Can some modes be playable offline

as the title states

i recently discovered this while my internet was down and is something that will happen later when the server eventually get shut down.
both forge and normal multiplayer are not accessible while offline, which i feel isnt completely how it should be.
obviously multiplayer cant be fully used offline but i should be able to create and play custom games when i want. (does this game have lan play? if no get in in there)
warzone is another mode thats cant be fully offline but even there i should be able to do something (firefight anyone?) and lan play again should be here.

now forge doesnt have this issue, that should be able to run fully offline.

so now you guys are fixing mcc this can be done too i feel.

This is my biggest issue with always-on/always-connected games. For me, if I pay money to buy a game, I shouldn’t need internet access to play non-online features (like Forge). Obviously multiplayer can’t work…but there should be a split-screen and/or LAN option for that contingency.

I’d hope that 343 rolls out more offline features (for the “just in case” situations of internet outage), but I’d bet that’s more of a Microsoft policy than 343.

For Halo 5, things like this are now out of scope I’m afraid. I know that the Forge team did want to get it running offline and released to the community, it just wasn’t possible for them to get done at the time but I’m sure it’s something they have been working on for future games. Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads in General Discussion if you want to discuss getting things like this reintroduced to future games :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;3:
> For Halo 5, things like this are now out of scope I’m afraid. I know that the Forge team did want to get it running offline and released to the community, it just wasn’t possible for them to get done at the time but I’m sure it’s something they have been working on for future games. Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads in General Discussion if you want to discuss getting things like this reintroduced to future games :slight_smile:

fixing mcc was too, now they are doing it. maybe that team can do that after mcc has recieved its updates

> 2535417276517315;4:
> > 2533274813317074;3:
> > For Halo 5, things like this are now out of scope I’m afraid. I know that the Forge team did want to get it running offline and released to the community, it just wasn’t possible for them to get done at the time but I’m sure it’s something they have been working on for future games. Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads in General Discussion if you want to discuss getting things like this reintroduced to future games :slight_smile:
>
> fixing mcc was too, now they are doing it. maybe that team can do that after mcc has recieved its updates

MCC has been working for a long time now. It’s not being “fixed” so to speak more so just updated. Sadly all games are going to mostly online only. Even at one time before Xbox one was released it was going to be an online console only. I agree though that games do need a more offline features. Especially when servers go down. They were down just the other day, granted it was only a few hours but still it does suck when you want to and go to sign and can’t.

> 2535417276517315;4:
> > 2533274813317074;3:
> > For Halo 5, things like this are now out of scope I’m afraid. I know that the Forge team did want to get it running offline and released to the community, it just wasn’t possible for them to get done at the time but I’m sure it’s something they have been working on for future games. Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads in General Discussion if you want to discuss getting things like this reintroduced to future games :slight_smile:
>
> fixing mcc was too, now they are doing it. maybe that team can do that after mcc has recieved its updates

Just wait, the next big hardware reveal will get Microsoft all wet and they’ll force 343i to revisit Halo 5 to fix everything that’s broken about it. It will be “a great opportunity to revisit older titles and update the entire portfolio.” Sucks that big publishers are so out of touch these days to not see how past titles were successful and brought in tons of cash because they let the talent do the work. 343i has the talent and enough feedback to make games great these days, but Microsoft loves screwing their exclusives however much they can.