Can somebody PLEASE come up with a better name than 'Spartan Ops'?

Just hearing it makes me cringe. Same goes for Forerunner Vision and Spartan Points. Anybody got any better ideas?

Spartan Points
cR (Credits)
Mjolnir Moolah (MFW)
Currency
Reward Points
ONI Credits
Halo Points
Reclaimer Points
Mjolnir Points
Combat Points
Credence
Experience
Resources
Weapons/Armoury Resources

Spartan Ops
Infinity Chronicles
Campaign Infinity
Spartan Deployment
Operation Spartan IV
Project Loki
Mjolnir Missions
Operation: Infinity
Headhunters
Infinity Corps
Operation Warground
Operation Valkyire
Frontline
ONI Ops
Spartan Deployment Initiative

Forerunner Vision
X-ray (note: this is a scientifically fallacious name as X-rays cannot be used in such a situation, due to the fact they don’t reflect, either penetrating or being scattered by materials. However, it sounds far less gimmicky than Forerunner Vision.)
VISR v2
TITAN
LENS
Ghost Visor
Omni-Vision
Pervasion
Predator Vision
ForeSight

Note - this is just my opinion, and I’m not going to leave out suggestions because they don’t fit with this, but I think names which are simple and to-the-point sound better. The bold names are my personal favourites. Unfortunately, all the obvious names for Spartan Ops have the hated word ‘Ops’ in them, so that list is blank.

oni credits or something like that idk lol

What makes you think it’s the final name and not a place holder?

Forerunner vision: X-ray

Spartan points: Unsc credits or Merits/merit points

Mjolnir Moolah!

> Mjolnir Moolah!

If they have to have a money system my votes for this name.

> Mjolnir Moolah!

I change my answer to this! Lol! XD

> What makes you think it’s the final name and not a place holder?

What makes you think I think it’s the final name and not a placeholder?

> > What makes you think it’s the final name and not a place holder?
>
> What makes you think I think it’s the final name and not a placeholder?

How about making a whole thread dedicated to it?

> > > What makes you think it’s the final name and not a place holder?
> >
> > What makes you think I think it’s the final name and not a placeholder?
>
> How about making a whole thread dedicated to it?

If you’re saying:

  1. OP made a thread on the names
  2. Therefore OP is sure the names aren’t placeholders

Then your argument utilizes fallacious logic, specifically non sequitur between points 1 and 2.

I agree.
The concept is incredible. The name is…lame.

My proposals:
Spartan Ops:
Give it either a name that ties to the story being told, or name it the Infinity Chronicles or something like that. As they are tied to the missions the S4’s perform when off of the Infinity.

Forerunner Vision:
Meh…lame name but at the same time it works I guess.

Spartan Points:
How about just Cr? After all…they’re exactly the same as Cr from Reach, just not tied to a rank.

> > What makes you think it’s the final name and not a place holder?
>
> What makes you think I think it’s the final name and not a placeholder?

I like where this is going

I agree with you. The names or placeholders if that’s what they only are at the moment (I hope) are quite poor.

My suggestions:

Spartan Ops:

  • Campaign Infinity
  • Spartan Deployment
  • Operation Spartan IV

Spartan Points:

  • Credits
  • Currency
  • Reward Points

Agreed so hard. Out of all of the changes, the only things I disagree with are names and instant spawns. These names need to change, not only are they ripoffs, they just sound stupid.

cR and Infinite Chronicles sound good.

Projects Loki, instead of Spartan ops for me Loki being god of mischief and shapeshifter puts me mind of the original intention of the SAS and the long range desert group and other real world special forces, mischief and havoc behind enemy lines without being so mind numbingly obvious as Spartan ops

I feel the same way.

My suggestions:

Forerunner Vision—> VISR 2
Spartan Ops—> Operation: Infinty

Spartan Points isn’t THAT bad. I understand the canonical explanation for it.

EDIT: …but “Reward Points” are better.

cR instead of spartain points.
Infinity chronicles sounds awesome.
VISR m2 instead of forerunner vision, or another acronym that works well.

Thanks for this thread. It just sounds way too ripping off with Spartan Points, Spartan(Spec)-Ops and Forerunner Vision.

I don’t like the idea of points at all you might as go the whole hog and call them “patriot points” or more honest and just settle with “blood money” money and warfare in the same place is so distasteful I cant tell you

> <mark>Just hearing it makes me cringe.</mark> Same goes for Forerunner Vision and Spartan Points. Anybody got any better ideas?
>
> Spartan Points
> <mark>cR / Credits</mark>
> Mjolnir Moolah
> Currency
> Reward Points
> ONI Credits
>
> Spartan Ops
> Infinity Chronicles
> <mark>Campaign Infinity</mark>
> Spartan Deployment
> Operation Spartan IV
> Project Loki
> Mjolnir Missions
> Operation: Infinity
>
> Forerunner Vision
> X-ray (note: this is a scientifically fallacious name as X-rays cannot be used in such a situation, due to the fact they don’t reflect, either penetrating or being scattered by materials. However, it sounds far less gimmicky than Forerunner Vision.)
> VISR 2

They should keep it simple and not so cheesy, I agree. :stuck_out_tongue: