Can someone explain legendary weapons please?

I read that Halo 5/warzone will have different variants of certain weapons and i believe they are called “legendary” weapons, what is this? What are they refering to?

Legendary weapons are slightly more powerful variants of the base weapon. For example, the Prophets Bane gives you increased movement speed and further lunge distance.

> 2533274889350043;2:
> Legendary weapons are slightly more powerful variants of the base weapon. For example, the Prophets Bane gives you increased movement speed and further lunge distance.

Yeah, and they’re tied to significant characters from the lore and have a slightly different appearance from the regular version. For a few examples, there is the Prophet’s Bane, which is Arbiter Thel 'Vadam’s energy sword. There’s Linda’s sniper rifle and Kelly’s shotgun. There will be others as well.

Legendary weapons give you slight increase in abilities. The Legendary Rocket Launcher will give you abilities to. I am pumped to see how these fit.

> 2533274792737987;4:
> Legendary weapons give you slight increase in abilities. The Legendary Rocket Launcher will give you abilities to. I am pumped to see how these fit.

Will it be the SpNKr?

> 2533274848599184;5:
> > 2533274792737987;4:
> > Legendary weapons give you slight increase in abilities. The Legendary Rocket Launcher will give you abilities to. I am pumped to see how these fit.
>
>
> Will it be the SpNKr?

yes, the legendary version of the rocket launcher will be the original one.

Legendary weapons are essentially special weapons of the normal ones. The Prophets Bane is Arby’s energy sword, and we will have other legendary weapons such as the SPNKr rocket launcher, and in the sprint the mentioned having a Halo CE pistol which is awesome!

Here’s hoping that the Plasma Rifle will be a Legendary Weapon. It was sad to see such an iconic weapon go in Halo 4. #StormrifleSucks

And if you have watched the new Sprint series, one of the designers were teasing about a legendary magnum that resembles the old magnum from previous Halo’s

> 2533274831485349;8:
> Here’s hoping that the Plasma Rifle will be a Legendary Weapon. It was sad to see such an iconic weapon go in Halo 4. #StormrifleSucks

Have you seen how they changed it for H5? Greenskull says that it’s a little harder to handle but does more damage.

> 2533274973030620;10:
> > 2533274831485349;8:
> > Here’s hoping that the Plasma Rifle will be a Legendary Weapon. It was sad to see such an iconic weapon go in Halo 4. #StormrifleSucks
>
>
> Have you seen how they changed it for H5? Greenskull says that it’s a little harder to handle but does more damage.

No, I have not. Hopefully it’s quite a lot better.
What I loved about the Plasma Rifle though was that it fired precise shots if you didn’t hold down the trigger, but the Storm Rifle wasn’t precise at all, it just seemed like a bad plasma version of the Assault Rifle.

EDIT: Do you have any Storm Rifle gameplay for me? I’d love to see some.

Basically power weapons. For example, on Truth, you get the Prophet’s Bane. It’s basically a better Energy Sword.

Normal weapons go pew pew or zap zap

Legendary weapons go pewpewpewpew! or zappityzappityzoo!

Due to a conflict of name, 343 Industries have elected to name “Legendary” weapons “Mythic”. The Mythic weapon are the highest classified weapons above any tiers, they have potentially unique properties that allow them to function different from the base weapon.

Base Weaponry
Tier 1 - X Weaponry (Unknown when tiers end)
Mythic Weaponry

> 2576836393959214;13:
> Normal weapons go pew pew or zap zap
>
> Legendary weapons go pewpewpewpew! or zappityzappityzoo!

That is as clear an answer as I need!

> 2533274973030620;10:
> > 2533274831485349;8:
> > Here’s hoping that the Plasma Rifle will be a Legendary Weapon. It was sad to see such an iconic weapon go in Halo 4. #StormrifleSucks
>
>
> Have you seen how they changed it for H5? Greenskull says that it’s a little harder to handle but does more damage.

He was talking about the Storm Rifle. The plasma rifle made an appearance in the Halo 2 anniversary scenes, but hasn’t been seen yet. With the confirmation of the storm rifle from Warzone, I think it would be safe to say the plasma rifle has again been cut from the game, as i can’t picture both being in the game, as they are too similar.

Someone mentioned Linda’s Sniper Rifle. Is that a thing, meaning is it confirmed? Also would it give the player Active Camo and allow radar while zooming?
Edit: Nevermind, I just saw The Sprint and saw it.

> 2533274831388058;17:
> Someone mentioned Linda’s Sniper Rifle. Is that a thing, meaning is it confirmed? Also would it give the player Active Camo and allow radar while zooming?

Yes it is confirmed. It was shown in the Sprint as having a tan/beige camo pattern and some small yellow highlights. They haven’t talked about what abilities mythic weapons will grant, if any.

They also showed Kelly’s shotgun as being a mythic weapon. It looks like a regular shotgun with a stylized picture of a rabbit on the side.

> 2533274796974117;18:
> > 2533274831388058;17:
> > Someone mentioned Linda’s Sniper Rifle. Is that a thing, meaning is it confirmed? Also would it give the player Active Camo and allow radar while zooming?
>
>
> Yes it is confirmed. It was shown in the Sprint as having a tan/beige camo pattern and some small yellow highlights. They haven’t talked about what abilities mythic weapons will grant, if any.
>
> They also showed Kelly’s shotgun as being a mythic weapon. It looks like a regular shotgun with a stylized picture of a rabbit on the side.

Most likely with a higher rate of fire since Kelly is the fastest Spartan ever. Would be cool to have these Mythic weapons and being able to have better stats and abilities and such