Can some one help me. need serious help.

i was playing halo yesterday, and i moved my xbox by accident and it happened, the disc inside was scratched " complete circle scratch" , and now every time i put the disc in it ether say : unrecognizable disc" or when it say play game it immediately say unreadable disc after launch. please can anyone tell me what to do, any help would be appreciated. thank you.

You can’t do anything but try to wash it, or buy a new disc. Since it unfortunately was your fault, you won’t get anything in return. I’m sorry.

I did the same thing with GTA San Andreas.

Try rubbing some aftershave on it, or spay it with deodorant (not the antipersprint type that leave white residue) and wipe it with a clean cloth.

To be honest that wont probably wont help as the damage is too extensive - but give it a go!

Also, if you live near a “GAME” shop (UK) you could try taking it in store and they have a machine that buffs scratches, they will charge you about £4 to try and buff the disc. - Again a long shot as the damage could be too serious.

Try putting in the broken disc - and then insert Disc 2 into the console…that may work…or vice-versa…-Longshot

Looks like you will have to buy a new copy of the game - but from the sound of things on this forum their should be lots of pre-owned copies for fairly cheap.

The only useful help i can advise is:

NEVER MOVE THE CONSOLE WHILE IT IS SWITCHED ON AND HAS A GAME IN THE TRAY!

Infact you should not even more a console with a disc in when it is switched off.

My San Andreas never worked again :frowning:

> I did the same thing with GTA San Andreas.
>
> Try rubbing some aftershave on it, or spay it with deodorant (not the antipersprint type that leave white residue) and wipe it with a clean cloth.
>
> To be honest that wont probably wont help as the damage is too extensive - but give it a go!
>
>
>
> Also, if you live near a “GAME” shop (UK) you could try taking it in store and they have a machine that buffs scratches, they will charge you about £4 to try and buff the disc. - Again a long shot as the damage could be too serious.
>
> Try putting in the broken disc - and then insert Disc 2 into the console…that may work…or vice-versa…-Longshot
>
> Looks like you will have to buy a new copy of the game - but from the sound of things on this forum their should be lots of pre-owned copies for fairly cheap.
>
> The only useful help i can advise is:
>
> NEVER MOVE THE CONSOLE WHILE IT IS SWITCHED ON AND HAS A GAME IN THE TRAY!
>
> <mark>Infact you should not even more a console with a disc in when it is switched off.</mark>
>
> My San Andreas never worked again :frowning:

I used to do this all the time and my games still work fine. I have also heard that peanut butter and toothpaste work as well to fix discs. Just do a search on google, I’m sure you’ll find a solution pretty easily. Otherwise you could always go on ebay and get one for cheap.

try installing the game disc to your hard drive. If the disc is not completely damaged the install should be successful. Then it should boot and playable without a problem.Otherwise you’ll have to get a new disc.

> The only useful help i can advise is:
>
> NEVER MOVE THE CONSOLE WHILE IT IS SWITCHED ON AND HAS A GAME IN THE TRAY!

Actually, I’ve noticed that if you have the game installed, the mentioned problem doesn’t happen.

> > The only useful help i can advise is:
> >
> > NEVER MOVE THE CONSOLE WHILE IT IS SWITCHED ON AND HAS A GAME IN THE TRAY!
>
> Actually, I’ve noticed that if you have the game installed, the mentioned problem doesn’t happen.

Obviously, because then the disc is not spinning in the drive, and the laser is not active.

I was not attempting to provide a intricate set of laws or console movement legislature. lol

OP: you could also try using a friends disc to install the game and then use your own disc from then on - to boot it. I’m pretty sure all MM maps and data are automatically installed anyways…

Like I said GAME is probably the best place to get it repaired or BLOCKBUSTERS or any rental store but it is unlikely.

Double post deleted

Depends on the current price of the title in stores but you can get a replacement cheaper with this:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/disc-drive/disc-replacement-program

Tough break sorry to hear it. I was in gamestop last night and saw some used copies on hand. You could always trade in some old games and get a used copy for cheap.

> OP: you could also try using a friends disc to install the game and then use your own disc from then on - to boot it. I’m pretty sure all MM maps and data are automatically installed anyways…

This is what I would suggest. Rent or borrow the game, install it, then try with your disc. Good luck.

This is why I tell people don’t stand your 360 vertically. Lay it horizontally on it’s side.

Take it to your locale game store have them send it away to a company that fixes scratched discs. Allmost all scratches on a disc can be fixed as long as the layer where all the data is printed on doesn’t get scratched.