Can someone please tell me why bloom is skillful?

Waiting doesnt take skill.

Can some1 enlighten me?

it doesnt in my opinion

It was supposed to fix the “BR Spam” from Halo 3, where you basically pull down the trigger a bunch and you’re still perfectly accurate. But it created way more problems than it solved in practice.

Bloom is not skillful. Two “skilled” players will pace each other at the same pace they did before, just like the BR was. But now…We have spamming noobs who can WIN depending on random chance.

My opinion: It does take some skill but it shouldnt be on the starting utility weapon in Halo its slows the game down to much and there are more close-mid range battles in Halo then long range, making it so people will spam as it is the most effective method sometimes.

It was originally supposed to be skillful but was implemented wrong and now spammers usually win in mid-close fights. They can fix this by making bloom happen faster and reset faster in the next Halo game so pacers win as often as they should.

> It was supposed to fix the “BR Spam” from Halo 3, where you basically pull down the trigger a bunch and you’re still perfectly accurate. But it created way more problems than it solved in practice.
>
> Bloom is not skillful. Two “skilled” players will pace each other at the same pace they did before, just like the BR was. But now…We have spamming noobs who can WIN depending on random chance.

Very true. Personally, I think the DMR shot interval should be reduced and the bloom removed. There, you couldn’t spam the shots and still call it skillful, (in my OPINION).

OP. Bloom IS skillfull if used as intended. Problem is, if you spam you can still get kills so in the end it just gets in the way. I think your making this thread to underline that problem but I could be wrong. I’m sick of it too but what really gets me is that 5 shot kill thing instead of 4 shot because you just have no chance with it on maps like countdown or swordbase. CQC weapons are just unstoppable on those maps unless you use the noob combo.

The BR with its 4 shot and precision made Halo 2 and 3 popular, I don’t know why people can’t see that.

It’s not waiting, it’s about timing. He who has better timing typically wins. That being said there is an element of randomness there that ruins they entire system.

Every non-powerweapon not being as effective or as reliable as the BR was the reason Halo2 and 3 were not balanced.
As for popularity, one might say the glitches, bugs and lack if true-gaming skill required may have help in its popularity… something MW2 and BO have. Something Rainbow6, Ghost Recon and Battlefield have always lacked… gamebreaking bugs, imbalances and un-assisted gameplay. Maybe that’s why they’re never #1, too much gaming skill required.

I don’t hate on Halo, I love Halo because of what it is. And to me, it’s a lot more than just Godzilla.

It doesn’t. That’s why.

Perhaps in the shot-pacing sense, but other than that. I’m not entirely sure.

If they made it so you can’t shoot until bloom reset with all precision weapons, It’d be fine.

Bloom could have been skillful IF THEY HADN’T REDUCED IT FROM THE BETA. Bloom actually punished spamming in the Beta, but no, some people didn’t like that. Now its counter-productive.

So after reading all of the posts, it looks like, 343 if they are reading, should remove the bloom and keep the halo feel of being a super soldier with no bloom. That is what made halo great. The feeling of when I point my gun at a spot. I can hit it with no problems, not hope that i hit and have it shoot in a random spot.

u heard em 343 remove it.

bloom was HORRIBLY implemented in halo reach.

bloom factually adds skill. its not debatable because its 100% true. it might not be a lot, but its there.

if bloom was re-implemented and tweaked to make it so SPAMMING NEVER WINS, NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE TIME OUT OF 100, it would be amazing. spamming should also not win at close range (to avoid the coin flip reach DMR close range battles).

right now bloom adds more of a random luck factor than skill gap and depth.

its not about ‘waiting’, its about CONTROL, and CADENCE. compare that to the BR where you just press the same button at the same pace every time you can fire another shot.

If the Bloom was gone Reach would have been a VERY good game, i would be playing it now, but because of it, i dont even consider it a Halo game.
There is no skill to it at all, its just BS

DMR < BR. Skill. If you spammed your trigger with the BR it simply didn’t shoot. Plain and simple. You had to learn how to time your shots for a faster trigger finger.

> u heard em 343 remove it.

Heard who? A collection of people even smaller than the community on the B.net forums?

Online communities represent a small portion of the overall community and the detractors in said community only form a portion of said portion. Making changes based soley on a minority opinion is a bad idea.

Bloom is badly done on the DMR. It’s different on the Magnum and the NR. Magnum spammers at any range besides close range are wasting their ammo and I’ve never been successful with spamming the NR.

> DMR < BR. Skill. If you spammed your trigger with the BR it simply didn’t shoot. Plain and simple. You had to learn how to time your shots for a faster trigger finger.

using the DMR as an example of why bloom isnt skillful makes no sense because it is an ABOMINATION as far as proper implementation of bloom goes.

if implemented properly bloom would add a bit of skill gap to shooting. it would also add a bit of depth of play to the game as well.

currently, however, it adds primarily a RANDOM LUCK factor.

you have to be able to see the moon thru the clouds on this one. its apparent some of you are too swayed by the ATROCIOUS implementation of bloom in halo reach.