Can someone explain the "problem" with aiming?

I have seen a lot of posts talking about the aiming and their dislike for it.

What is the problem with the aiming?

There isn’t one. The people complaining are the ones who depended heavily on the massive aim assist crutch that has been in the past couple Halo games.

To the whiners who come to combat me,
Aim assist includes, overly large hitboxes, bloom, bullet magnetism, cross hair pull, etc. All of these ASSIST the player in aiming.

Isn’t there bullet magnetism in this game? Ew.

Diagonals/Axis aiming is not in sync. This causes sudden acceleration when aiming and it can you throw off completely and keep you in a loop as you keep trying to adjust.
I am definitely suffering from it, it feels entirely different from my beta/gamescom experience and not for the better. I also have new 3.5mm jack controllers and apparently it’s possible that the issue only persists in these new controllers.

> 2533274807089448;4:
> Diagonals/Axis aiming is not in sync. This causes sudden acceleration when aiming and it can you throw off completely and keep you in a loop as you keep trying to adjust.
> I am definitely suffering from it, it feels entirely different from my beta/gamescom experience and not for the better. I also have new 3.5mm jack controllers and apparently it’s possible that the issue only persists in these new controllers.

There’s nothing wrong with the aiming. All in your head as you desperately look for excuses as to why you’re getting owned in game.

> 2656587637345384;2:
> There isn’t one. The people complaining are the ones who depended heavily on the massive aim assist crutch that has been in the past couple Halo games.
>
> To the whiners who come to combat me,
> Aim assist includes, overly large hitboxes, bloom, bullet magnetism, cross hair pull, etc. All of these ASSIST the player in aiming.

I do not recall seeing any post about aim assist being the problem? The acceleration is the problem which is not related to aim assist. People like this who are misinformed spreading the posion.

> 2535449625725537;6:
> > 2656587637345384;2:
> > There isn’t one. The people complaining are the ones who depended heavily on the massive aim assist crutch that has been in the past couple Halo games.
> >
> > To the whiners who come to combat me,
> > Aim assist includes, overly large hitboxes, bloom, bullet magnetism, cross hair pull, etc. All of these ASSIST the player in aiming.
>
>
> I do not recall seeing any post about aim assist being the problem? The acceleration is the problem which is not related to aim assist. People like this who are misinformed spreading the posion.

The only poison being spread is misinformation about a problem with aiming.

In fact the guy who started this mumbo jumbo made an edit on reddit apologizing, saying it was actually his bad controller and the settings.

You guys are ridiculous. Now you have a new hit term to throw around as if you know what you’re talking about. That’s the real poison.

No matter what people say is “wrong” with aiming, we all use the same mechanics; if you lose a gunfight, you just got outplayed. EDIT: Looks like I was wrong, seems that 343 acknowledged that certain controllers don’t register diagonal movement properly. http://wccftech.com/343i-address-halo-5-diagonal-aiming-issue-future-update/

> 2656587637345384;5:
> > 2533274807089448;4:
> > Diagonals/Axis aiming is not in sync. This causes sudden acceleration when aiming and it can you throw off completely and keep you in a loop as you keep trying to adjust.
> > I am definitely suffering from it, it feels entirely different from my beta/gamescom experience and not for the better. I also have new 3.5mm jack controllers and apparently it’s possible that the issue only persists in these new controllers.
>
>
> There’s nothing wrong with the aiming. All in your head as you desperately look for excuses as to why you’re getting owned in game.

you do realize there is video proof and 343 did make a statement about this right?

> 2533274946664346;9:
> > 2656587637345384;5:
> > > 2533274807089448;4:
> > > Diagonals/Axis aiming is not in sync. This causes sudden acceleration when aiming and it can you throw off completely and keep you in a loop as you keep trying to adjust.
> > > I am definitely suffering from it, it feels entirely different from my beta/gamescom experience and not for the better. I also have new 3.5mm jack controllers and apparently it’s possible that the issue only persists in these new controllers.
> >
> >
> > There’s nothing wrong with the aiming. All in your head as you desperately look for excuses as to why you’re getting owned in game.
>
>
> you do realize there is video proof and 343 did make a statement about this right?

Yeah, they said there’s nothing wrong with it.

I’ve had no problem whatsoever with aiming. I have no idea what the fuss is about…

There seems to be a slight aiming issue…I dunno. It’s hard to say.

> 2533274800438887;12:
> There seems to be a slight aiming issue…I dunno. It’s hard to say.

Yeah, it’s called bad players.

> 2533274870489921;11:
> I’ve had no problem whatsoever with aiming. I have no idea what the fuss is about…

Likewise. Seems tighter than any other Halo thats for sure. Takes skill, thats the problem.

> 2533274870489921;11:
> I’ve had no problem whatsoever with aiming. I have no idea what the fuss is about…

Same i like it alot.

> 2533274946664346;9:
> > 2656587637345384;5:
> > > 2533274807089448;4:
> > > Diagonals/Axis aiming is not in sync. This causes sudden acceleration when aiming and it can you throw off completely and keep you in a loop as you keep trying to adjust.
> > > I am definitely suffering from it, it feels entirely different from my beta/gamescom experience and not for the better. I also have new 3.5mm jack controllers and apparently it’s possible that the issue only persists in these new controllers.
> >
> >
> > There’s nothing wrong with the aiming. All in your head as you desperately look for excuses as to why you’re getting owned in game.
>
>
> you do realize there is video proof and 343 did make a statement about this right?

The aiming is undoubtedly different. Whether or not it’s bad is more of a matter of opinion. I don’t like it, but I’m adjusting to it. I would like more options for personalizing it, but I don’t expect that to happen or for it to change, so I will continue to play with it. It doesn’t break the game.

> 2656587637345384;7:
> > 2535449625725537;6:
> > > 2656587637345384;2:
> > > There isn’t one. The people complaining are the ones who depended heavily on the massive aim assist crutch that has been in the past couple Halo games.
> > >
> > > To the whiners who come to combat me,
> > > Aim assist includes, overly large hitboxes, bloom, bullet magnetism, cross hair pull, etc. All of these ASSIST the player in aiming.
> >
> >
> > I do not recall seeing any post about aim assist being the problem? The acceleration is the problem which is not related to aim assist. People like this who are misinformed spreading the posion.
>
>
> The only poison being spread is misinformation about a problem with aiming.
>
> In fact the guy who started this mumbo jumbo made an edit on reddit apologizing, saying it was actually his bad controller and the settings.
>
> You guys are ridiculous. Now you have a new hit term to throw around as if you know what you’re talking about. That’s the real poison.

Maybe you should educate yourself. (:

> 2656587637345384;10:
> > 2533274946664346;9:
> > > 2656587637345384;5:
> > > > 2533274807089448;4:
> > > > Diagonals/Axis aiming is not in sync. This causes sudden acceleration when aiming and it can you throw off completely and keep you in a loop as you keep trying to adjust.
> > > > I am definitely suffering from it, it feels entirely different from my beta/gamescom experience and not for the better. I also have new 3.5mm jack controllers and apparently it’s possible that the issue only persists in these new controllers.
> > >
> > >
> > > There’s nothing wrong with the aiming. All in your head as you desperately look for excuses as to why you’re getting owned in game.
> >
> >
> > you do realize there is video proof and 343 did make a statement about this right?
>
>
> Yeah, they said there’s nothing wrong with it.

well if thats the case then ok i personally thought this game was bad so i didnt bother buying so im not really following it much
but if the aiming works then i guess its in peoples heads.

> 2535449625725537;17:
> > 2656587637345384;7:
> > > 2535449625725537;6:
> > > > 2656587637345384;2:
> > > > There isn’t one. The people complaining are the ones who depended heavily on the massive aim assist crutch that has been in the past couple Halo games.
> > > >
> > > > To the whiners who come to combat me,
> > > > Aim assist includes, overly large hitboxes, bloom, bullet magnetism, cross hair pull, etc. All of these ASSIST the player in aiming.
> > >
> > >
> > > I do not recall seeing any post about aim assist being the problem? The acceleration is the problem which is not related to aim assist. People like this who are misinformed spreading the posion.
> >
> >
> > The only poison being spread is misinformation about a problem with aiming.
> >
> > In fact the guy who started this mumbo jumbo made an edit on reddit apologizing, saying it was actually his bad controller and the settings.
> >
> > You guys are ridiculous. Now you have a new hit term to throw around as if you know what you’re talking about. That’s the real poison.
>
>
> http://wccftech.com/343i-address-halo-5-diagonal-aiming-issue-future-update/
>
> Maybe you should educate yourself. (:

Update your controller from the dashboard.

Problem solved.

Badmagik,

U mad.

There is an issue with aiming, I didn’t know if it was just me but once I logged onto the forum it became clear more people were noticing the random increase in acceleration. I’ve played on all sensitivities and it’s a problem across the board.