Can they stop catering to the small %

First off I’m not saying halo5 shouldn’t cater to competitive MLGyolodoritos groups and I’m not saying they totally left out more casual fans.

But…

I can’t help but feel 343 cares too much about the 1-5% who think BRs and human only weapons. And yea as I said I know its not 100% no fun but still.

Look at it. No Elites at all. Because of “balanace” but what about customs or the good Spartan vs Elite modes. What about machina or customs and FUN.

No big team battle. I hear even the maps and entire mode may be DLC awhile later. Yea warzone is fun looking but why skip BTB so late.

Overall I feel they are ignoring the more casual groups like machima which is almost dead. Forge workers which seems weak (No file share in MCC) or just the people who wanna wort wort worthog in a hog crushin Spartans with your split chin bros

Don’t turn halo into what its not. There’s room for BR only super tight matches but don’t forget about the crazy fun that helped make halo popular

>Remember it was jenga and Fatman and causal custom that made halo3 fun. Not just the BR only

MLGyolodoritos… hahaha

I think 343i is doing a good job catering to all groups of players. They have the campaign for those who love Halo lore and campaign, arena mode for the competitive crowd, Warzone and other game modes for the more fun crowd, and hopefully we’ll see some awesome additions to forge for those who like to build maps.

They’ve said they have some good stuff in store for customs, forge and Machinima so I wouldn’t be worried there and BTB will make it to Halo 5 after launch.

Don’t worry OP, it will be ok.

> 2533274795233660;2:
> MLGyolodoritos… hahaha
>
> I think 343i is doing a good job catering to all groups of players. They have the campaign for those who love Halo lore and campaign, arena mode for the competitive crowd, Warzone and other game modes for the more fun crowd, and hopefully we’ll see some awesome additions to forge for those who like to build maps.
>
> They’ve said they have some good stuff in store for customs, forge and Machinima so I wouldn’t be worried there and BTB will make it to Halo 5 after launch.
>
> Don’t worry OP, it will be ok.

Well said!

I think Halo 5 is, from what we’ve seen and plsyed so far, a perfect mix

You say not to cater to the small%, but then talk about Machinima and forgers? Which is it?

And they have reasons for not using Elites or having BTB at launch. And it has nothing to do with what you think.

Halo 4 multiplayer didn’t cater to the “mlg” crowd, and look what we got. Halo 5 arena seems competitive and balanced, it’s there for anyone that wants to get into Halo multiplayer and have a fair game, mlg or not. Warzone is not for the mlg crowd at all, it’s for anyone that wants the full Halo sandbox with other players but without all the stress. And there’s breakout which is sort of somewhere in the middle I think. I think Halo 5 could be 343’s redemption.

Also, they’re probably starting most playlists with pistol/AR, so I’m not getting how they’re putting the BR ahead of everything else. If anything Bungie are the one’s who did that. We don’t even know all the playlists they’re going to include on launch, so your speculation is null and void, dude.

Listen, I’ve been plying BTB in every Halo game since it was a thing. I have no problem giving Warzone a shot. It’s like a mix of BTB, Firefight, and Invasion.

Besides, they’re adding BTB later on, so give something new a chance.

Also: BLUE TEAM!!! They brought back BLUE TEAM!!! XxxMGL460MtDewxxX bros don’t even know who Blue Team is.

Also, the AR and SMG are now guns that you can use to kill people. They’re not pointless anymore.

> 2533274795233660;2:
> MLGyolodoritos… hahaha
>
> I think 343i is doing a good job catering to all groups of players. They have the campaign for those who love Halo lore and campaign, arena mode for the competitive crowd, Warzone and other game modes for the more fun crowd, and hopefully we’ll see some awesome additions to forge for those who like to build maps.
>
> They’ve said they have some good stuff in store for customs, forge and Machinima so I wouldn’t be worried there and BTB will make it to Halo 5 after launch.
>
> Don’t worry OP, it will be ok.

But what about the casual community that wants to play CLASSIC firefight? War zone looms alright but it is and should not be a replacement for CLASSIC firefight. I know they said they’re gonna maybe do a pve only war zone but I’m one of those guys who likes to play firefight alone. And I know I’m not one of the small % of people but the casual couch gamers don’t wanna play arena and all the esports jazz and warzone. We just wanna kill covies and forerunners without redoing the campaign over

the fact that they are acknowledging the competitive community is a + in their favor in my eyes.
There’s some knit picky things i don’t like about it but i will say its going to be the most competitive shooter released this year. Unless of course something unexpected happens and catches us by surprise.

There’s plenty of things casual to play with and if your a pve kinda person they have that campaign which is looking to be the single largest one yet.

Then there are the things they haven’t told us about like forge and theater.

Other than the people who prefer to play as elites they have done something for everyone.

I hope for a streamlined system to promote custom content to a community matchmaking playlist, which would be dedicated to community made maps & game types. I think something like that would infuse a lot of long term variety and social play never before seen in a Halo game.

> 2533274884078920;8:
> > 2533274795233660;2:
> > MLGyolodoritos… hahaha
> >
> > I think 343i is doing a good job catering to all groups of players. They have the campaign for those who love Halo lore and campaign, arena mode for the competitive crowd, Warzone and other game modes for the more fun crowd, and hopefully we’ll see some awesome additions to forge for those who like to build maps.
> >
> > They’ve said they have some good stuff in store for customs, forge and Machinima so I wouldn’t be worried there and BTB will make it to Halo 5 after launch.
> >
> > Don’t worry OP, it will be ok.
>
>
> But what about the casual community that wants to play CLASSIC firefight? War zone looms alright but it is and should not be a replacement for CLASSIC firefight. I know they said they’re gonna maybe do a pve only war zone but I’m one of those guys who likes to play firefight alone. And I know I’m not one of the small % of people but the casual couch gamers don’t wanna play arena and all the esports jazz and warzone. We just wanna kill covies and forerunners without redoing the campaign over

Don’t worry, backwards compatibility will be coming for you.

Just playing devil’s advocate here, but 343 and Bungie have been more than generous in their catering to the casual community for too long. It’s why Halo has strayed so far from it’s roots to begin with. Not to mention that your comment about the BR is completely untrue. The starting loadout in Halo 5 is a pistol and AR for godsakes. BTB is coming in a couple weeks after launch. Warzone is a STRICTLY CASUAL game mode. Forge players being ignored? Do you realize that over half the maps in the beta were made from Forge pallets? I know nothing more has been announced yet, but from what we’ve already seen of forge, it’s the biggest investment into the tool yet. So what more do you want them to do, exactly?

Let 343 bring the series back home to its competitive roots, and enjoy the ride. The game will be much better for it.

> 2533274795233660;11:
> > 2533274884078920;8:
> > > 2533274795233660;2:
> > > MLGyolodoritos… hahaha
> > >
> > > I think 343i is doing a good job catering to all groups of players. They have the campaign for those who love Halo lore and campaign, arena mode for the competitive crowd, Warzone and other game modes for the more fun crowd, and hopefully we’ll see some awesome additions to forge for those who like to build maps.
> > >
> > > They’ve said they have some good stuff in store for customs, forge and Machinima so I wouldn’t be worried there and BTB will make it to Halo 5 after launch.
> > >
> > > Don’t worry OP, it will be ok.
> >
> >
> > But what about the casual community that wants to play CLASSIC firefight? War zone looms alright but it is and should not be a replacement for CLASSIC firefight. I know they said they’re gonna maybe do a pve only war zone but I’m one of those guys who likes to play firefight alone. And I know I’m not one of the small % of people but the casual couch gamers don’t wanna play arena and all the esports jazz and warzone. We just wanna kill covies and forerunners without redoing the campaign over
>
>
> Don’t worry, backwards compatibility will be coming for you.

This. I still have my 360 and play Reach every once in a while. It is nice to go back to Firefight, and that is going to be one of the beauties of BC. We will have the opportunity to literally play all Halo, all the time, in all varieties whenever we want. Casuals and competitive alike will want for nothing.

> 2533274863544717;13:
> > 2533274795233660;11:
> > > 2533274884078920;8:
> > > > 2533274795233660;2:
> > > > MLGyolodoritos… hahaha
> > > >
> > > > I think 343i is doing a good job catering to all groups of players. They have the campaign for those who love Halo lore and campaign, arena mode for the competitive crowd, Warzone and other game modes for the more fun crowd, and hopefully we’ll see some awesome additions to forge for those who like to build maps.
> > > >
> > > > They’ve said they have some good stuff in store for customs, forge and Machinima so I wouldn’t be worried there and BTB will make it to Halo 5 after launch.
> > > >
> > > > Don’t worry OP, it will be ok.
> > >
> > >
> > > But what about the casual community that wants to play CLASSIC firefight? War zone looms alright but it is and should not be a replacement for CLASSIC firefight. I know they said they’re gonna maybe do a pve only war zone but I’m one of those guys who likes to play firefight alone. And I know I’m not one of the small % of people but the casual couch gamers don’t wanna play arena and all the esports jazz and warzone. We just wanna kill covies and forerunners without redoing the campaign over
> >
> >
> > Don’t worry, backwards compatibility will be coming for you.
>
>
> This. I still have my 360 and play Reach every once in a while. It is nice to go back to Firefight, and that is going to be one of the beauties of BC. We will have the opportunity to literally play all Halo, all the time, in all varieties whenever we want. Casuals and competitive alike will want for nothing.

Yeah I’m excited, I have all my discs still.

Btw, Dax pop online, play with us!

They tried it the casual way with halo 4 and look how that ended up. Warzone is there for the casual players (looks awesome) and I’m sure there will be casual playlists as well.

> 2535414702608740;1:
> First off I’m not saying halo5 shouldn’t cater to competitive MLGyolodoritos groups and I’m not saying they totally left out more casual fans.
>
> But…
>
> I can’t help but feel 343 cares too much about the 1-5% who think BRs and human only weapons. And yea as I said I know its not 100% no fun but still.
>
> Look at it. No Elites at all. Because of “balanace” but what about customs or the good Spartan vs Elite modes. What about machina or customs and FUN.
>
> No big team battle. I hear even the maps and entire mode may be DLC awhile later. Yea warzone is fun looking but why skip BTB so late.
>
> Overall I feel they are ignoring the more casual groups like machima which is almost dead. Forge workers which seems weak (No file share in MCC) or just the people who wanna wort wort worthog in a hog crushin Spartans with your split chin bros
>
> Don’t turn halo into what its not. There’s room for BR only super tight matches but don’t forget about the crazy fun that helped make halo popular
>
> >Remember it was jenga and Fatman and causal custom that made halo3 fun. Not just the BR only

I doubt BTB will be gone for long because of how important it is but I’m getting concerned on the lack of reasons they’re giving us for the decision.

There was a phrase used, mainly around the Halo:Reach to Halo 4 era. “A competitive game can be played casually, a casual game can not be played competitively”

^this is coming from a guy who isn’t that big of a competitive player himself. This whole arena and e-sports focus, as was mentioned, is to drive home that there is more of a competitve side to Halo 5 than there was in Halo 4. This by no means indicates any lack of casual fun.

> 2610345319735860;10:
> I hope for a streamlined system to promote custom content to a community matchmaking playlist, which would be dedicated to community made maps & game types. I think something like that would infuse a lot of long term variety and social play never before seen in a Halo game.

Thisthisthistihsthsithisthtishtisthistitshistsihsisgiasngalsnglasngn

> 2533274800264382;5:
> You say not to cater to the small%, but then talk about Machinima and forgers? Which is it?
>
> And they have reasons for not using Elites or having BTB at launch. And it has nothing to do with what you think.

No disrespect, but why does your profile pic look like the PS1 version of Halo 4?

> 2535414702608740;1:
> First off I’m not saying halo5 shouldn’t cater to competitive MLGyolodoritos groups and I’m not saying they totally left out more casual fans.
>
> But…
>
> I can’t help but feel 343 cares too much about the 1-5% who think BRs and human only weapons. And yea as I said I know its not 100% no fun but still.
>
> Look at it. No Elites at all. Because of “balanace” but what about customs or the good Spartan vs Elite modes. What about machina or customs and FUN.
>
> No big team battle. I hear even the maps and entire mode may be DLC awhile later. Yea warzone is fun looking but why skip BTB so late.
>
> Overall I feel they are ignoring the more casual groups like machima which is almost dead. Forge workers which seems weak (No file share in MCC) or just the people who wanna wort wort worthog in a hog crushin Spartans with your split chin bros
>
> Don’t turn halo into what its not. There’s room for BR only super tight matches but don’t forget about the crazy fun that helped make halo popular
>
> >Remember it was jenga and Fatman and causal custom that made halo3 fun. Not just the BR only

If this was about any other halo game, I would agree. But H5 is turning out to have a good mix of everything. Dont get too worked up. Also, dont pull numbers out of thin air. 5%? More than that dude.