Can someone explain extraction for me?

title^

i read the description in the interactive guide. is it basically crysis 2’s crashsite minus the crashing of ships? thanks for the help!

Land grab where if a territory is held for a long enough time, the team gets a point and it disappears from the map.

so its basically a new name for land grab?

Actually think of it more like King of the Hill meets Neutral Flag. A team tries to capture a randomly placed zone, when they capture it an item spawns that they must return to a certain point on the map, I assume their base.

> Actually think of it more like King of the Hill meets Neutral Flag. A team tries to capture a randomly placed zone, when they capture it an item spawns that they must return to a certain point on the map, I assume their base.

hmm thats actually pretty sick. i like it

Thats what I got from it, it might not be right but the details are really vague.

This was posted about an hour ago, might help with understanding it.

> This was posted about an hour ago, might help with understanding it.

why thank you

Nope. There’s random areas in the map designated as ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, DELTA and ECHO. Each of these areas contain crates of forerunner tech. In order to win, your team must place a beacon in the areas with the crates of info, and protect that beacon for 45 seconds (I believe). After 45 seconds, the UNSC infinity extracts the crates of info along the beacon via teletransportation.

The catch is that at any given time, the opposing team can place another beacon on an already captured area, in order to stop the enemy from extracting that info, and extracting it for their team, scoring them a point.

First team to extract 5 caches of tech, or the one with the most crates captured by the end of the match wins.

Only 2 areas active at any given time. Whenever one is captured, a new one pops up.