Can Still Destroy Warthog!

Hey everyone, in the TU they made it so that you would not be able to do team damage. But recently I learned there is still a way. I was driving the Warthog and I had a passenger who held a rocket launcher. He fired it into the ground twice and it destroyed us all. I found out that the same can be done with Grenades. I’m not posting this to inform trollers. But am trying to bring it to 343’s attention. You guys should fix this, because I know people will abuse this too.

I think that 343 need to bring back friendly fire in every playlist. In past games it was on so why is it now suddenly a problem. If your teammate blows up your car when your in it you could actually boot them that way.

There is nothing wrong with what you explained OP. It is working as intended.

The reason why he was able to destroy the warthog was because he was in it thus making it a suicide for him.

> I think that 343 need to bring back friendly fire in every playlist. In past games it was on so why is it now suddenly a problem. If your teammate blows up your car when your in it you could actually boot them that way.

Well in theory, but how it would actually work is like this:
That guy would fire the 2 rockets and kill his 2 teammates in the Warthog. The boot option doesn’t display, one of the 2 teammates gets mad and betrays him, the boot option displays, and the idiot gets to boot the other guy, not the other way round.

> Well in theory, but how it would actually work is like this:
> That guy would fire the 2 rockets and kill his 2 teammates in the Warthog. The boot option doesn’t display, one of the 2 teammates gets mad and betrays him, the boot option displays, and the idiot gets to boot the other guy, not the other way round.

We have all been there. I dont think anyone knows how the boot system really works since its so inconsistent. While playing Reach I decided to keep betraying my teamates. No mics and were awful. They couldnt even aim and move at the same time. So I started betraying them. I betrayed them probably 10 times without a boot, but when they did it to me it would pop up the first time. I booted my whole team.

This makes me looks bad but meh, its not as bad as when I shoot a rocket into the ground while riding a friendly warthog.

So theoretically one can assume that if the troller were to use the Sticky Detonator on the Warthog, and then get out… He could destroy it without the suicide…

> So theoretically one can assume that if the troller were to use the Sticky Detonator on the Warthog, and then get out… He could destroy it without the suicide…

Well the troller would have to do that several times as 1 sticky detonator won’t destroy a healthy warthog.

> > Well in theory, but how it would actually work is like this:
> > That guy would fire the 2 rockets and kill his 2 teammates in the Warthog. The boot option doesn’t display, one of the 2 teammates gets mad and betrays him, the boot option displays, and the idiot gets to boot the other guy, not the other way round.
>
> We have all been there. I dont think anyone knows how the boot system really works since its so inconsistent. While playing Reach I decided to keep betraying my teamates. No mics and were awful. They couldnt even aim and move at the same time. So I started betraying them. I betrayed them probably 10 times without a boot, but when they did it to me it would pop up the first time. I booted my whole team.
>
> This makes me looks bad but meh, its not as bad as when I shoot a rocket into the ground while riding a friendly warthog.

Well I don’t blame you, in a situation like that. I’m usually a tolerant person, but when it comes to Halo team mates? Forget about it, it’s like 90% of Halos population is terrible at playing it, so I have no patience left, if I have a horrible team, I just stop caring about winning and try and do as best I can individually.

FF made Halo 3/2,reach fun, and people wouldn’t betray like they did randomly in Halo 4 and destroy your vehicles.

Yeah, I wish they allowed FF again too. It makes more sense anyway. We’re Spartan’s being trained for war, but we don’t have to worry about team killing while training? What about in real battle, they would be killing teammates because they weren’t trained to fight right.
Canon aside, it also makes the game play properly. We’ve been used to it since CE, and it was never a horrible problem, someone betrays, you boot. Easy as that. Sure, someone constantly plasma pistoling you becomes annoying, but surely they could solve that problem. Maybe no friendly PP damage?