake of the discussion…
> >
> > Regarding determining what is a good attribute for Halo, and what is out of place in Halo. Who determines such things? And how?
>

Wow. Pretty bias that you have to basically be a Halo Scholar in your eyes to “appreciate a good remake”.

Contradicting your own OP.

To answer the Title - “Were it so easy?”