Can PC and Xbox play multiplayer together?

If i purchase and download HW2 on windows 10, can i sign in to my microsoft account (from my pc) join parties/ play multiplayer matches with my friends on xbox? or am i limited to PC only servers? This wil decide if I download this game on PC or xbox. THANKS :slight_smile:

No. Halo Wars 2 isn’t cross play compatible, so you are limited to PC servers.

> 2. Does Halo Wars 2 support “cross play” between Xbox One & Windows 10 PC?
>
> No, it’s not possible to play across/between the Xbox One and Windows 10 PC versions of Halo Wars 2. Players on each respective platform will play with other players on the same platform.

> 3. What is “Play Anywhere”?
>
> When you purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere title digitally, it’s yours to play on both Xbox and Windows 10. You only need to purchase the game once via the store on your Xbox or Windows 10 device and it will appear in your game library wherever you sign in.
>
> To learn more about Xbox Play Anywhere and see which games are supported, visit the Xbox Play Anywhere website.

Cross-platform play is not available for Halo Wars 2. It’s something they wanted to do but it had too many issues.

Would’ve been a nice addition to Campaign and other cooperative game modes.

Maybe they will add this feature in the future at least for the co-op?

It would’ve been a nice twist to matchmaking, but sadly it isn’t a cross platform game. Maybe in the future once all the kinks are worked out.