Can Spartan Charge please be removed from Swat?

I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.

In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.

Thoughts?

Edit: This isn’t a post about the fact that Spartan Charges are an invincible ability that cannot be stopped in Swat, it is a statement that they are cheap and do not work with the gameplay that Swat offers. It is also my opinion, so rather than saying “you’re wrong learn to play”, give a reason why Spartan Charge shouldn’t be taken out of Swat.

> 2533274830929412;1:
> I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
>
> In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
>
> Thoughts?

Have you tried shooting them in the head?

Want to remove melee next?

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274830929412;1:
> > I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
> >
> > In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> Have you tried shooting them in the head?

When I get the opportunity, yes. Not always much of a chance when within 0.1 second of them coming round the corner they have charged into me. Or if my back is turned and I have no way of knowing they are there (thanks small radar) without communication. So yes, I will shoot them in the head given the chance, but I think if you took any time to think about what I’m suggesting, you’d realise the sort of situation I’m thinking of.

> 2533274800197043;3:
> Want to remove melee next?

No, we both know what the difference is between the two mechanics, so at least give a counter argument or leave.

In a mode where everyone is one shot away from death I can’t sympathize with you, there is an obvious counter to the spartan charge, accuracy.

sorry OP, do it for the coms

I agree with you OP, it has no real place. I cant count the times I’ve tried to play SWAT and all certain people do is run around trying to SP people. If you struggle with headshots you probably shouldn’t play SWAT to begin with, which is why I think they do that because they want a placement.

> 2533274830929412;4:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274830929412;1:
> > > I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
> > >
> > > In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > Have you tried shooting them in the head?
>
>
> When I get the opportunity, yes. Not always much of a chance when within 0.1 second of them coming round the corner they have charged into me. Or if my back is turned and I have no way of knowing they are there (thanks small radar) without communication. So yes, I will shoot them in the head given the chance, but I think if you took any time to think about what I’m suggesting, you’d realise the sort of situation I’m thinking of.

The situation that you got beat by someone who was using an easily countered tactic? I will say the radar need to be buffed in the game modes it is in. Spartan charge is pretty all or nothing. Yes it will get you a kill on someone unprepared in SWAT, but you leave yourself wide open and there is no dodging once you’ve initiated it. Essentially you’re making the same argument that people used to make about the guys who just went for melee kills. Spartan Charge is a tool that can be used, that’s it. There is no difference between a charge and a Melee or an Assassination.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274830929412;1:
> > I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
> >
> > In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> Have you tried shooting them in the head?

Aim for the face part of the head!

Try listening for the audio cue of a charging Spartan and spin around so you’re ready for them. If they end up too close melee you’ll at least trade. Charging in swat is high risk low reward so it’ll end up staying overall

> 2533274830929412;4:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274830929412;1:
> > > I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
> > >
> > > In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > Have you tried shooting them in the head?
>
>
> When I get the opportunity, yes. Not always much of a chance when within 0.1 second of them coming round the corner they have charged into me. Or if my back is turned and I have no way of knowing they are there (thanks small radar) without communication. So yes, I will shoot them in the head given the chance, but I think if you took any time to think about what I’m suggesting, you’d realise the sort of situation I’m thinking of.

Swat has radar? Weird I want to play that game mode

also so it’s not so much panic using SC it’s more or less stop and shoot or charge and find a new target. As many times as I’ve countered SC in all game modes I don’t see an issue with it.

> 2533274881086487;12:
> > 2533274830929412;4:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > 2533274830929412;1:
> > > > I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
> > > >
> > > > In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
> > > >
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > Have you tried shooting them in the head?
> >
> >
> > When I get the opportunity, yes. Not always much of a chance when within 0.1 second of them coming round the corner they have charged into me. Or if my back is turned and I have no way of knowing they are there (thanks small radar) without communication. So yes, I will shoot them in the head given the chance, but I think if you took any time to think about what I’m suggesting, you’d realise the sort of situation I’m thinking of.
>
>
> Swat has radar? Weird I want to play that game mode
>
> also so it’s not so much panic using SC it’s more or less stop and shoot or charge and find a new target. As many times as I’ve countered SC in all game modes I don’t see an issue with it.

Didn’t even remember when writing that that Swat has no radar, probably just makes it even worse to be honest, I’d agree in saying that it isn’t an issue in other gamemodes as there is more of a counter there, but in Swat, naa.

> 2533274880633045;9:
> > 2533274830929412;4:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > 2533274830929412;1:
> > > > I’ve noticed when playing Swat that a lot of players can pick up kills by just sprinting round a corner, seeing a player in their face and getting a kill by panicking and hitting the melee button. This is a bit of an issue in regular gametypes as it can still result in easy kills but it has a much worse impact in Swat as it is a guaranteed one hit melee kill.
> > > >
> > > > In my opinion, Swat is about being tactical and accurate and placing yourself correctly on the map so you aren’t at an angle to get one shotted from a distance, however when a player can get kills by simply running around a corner and slamming themselves into people, it takes away the point a bit in my eyes. So personally I would like to see the Spartan Charge be removed from Swat as it takes away the aim of the game.
> > > >
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > Have you tried shooting them in the head?
> >
> >
> > When I get the opportunity, yes. Not always much of a chance when within 0.1 second of them coming round the corner they have charged into me. Or if my back is turned and I have no way of knowing they are there (thanks small radar) without communication. So yes, I will shoot them in the head given the chance, but I think if you took any time to think about what I’m suggesting, you’d realise the sort of situation I’m thinking of.
>
>
> The situation that you got beat by someone who was using an easily countered tactic? I will say the radar need to be buffed in the game modes it is in. Spartan charge is pretty all or nothing. Yes it will get you a kill on someone unprepared in SWAT, but you leave yourself wide open and there is no dodging once you’ve initiated it. Essentially you’re making the same argument that people used to make about the guys who just went for melee kills. Spartan Charge is a tool that can be used, that’s it. There is no difference between a charge and a Melee or an Assassination.

Yeah very easily countered when you have no time to react when they sprint round the corner or come behind you? Yeah if you miss the Spartan Charge you haven’t got the kill, but it still gives the big boost past the player and by the time they’ve turned to face you and you’ve boosted past it’s very disorientating trying to get that headshot. Not to mention the fact that a lot of Arena maps are tight spaces upon entering you will find a player within a few steps, not giving them much time to react as you come round the corner.

I can just as easily run around the same corner and shoot you in the face. Remove bullets.

Swat should be long range camping only. Guns should be able to fire in CQC.

> 2533274873873545;8:
> I agree with you OP, it has no real place. I cant count the times I’ve tried to play SWAT and all certain people do is run around trying to SP people. If you struggle with headshots you probably shouldn’t play SWAT to begin with, which is why I think they do that because they want a placement.

Exactly, I go on Swat because I enjoy going for them snappy and accurate shots with somewhat fast paced gameplay. A Spartan Charge is just a reward for playing carelessly.

> 2535408316691716;6:
> In a mode where everyone is one shot away from death I can’t sympathize with you, there is an obvious counter to the spartan charge, accuracy.

I’m not talking about someone running across the map, me missing 5 times and them Spartan Charging me. I’m talking about someone running around a corner giving you no time to react but giving them a free kill because they used a pathetic mechanic.

> 2533274830929412;17:
> > 2535408316691716;6:
> > In a mode where everyone is one shot away from death I can’t sympathize with you, there is an obvious counter to the spartan charge, accuracy.
>
>
> I’m not talking about someone running across the map, me missing 5 times and them Spartan Charging me. I’m talking about someone running around a corner giving you no time to react but giving them a free kill because they used a pathetic mechanic.

And I can pop around a corner and pop you in the head with the pistol or give a you a quick love tap.

> 2533274880633045;18:
> > 2533274830929412;17:
> > > 2535408316691716;6:
> > > In a mode where everyone is one shot away from death I can’t sympathize with you, there is an obvious counter to the spartan charge, accuracy.
> >
> >
> > I’m not talking about someone running across the map, me missing 5 times and them Spartan Charging me. I’m talking about someone running around a corner giving you no time to react but giving them a free kill because they used a pathetic mechanic.
>
>
> And I can pop around a corner and pop you in the head with the pistol or give a you a quick love tap.

How about assuming your back is turned or you didn’t know I was going to come round that corner?

OP, there’s a simple solution to your problem. Don’t stand in a place where you’re vulnerable to a spartan charge from the side or behind. Stand in a corner, or against a wall. If you leave yourself exposed then it’s really your own fault. Like you said in your first post, it’s about placing yourself correctly on the map, which you’re obviously not doing.