Can someone explain the ranking system?

I’m not following information for the ranking system, so I have no clue what’s going on. Can someone tell and explain it to me?

Someone said that the ranking system is focused on levels. That’s pretty lame. Now I won’t be able to say “I’m a (insert cool rank here) in Halo.” I’ll have to say “I’m level 43!” Rather have a rank than a level. Like, this is the military!

I always thought it’d be cool though, if there was a system structured around both skill and experience. Level shows off how much experience you have of playing Halo, and rank shows off your skill, taking in many and various factors such as K/D ratio, victories, assists and distractions, and kills, etc.

levels 1-50, followed by branches of 8. In each branch you have 10 extra levels. A total of 130 levels.

THAT is likely the ‘invisible’ rank. The game is showed to also have a progression system similar to reach with military ranks as the possible visible rank

We don’t exactly know.

From whats been said before, there are two systems. One is skill-based and one is progression.

Specializations and the progressions system likely use these levels. There are 50 progression levels. When you hit max level, you can enlist into specializations, where you have 10 new levels to go through. There are 8 specializations, making a total of 130 max levels for this progression system.

We don’t know about the skill-based rank, other than that they were testing a sort of compromised hidden ranking system. Where you can see your skill based rank, but it is hidden in matches, which is supposed to help make boosting more meaningless.

Its currently unknown what the skill-based system will actually be.

> We don’t exactly know.
>
> From whats been said before, there are two systems. One is skill-based and one is progression.
>
>
> Specializations and the progressions system likely use these levels. There are 50 progression levels. When you hit max level, you can enlist into specializations, where you have 10 new levels to go through. There are 8 specializations, making a total of 130 max levels for this progression system.
>
>
>
> We don’t know about the skill-based rank, other than that they were testing a sort of compromised hidden ranking system. Where you can see your skill based rank, but it is hidden in matches, which is supposed to help make boosting more meaningless.
>
> Its currently unknown what the skill-based system will actually be.

if this is all true i really really really really really really really really really like this