Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck happened?

In the new trailer for Infinite, it showed master chief in space, but Halo 5 had him in a prison thing which he got out of, with the aid of loser Locke, so what the heck happened? Has Halo 5 been removed from canon hood, or did something happen between the times of Infinite and 5? Someone please help me.

> 2535433186431929;1:
> In the new trailer for Infinite, it showed master chief in space, but Halo 5 had him in a prison thing which he got out of, with the aid of loser Locke, so what the heck happened? Has Halo 5 been removed from canon hood, or did something happen between the times of Infinite and 5? Someone please help me.

We don’t know. This will likely be explained in due time.

A lot can happen in 3 years, also there was a post credit scene, not that it changes the situation.
And there is no certainty that Infinite trailer was from the beginning of a new game, could be after prologue, middle of the game or not there at all.

We will just have to wait and see. Possibly the time jump is an attempt to sweep as much memory as possible of H5g disaster of a game under the rug. Though it’s just speculation.

> 2533274890014309;3:
> A lot can happen in 3 years, also there was a post credit scene, not that it changes the situation.
> And there is no certainty that Infinite trailer was from the beginning of a new game, could be after prologue, middle of the game or not there at all.
>
> We will just have to wait and see. Possibly the time jump is an attempt to sweep as much memory as possible of H5g disaster of a game under the rug. Though it’s just speculation.

That latter half of the post is almost certainly correct. The “soft reboot” is to throw away of Halo 5 what they can.

> 2533274890014309;3:
> A lot can happen in 3 years, also there was a post credit scene, not that it changes the situation.
> And there is no certainty that Infinite trailer was from the beginning of a new game, could be after prologue, middle of the game or not there at all.
>
> We will just have to wait and see. Possibly the time jump is an attempt to sweep as much memory as possible of H5g disaster of a game under the rug. Though it’s just speculation.

So, according to Chris Lee via the Inside Xbox live stream, the scene we see in the trailer actually IS the opening of the game.

> 2535433186431929;1:
> In the new trailer for Infinite, it showed master chief in space, but Halo 5 had him in a prison thing which he got out of, with the aid of loser Locke, so what the heck happened? Has Halo 5 been removed from canon hood, or did something happen between the times of Infinite and 5? Someone please help me.

Read Halo: Bad Blood, or at least a summary. I don’t think the UNSC has charged Master Chief, since they have a bigger problem at hand and it seems he’s willing to fight.

He isn’t stranded directly after Halo 5. Here’s a visual representation, from first to last:

Halo 5 (2558)
Halo 2018 E3 trailer (2560)
Chief is stranded (2560-2561)
Halo 2019 E3 trailer (2561)

Why is Master Chief floating in space? I’m not sure. Infinite’s 2019 trailer takes place in 2561, while Infinite’s 2018 trailer takes place in 2560. My idea is that the game starts in 2561, then through flashbacks starting in 2560, you get to see what happened until Master Chief got stranded in space, then finish the game after the flashbacks.

> 2535445484190748;5:
> > 2533274890014309;3:
> > A lot can happen in 3 years, also there was a post credit scene, not that it changes the situation.
> > And there is no certainty that Infinite trailer was from the beginning of a new game, could be after prologue, middle of the game or not there at all.
> >
> > We will just have to wait and see. Possibly the time jump is an attempt to sweep as much memory as possible of H5g disaster of a game under the rug. Though it’s just speculation.
>
> So, according to Chris Lee via the Inside Xbox live stream, the scene we see in the trailer actually IS the opening of the game.

So now we are getting somewhere, I just add a link here. The time when he mentions it is around 0:00:47.

There is at least a three year time gap between the ending of Halo 5 and the trailer, as we can see the date Chief’s new armour was last modified was 19/09/2561, and Halo 5 ended in 2558. I imagine that the gap will be lightly referenced, but it’ll just mean they’ve been in this conflict with Cortana for a while, which would make sense. If your AI that run everything are no longer under your control, it’d take a while for the UNSC to come back.

Despite understanding the want to, I hope Halo 5, or it’s characters, aren’t swept under the rug. Infinite’s story could be it’s own, as well as repair Halo 5’s. But we’ll have to wait and see on that.

It’s a bit weird. Halo 5’s credits implied Halo Infinite would open up on Sanghelios. “See you on Sanghelios.”