Can Thel Vadam have a darker skin tone again?

The reason i ask this because that is not only a major way to separate him from other Sangheili but also wasn’t he burned alive after his trial. It was very clear that he wasn’t the color he is in Escalation.

Thel Post Trial

Halo Escalation Thel

Not unless he was healed should he not have a darker tone and if he was healed and I missed that i’m sorry for the useless thread.

P.S. That Escalation photo makes Thel look very evil, IMO. So is evil lookiing Thel better or worst?

I’m fairly certain that the Arbiter’s skin tone is due to his Vadam heritage not because of any alteration. I didn’t notice any differences in Thel’s skin tone before and after the trial.

Anyways after looking at the many mistakes in Escalation like three fingered Jackals, a Lasky sized Palmer and single thumbed Elites I wouldn’t take the depiction of the Arbiter in Escalation too seriously.

We’ll most likely see a dark skinned Arbiter if he ever makes an appearance in the games.

P.S The Escalation illustration makes Thel look like a god, so yeah I like it.

Thel’Vadam doesn’t look evil… perhaps more powerful and menacing… but this is due to his leadership role and the diplomatic service he does for the Sangheili.

About his skin tone… I think it is just a artistic design, and also that the colour saturation has gone dramatically since Halo 2… this

Supreme Commander Thel’Vadamee (Pre Great Schism, Human-Covenant War) [Halo 2]

Arbiter Thel’Vadam (Post Great Schism, Human-Covenant War) [Halo 3]

Kaidon Thel’Vadam (Post Human-Covenant War) [Halo: Escalation]

> P.S. That Escalation photo makes Thel look very evil, IMO. So is evil lookiing Thel better or worst?

He is a giant space lizard that looks like a Predator…he is scary by default.

> > P.S. That Escalation photo makes Thel look very evil, IMO. So is evil lookiing Thel better or worst?
>
> He is a giant space lizard that looks like a Predator…he is scary by default.

Not to mention the weapons he possesses…

> > P.S. That Escalation photo makes Thel look very evil, IMO. So is evil lookiing Thel better or worst?
>
> He is a giant space lizard that looks like a Predator…he is scary by default.

That’s fair.

You’re comparing original Xbox graphics to a comic book…

> You’re comparing original Xbox graphics to a comic book…

If by comparing you mean wondering why someone looks totally different then they have been before than yes, I am. Also what is so wrong with that? Its not like we have a digital up-to-date version of Thel besides Halo 3 which (shown by another person) Thel had the sane skin tone just like his Halo 2 version.

So are you saying we should dismiss all that is old?

> > You’re comparing original Xbox graphics to a comic book…
>
> If by comparing you mean wondering why someone looks totally different then they have been before than yes, I am. Also what is so wrong with that? Its not like we have a digital up-to-date version of Thel besides Halo 3 which (shown by another person) Thel had the sane skin tone just like his Halo 2 version.
>
> So are you saying we should dismiss all that is old?

Yes and no

Yes because there will be changes to the Arbiter’s design whether you like it or not.

No because an image in a comic book is only limited by the artist’s creativity and skill vs being limited in how detailed a character can be by hardware. Not to mention they’re also made by two different artists with different versions on how a character can look.

I hope that they keep Arbiter with darker skin to keep him in line with the Halo 2/3 version. As far as the Armor is concerned, I love. I hope the version in the next Halo is similar to the Escalation one.

somewhere there is a spray-on suntan joke in this but hey why not shift his color palette a tad, it couldn’t hurt