Can’t Believe this is it!

I liked infinite when it first came out, but I couldn’t play as much as I wanted to. I been playing a little bit recently since I heard Forge is out or coming out. Game plays pretty well. Better than some have before it. I wasn’t sure at first but now that I been playing I’m noticing things like there’s only one ranked playlist only change is you can chose no computer opponents? How is this even make sense. I can believe Halo has been stripped down like this. Once the game to beat is now that old guy still going to the club. Sorry to say. It has been nice playing a few games here and there but there are several subtleties that I can’t understand how this game ended up like this. There are some cool things some things added seem unnecessary now that the game has been out for months and there’s only one ranked playlist.

Are people these days happy with just a battle
pass rank?

Don’t justify any of it to me I understand all of it and none of it is worth it to me to have this game tarnished so some people can make (not so quick) cash from it.

You can’t honestly play this game and say that they tried to get HALO players, to play this game. They tired to make it seem like halo they really did. But when you peel back the bull you can see that this is just another first person shooter, literally nothing special. Cod has stayed consistently fun for years with everyone that comes out.
WhY not just play that?

Idk

If 343 needs some help on ideas of how to make the game play of this game better hit me up. I’m a busy person but I will make time to consult with you guys.

Last point I want to make is that you can’t give a game out for free, whilst complaining that the Halo fan base isn’t big enough to keep the game original. Every excuse about the games says that’s they need new players to either keep the game profitable so the company will still make them. Also, so that you can find matches. Both legit reasons. But neither of those reasons keeps HALO players here to play so it’s counter intuitive.

I guarantee if you stop trying to get people to play, just focus on making the game Halo and there will be no problem.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for others but as a Halo fan who fully got introduced with H3, H:R and played through all of the mainline titles I can say that Infinite in it’s state currently can’t keep a stable player base, it’s going through a bit of a content drought save for forge but that’s more of a community asset which will increase numbers but probably not enough to keep mainline matchmaking stable with it’s own set of issues.

The older Halo’s focused more on actual progression (Save H2 and CE) with ranks, experience, unlockable cosmetics from said experience, etc. etc. which Halo fans loved mostly especially the recon and inheritor days while infinite doesn’t have that unique progression to it with it’s grindy battlepass and even more grindy FOMO events that overall don’t feel as rewarding imo, not to mention the horrid abomination that is the store that was put there because they decided to make the multiplayer free to play to reach a wider audience and mostly failed in that regard since they’ve also lost a decent bit of their core and frustrated a majority from what I’ve seen.

For a game that’s supposed to have a 10 year plan it looks more like a 10 year plan on life support if something doesn’t change or turn around, especially since from what I’ve heard it’s development was a nightmare with replacing contractors frequently most likely leading to the current problems we see now with awful desync, the game trying to download a png 2,000 times per game, lack of content and a underdeveloped launch, etc. etc. I do hope it can bounce back especially with forge but we’ll have to ultimately wait and see, a Halo infinite favorite

1 Like

Are people these days happy with just a battle
pass rank?

Absolutely not. A global Spartan rank is sorely needed.

WhY not just play that?
Because we love Halo and want it to be better than it currently is.

I guarantee if you stop trying to get people to play, just focus on making the game Halo and there will be no problem.

At the end of the day it’s a business - they need people to play (and spend) in order to justify to the suits to keep spending development $ on it.

We need to get through until the first Campaign expansion, Forge, and that big game mode from the other studio get put into the mix.
If the game isn’t doing well by then, we can call it what it is. But let’s see.

1 Like

Yea I agree fully with that and I can admit I can be a bit a snob there is no game better to me than H2 and probably never will be they don’t have to try and do that but ultimately I feel as though I’d like to seem they get back to the route of the game laid out by Bungie.net. I could almost guarantee that if they went backwards to fundamentals of Halo more people will be playing it that use to play and continue playing meaning not drop off when they get board.

It’s one of those things that was revolutionary for its time. Has a base following that would gladly pay to play a game that once was. It’s nice to say I’m playing Halo I admit but it’s hard to watch something basically Legendary get butchered to make a (not so quick) buck. While giving it for free so it literally is counter intuitive.

But I gave it plenty a chance Check my stats I played the shiza outta H5, didn’t play much before that between that and H3 except for here and there some. Still I know what can make Halo, HALO again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yea except giving a game out for free makes no sense. They’re a business who gave a free game out to people who don’t care to have a battle pass and all that extra stuff. Speaking for myself specifically I guess, but all the extras that basically look the same but different don’t matter much enough for me to actually play the game.

I own a business lol not a multi million dollar
One but I understand customer service. Customer service will alway get you ahead. Now I know some
Of that stuff they do to draw people, that’s not customer service. That’s a ploy, just like the game for free as a battle pass. Now they made zero money on the game itself and doesn’t even look like they are even selling skins and stuff I can tell I don’t play very much.

Is Forge playable yet? Seriously, if it is I can’t find it.

Basically people need to want to play the game for what it is not for how similar it is to every other game there is of its genre. The mega fans held it down before we could do it again.

I understand especially since H2 was a revolutionary game especially for it’s time, and I would like to see them go back to the Bungie route especially since Bungie poured passion into their games unlike 343’s which does have some passionate workers but it’s nowhere even close ro Bungie’s especially watching the old Docs they put out over their work, which the 360 era seemed like a very passionate era for bigger games that would later get butchered into money pits that cow tow to the “competitive” scene and it is hard seeing legendary titles go downhill for a what they thought was a quick buck.

I feel you on giving it a chance, I’ve got some time in H5 too which was actually enjoyable multiplayer wise looking back at it compared to Infinite especially the custom games in H5 while infinite feels like it’s trying to be more geared towards comp and money than passion and a causal social

1 Like

Yea I mean H5 warzone was awesome if you played it enough and actually had weapons to use it was a blast. Just different than the H2 nail biting games. FFA or Rumble pit can always get hectic obviously but aside from that. Halos competitive ranking system is just barely more intense than social play which is actually the opposite effect than they trying to do I feel. You said passion and casual social. I misread it the first time but your exactly right. When the stakes were so high in the ranking matchmaking, the social was a lil but more laid back I feel. I imagine there weren’t many situations in social where people were challenging each other to 1 on 1.

1 Like

H5 warzone I used to play off and on but enjoyed when I did, mostly did warzone firefight since it was more around my personal preference of pve and a lot of infection since some gametypes had interesting mechanics and was a blast to play. And there is a difference between the nail biting on edge games of H2 and sometimes a 4v4 in the later titles that can turn into a close scoring 4v2. I feel the same with comp; competitive should feel way more intense than social but now it feels like the two blur together especially since comp is very limited in it’s playerbase from what I’ve read for infinite and even MCC which causes a bleed through into social making that comp .5

Social is supposed to be laid back casual, a little on edge if the game is close which competitive is supposed to be on the edge nail biting and planning, now the two blur together in my opinion with the way 343 has handled the multiplayer

1 Like

I agree 100% couldn’t say it better myself.

1 Like

Nothing in Infinite is grindy I’ll agree the store is pretty bad but the battle pass progression is easy to complete and challenges are a breeze

2 Likes

Infinite is pretty grindy, challenges that can be a total pain to complete especially with no match composer, that and the only way to progress is to complete challenges, which drove me away so I can’t really say much if they’ve changed the progression system any recently or not, but I’m speaking from personal preference since A. the content in the battlepass is alright or below average in my opinion if you’re going the non-paid for route but I will say being able to go back to older passes is nice, it’s also a pain if you’re a busy person in life and trying to relax by playing Infinite turns into a chore itself with the challenges

1 Like

You are right, there isn’t anything special, that’s because 343 thought they could strip the game to barebone and sell pieces here and there and get away with it.

The problem is knowing they can’t even get the basics of a Halo game going, and that alone says a hell of a lot. It safe to say it’s a year later and this game is in huge trouble because of their very poor actions.

1 Like