Can someone explain to me Bleed-Through?

Can someone please explain to me what it is and how it works? Thanks.

Bleedthrough is a type of health system mechanic.
In halo 3, when you bring someone’s shields down a little and melee them, the melee would not only take out the shields, but also some if not all of the health. in other words, your hit would “bleed through” the shields, like how markers “bleed through” paper

In reach, there was no bleed through unless you had a sword or hammer. if the enemy had even a nano meter of shields, hitting them wouldnt bleed through; it would only take out the shields and do nothing to the health unless the shield was already out.

hope this helps

> Can someone please explain to me what it is and how it works? Thanks.

To make it simple;
In Halo 1-3 you could take someone down to LOW shields, then melee them and kill them.
In Reach you had to take someone down to NO shields to be able to melee and kill them.
In Reach, no matter how much shields the player has, if they are melee’d, all it does is take down their shields. Reach didn’t have bleed-through.

> > Can someone please explain to me what it is and how it works? Thanks.
>
> To make it simple;
> In Halo 1-3 you could take someone down to LOW shields, then melee them and kill them.
> In Reach you had to take someone down to NO shields to be able to melee and kill them.
> In Reach, no matter how much shields the player has, if they are melee’d, all it does is take down their shields. Reach didn’t have bleed-through.

So doesn’t that just encourage timing?

> > > Can someone please explain to me what it is and how it works? Thanks.
> >
> > To make it simple;
> > In Halo 1-3 you could take someone down to LOW shields, then melee them and kill them.
> > In Reach you had to take someone down to NO shields to be able to melee and kill them.
> > In Reach, no matter how much shields the player has, if they are melee’d, all it does is take down their shields. Reach didn’t have bleed-through.
>
> So doesn’t that just encourage timing?

Yes, but some people got so into the habit of automatically hitting the melee button when in close range that they couldn’t stop to think about when the right moment to strike and pushed for a TU in Reach to add in bleedthrough. The problem was that Reach wasn’t built with bleedthrough in mind and it ended up causing problems and annoying many people who did manage to adapt to the new melee system and go back to just punching someone when in close range.

Another reason that they claim for it to be added in was to nerf double beatdowns with Sprint, but there were multiple fixes you could have done in the default settings to stop that and it didn’t actually stop double beatdowns.

> > Can someone please explain to me what it is and how it works? Thanks.
>
> To make it simple;
> In Halo 1-3 you could take someone down to LOW shields, then melee them and kill them.
> In Reach you had to take someone down to NO shields to be able to melee and kill them.
> In Reach, no matter how much shields the player has, if they are melee’d, all it does is take down their shields. Reach didn’t have bleed-through.

If I shot you 3 times and beat you down - you should die …

Not like in Reach were I shot
3 times and we then have a beatdown battle of even health

I hate bleed-through.

I love bleedthrough. It means you can’t sprint double pummel.

In short, Bleedthrough means if you make someone have low shields, a punch can kill them. But, without it, if you bring someone to low shields, your punch will only destroy the shield, and not kill.

I nade you, lowering your shields. We enter melee range, i have full shields while you have less than 50-25 percent shields. We smack each other but you die while i live even though you had some shields left.

The damage from my melee not only destroyed your shields but the remaining damage carried to your health, leading to your timely (and much appreciated) death.

That is an example (though not exclusive to melee damage) of the Bleedthrough Mechanic. Reach used a different system where it was irrelevant of how low or high your shields were because as long as you had 1 percent left, you could block a melee as if your shield were at 100 percent.

Bleedthrough was in the game before the TU Reach gametypes but that was only for the Sniper Rifle and grenades/explosive Power Weapons. When the TU was implemented, Bleedthrough for normal weapons and melee was put into Reach but it was sadly removed due to health pack glitch and complaining.

> Can someone please explain to me what it is and how it works? Thanks.

basically without bleedthrough

you can shoot someone 2 -3 times with a dmr and pummel them and they will still be on one shot

but the 2-3 shots dont count for anything as we all know 1 pummel brings you to one shot

with bleedthrough, those first few shots count

Reach had more skillbased melee combat, ‘’ Oh noes, you caught me unaware and managed to land a shot or two on me, let’s see if you have a pair to take on these fists of steel. ‘’
‘’ Hah, got’cha!

Preparation or lack there of when going into melee, could change the turnout of the fight and promoted a more careful approach to melee engagements.
Where as in Halo 3 it was just mindless pewpew + punch with a static turnout.

Yoink! Bleedthrough.

I hate double pummel with sprint. I would like to understand through game play to know how it works more so through experience.

It appears bleed-through has the effect of preventing players from counting past 3. That’s odd.

As for the double-pummel:
If you don’t precision shoot the head after a mutual clash, or if you don’t jump backwards after a clash with an automatic weapon, then the attempting double-pummler has a chance to kill you.

Quick question. Is bleed-through in Halo 4?