can microsoft just be a tad more open?

I understand why 343 and/or microsoft wants to keep most of infinite a secret but the least they could do is occasionally release some concept art of new armor or existing weapons every few weeks just to keep us interested and so there is at least some feed back before it releases. it’d be pretty bad if infinite is rejected by most of the fans just because it doesn’t meet their expectations even if infinite turns out to be a good game. if we’re given a small idea of what it will be like, at least a basic idea of certain mechanics or show off a little more visuals, then the fans can get some idea of what the game will be like so we don’t get overly hyped up for a game that can’t possibly meet the crazy expectations that sprout up from speculation based on such little information. plus if something is released that isn’t excepted well by the community, 343 has a chance to alter it before the game is released.

> 2533274889282194;1:
> I understand why 343 and/or microsoft wants to keep most of infinite a secret but the least they could do is occasionally release some concept art of new armor or existing weapons every few weeks just to keep us interested and so there is at least some feed back before it releases. it’d be pretty bad if infinite is rejected by most of the fans just because it doesn’t meet their expectations even if infinite turns out to be a good game. if we’re given a small idea of what it will be like, at least a basic idea of certain mechanics or show off a little more visuals, then the fans can get some idea of what the game will be like so we don’t get overly hyped up for a game that can’t possibly meet the crazy expectations that sprout up from speculation based on such little information. plus if something is released that isn’t excepted well by the community, 343 has a chance to alter it before the game is released.

I understand your anxiety, but you need to understand since Scalebound, a Xbox Exclusive, was annouced very early on the start of this gen. Since then, they developed a voluptuous Hype on the media and Xbox community. When they announced was canceled, the community goes rage and the Media started to blame Microsoft to lack of exclusivity. They learned they couldn’t show something if was really defined yet.
I think 343i could be more communicative to our community if they really listen to us instead of remain silence. But I cannot agree if they show something early. First, because of spoilers, and second, if they show to us something there maybe will not be on the final release.

I love concept art

After the advertisement campaign of H5 id rather them have it nailed down before they show anything, and they better be cognizant of what they show vs the finished product. That said things like the art style that should be decided at this point could give us concept art or general things of that nature.

To me its almost irritating that after 3 years we know next to nothing. I guess you try & be patient but when it could be 5 years between games, that really tests the patience lol.

I think being open also means being clearer about their vision, things change a lot in game development because there are that many variables to deal with and I mean look at Halo 5’s marketing campaign, that was a direct result of things changing in development and then the final product not meeting expectations due to changes.

Be patient, 343 are working a lot harder on being transparent but you just need to hold tight until they’re ready. They’re working super hard to make a great Halo game.

I am happy they are taking their time. I am treating the MCC update as if it is a Halo release all on its own. Proba ly going to do some achievement hunting on MCC and 5, and I have started hosting Halo LAN parties again. I have plenty to do while I wait for Halo infinite!

I completely understand everyone’s frustration, but distance (silence in this case) makes the heart grow fonder. I want 343 to be as secretive as possible. Even though I would love some more info this XO in November, I am fine with waiting until E3. Xbox has been making so many surprises lately and it’s only added to the hype. The only thing I am okay with is art work. Not of the chief or any specific characters, but of the beautiful world that they are building.

I would like some concept art every once in a while. I think the game is far off from release so I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to get feedback in. They’re going to do flights so that should be good for the game.

People need to learn patience. Infinite is still likely 2 years away And that’s assuming a fall 2020 release date.
Beside, for this early in development we know quite a bit. Split screen, no real money loot boxes, multiplayer will once again have an esports focus.
We also know that we’ll eventually have early access test flights and beta(s) where we the community can address any potential issue of game mechanics.

Sure these are all generalizations but at least we know something. Plus. On the campaign side we know at least a portion of the game will take place on Zeta Halo on May 25, 2560. We’ve all seen the tech demo, and there are 2 pieces of concept art floating around. 1 , 2

So for a game releasing in a couple years, we’ve got, IMO, a decent amount of information. But it’s human nature to always want more. It may come soon in November at X018, or we may have to wait till E3 for anything substantial.

> 2535436090432793;2:
> > 2533274889282194;1:
> > I understand why 343 and/or microsoft wants to keep most of infinite a secret but the least they could do is occasionally release some concept art of new armor or existing weapons every few weeks just to keep us interested and so there is at least some feed back before it releases. it’d be pretty bad if infinite is rejected by most of the fans just because it doesn’t meet their expectations even if infinite turns out to be a good game. if we’re given a small idea of what it will be like, at least a basic idea of certain mechanics or show off a little more visuals, then the fans can get some idea of what the game will be like so we don’t get overly hyped up for a game that can’t possibly meet the crazy expectations that sprout up from speculation based on such little information. plus if something is released that isn’t excepted well by the community, 343 has a chance to alter it before the game is released.
>
> I understand your anxiety, but you need to understand since Scalebound, a Xbox Exclusive, was annouced very early on the start of this gen. Since then, they developed a voluptuous Hype on the media and Xbox community. When they announced was canceled, the community goes rage and the Media started to blame Microsoft to lack of exclusivity. They learned they couldn’t show something if was really defined yet.
> I think 343i could be more communicative to our community if they really listen to us instead of remain silence. But I cannot agree if they show something early. First, because of spoilers, and second, if they show to us something there maybe will not be on the final release.

I think you phrased this the best anyone could’ve.
We don’t have next to any information, but it could very well be an account that released business has to be solid and unchangeable, as to not get called out that “this and this isn’t like what you showed us 2 years ago!”
it makes sense.

But, is that a sensible solution off the top of your head or is there an apology from Microsoft somewhere along with a declaration that this is how they are going to market there games from now on?
I just would like to know, your suggestion makes sense but I want to see if they’ve ever taken the time to interact with their community and say this outright.

This shouldn’t be an unspoken assumption, cause you know how those end up.
We’ll be angrier with Microsoft more then if they would’ve told us.

> 2533274852314926;10:
> People need to learn patience. Infinite is still likely 2 years away And that’s assuming a fall 2020 release date.
> Beside, for this early in development we know quite a bit. Split screen, no real money loot boxes, multiplayer will once again have an esports focus.
> We also know that we’ll eventually have early access test flights and beta(s) where we the community can address any potential issue of game mechanics.
>
> Sure these are all generalizations but at least we know something. Plus. On the campaign side we know at least a portion of the game will take place on Zeta Halo on May 25, 2560. We’ve all seen the tech demo, and there are 2 pieces of concept art floating around. 1 , 2So for a game releasing in a couple years, we’ve got, IMO, a decent amount of information. But it’s human nature to always want more. It may come soon in November at X018, or we may have to wait till E3 for anything substantial.

Patience is good but they don’t realistically have to show anything to tell us what’s going on.
Its also human nature that we assume an Unspoken Assumption is better then a spoken one, which is what causes so many teenage conflicts in this day and age.
I say, saying that “this is what we are planning, but it’s still in a relatively low stage of development” would be enough.
I mean sure you’ll have people saying “you’re a company come on you should’ve had this done years ago.”
hell, I might even say that, but at least you told the truth.

A sour truth is better then a sweet lie, and would Microsoft a much more respectable company, at least from my standpoint. I don’t know if 343 has ever done this, cause I don use Twitter, and haven’t seen all of their forum posts, but you catch my drift right?

> 2533275013567761;11:
> > 2535436090432793;2:
> > > 2533274889282194;1:
> > > I understand why 343 and/or microsoft wants to keep most of infinite a secret but the least they could do is occasionally release some concept art of new armor or existing weapons every few weeks just to keep us interested and so there is at least some feed back before it releases. it’d be pretty bad if infinite is rejected by most of the fans just because it doesn’t meet their expectations even if infinite turns out to be a good game. if we’re given a small idea of what it will be like, at least a basic idea of certain mechanics or show off a little more visuals, then the fans can get some idea of what the game will be like so we don’t get overly hyped up for a game that can’t possibly meet the crazy expectations that sprout up from speculation based on such little information. plus if something is released that isn’t excepted well by the community, 343 has a chance to alter it before the game is released.
> >
> > I understand your anxiety, but you need to understand since Scalebound, a Xbox Exclusive, was annouced very early on the start of this gen. Since then, they developed a voluptuous Hype on the media and Xbox community. When they announced was canceled, the community goes rage and the Media started to blame Microsoft to lack of exclusivity. They learned they couldn’t show something if was really defined yet.
> > I think 343i could be more communicative to our community if they really listen to us instead of remain silence. But I cannot agree if they show something early. First, because of spoilers, and second, if they show to us something there maybe will not be on the final release.
>
> I think you phrased this the best anyone could’ve.
> We don’t have next to any information, but it could very well be an account that released business has to be solid and unchangeable, as to not get called out that “this and this isn’t like what you showed us 2 years ago!”
> it makes sense.
>
> But, is that a sensible solution off the top of your head or is there an apology from Microsoft somewhere along with a declaration that this is how they are going to market there games from now on?
> I just would like to know, your suggestion makes sense but I want to see if they’ve ever taken the time to interact with their community and say this outright.
>
> This shouldn’t be an unspoken assumption, cause you know how those end up.
> We’ll be angrier with Microsoft more then if they would’ve told us.

I don’t know.
The only thing is from the interview of Mike Ybarra from Windows Central. He said they still “cleaning the house” from previous bad administration of Dom Matrick (that -Yoink).
I had already said in one post, but Satya Nadella never focused on the Xbox Division too. Recently in these years, Phil Spencer bring more revenue to the Xbox division and got promoted. He tried to put more efforts to bring the feedback-voice of the community to the Nadella’s ears. Well, you see the result: they had already bought 4 studios and build a new one. And recently, they bought the Obsidian. Now, they’re anounced Xcloud.
I found the link to you guys see their vision for their future:

**“This is the level of investment that I think people want to see from Microsoft in Xbox. Why did it take so long to get to this level?**Yeah, Phil [Spencer] has talked about focusing on fixing our hardware and service scenario first, now we’re moving and looking at what other feedback we need to address. Our customers want more games, more exclusive games, epic experiences. I think it’s fair to say it has been a little slower than we want. When you acquire new studios it takes a little time to land all of that.”

The way I feel now that I’m older (much older) when waiting for Halo 2 to come out and reading about it in EGM (anyone remember that magazine?), just made the wait that much longer bc now I was even more pumped and the anticipation was stronger!

Also like many have said, I don’t want my hopes to given up by reading or seeing things they may not make the cut. For example, in that EGM Elites were suppose to have a wall crawl ability and Spartans were gonna have their own special thing. Ofcourse that never made it and glad it didn’t for good reason! But I don’t wanna read about a feature that gets me excited and then it never sees the day of light.

In short the less I know, the quicker it’ll seem like we will all have Halo Infinite in our hands :slight_smile: