Can I turn OFF music in MP?

-First and foremost because I am used to listening to my own music whilst playing.

Does anyone know? Thanks. :slight_smile:

As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.

But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.

> As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
>
> But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.

No Halo game has had this feature. :frowning:

> > As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
> >
> > But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.
>
> No Halo game has had this feature. :frowning:

I thought that they had it? I know that if you have a hard-drive in your Xbox, you can listen to music on it and it will override the game music, like I said in my first post, and you will still get the sound effects.

> > > As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
> > >
> > > But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.
> >
> > No Halo game has had this feature. :frowning:
>
> I thought that they had it? I know that if you have a hard-drive in your Xbox, you can listen to music on it and it will override the game music, like I said in my first post, and you will still get the sound effects.

I am adamantly confident that we never had the ability to turn down sound layers in any halo game.

As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?

Crossing my fingers for sound options in Halo 4.

> > As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
> >
> > But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.
>

The only Halo game that has had the ability to adjust the volume levels was Halo PC, and that’s it. I am all for having the ability to turn off music in MP, but only if we can adjust the volume of music, voice, and SFX.

> > > > As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
> > > >
> > > > But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.
> > >
> > > No Halo game has had this feature. :frowning:
> >
> > I thought that they had it? I know that if you have a hard-drive in your Xbox, you can listen to music on it and it will override the game music, like I said in my first post, and you will still get the sound effects.
>
> I am adamantly confident that we never had the ability to turn down sound layers in any halo game.
>
> As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?
>
> Crossing my fingers for sound options in Halo 4.

Reach had the override feature, except in the opening credits. But from the Start Menu and on it plays the music.

And I’ll be -Yoink!-… Reach doesn’t have the ability to turn down in-game music…

> > > As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
> > >
> > > But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.
> >
> > No Halo game has had this feature. :frowning:
>
> The only Halo game that has had the ability to adjust the volume levels was Halo PC, and that’s it. I am all for having the ability to turn off music in MP, but only if we can adjust the volume of music, voice, and SFX.

Why not, right?

> > > > > As far as I know, if you listen to music from your HDD, it overrides the music in-game.
> > > > >
> > > > > But yes, games have the option to lower the audio levels and music levels, so I don’t see why H4 wouldn’t have it.
> > > >
> > > > No Halo game has had this feature. :frowning:
> > >
> > > I thought that they had it? I know that if you have a hard-drive in your Xbox, you can listen to music on it and it will override the game music, like I said in my first post, and you will still get the sound effects.
> >
> > I am adamantly confident that we never had the ability to turn down sound layers in any halo game.
> >
> > As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?
> >
> > Crossing my fingers for sound options in Halo 4.
>
> Reach had the override feature, except in the opening credits. But from the Start Menu and on it plays the music.

Ok cool but I still have to rip and transfer all my music and CD’s onto the xbox. It would have been so much easier to just turn it off. Oh hell.

> Ok cool but I still have to rip and transfer all my music and CD’s onto the xbox. It would have been so much easier to just turn it off. Oh hell.

Not exactly. If you’re able to, you can use Windows Media Center on the xbox to connect to WMC on your pc/laptop, if you have Windows… and it will allow you to listen to your music directly from the xbox through your computer.

> >
>

Yes it does. I used to do it all the time in Halo 3. Heck, there’s a special thing that comes up when you play Campaign that warns you that you won’t hear the game’s intended music.

> As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?

Being able to listen to music from your Xbox 360 HDD is a universal feature that the console has had since its launch. :stuck_out_tongue:

In Halo 3 (not sure about Reach, assuming it’s the same) when you were listening to music from your console, the game would tell you that in-game music would be disabled, but sound effects would continue to play as normal.

You can basically “mute” in-game music by playing a song from your Xbox, and then pausing it, the in-game music will then remain muted.

But that’s how it worked in Halo 3, guess we’ll just have to see about Halo 4.

> > As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?
>
> Being able to listen to music from your Xbox 360 HDD is a universal feature that the console has had since its launch. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> In Halo 3 (not sure about Reach, assuming it’s the same) when you were listening to music from your console, the game would tell you that in-game music would be disabled, but sound effects would continue to play as normal.
>
> You can basically “mute” in-game music by playing a song from your Xbox, and then pausing it, the in-game music will then remain muted.
>
> But that’s how it worked in Halo 3, guess we’ll just have to see about Halo 4.

This is pretty smart. Alternatively I could just make a custom .mp3 with no sound and play that to mute the music! I hope this works!

:smiley:

> > > As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?
> >
> > Being able to listen to music from your Xbox 360 HDD is a universal feature that the console has had since its launch. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > In Halo 3 (not sure about Reach, assuming it’s the same) when you were listening to music from your console, the game would tell you that in-game music would be disabled, but sound effects would continue to play as normal.
> >
> > You can basically “mute” in-game music by playing a song from your Xbox, and then pausing it, the in-game music will then remain muted.
> >
> > But that’s how it worked in Halo 3, guess we’ll just have to see about Halo 4.
>
> This is pretty smart. Alternatively I could just make a custom .mp3 with no sound and play that to mute the music! I hope this works!
>
> :smiley:

That would work too, but sounds like a bit more faffing around than is necessary since simply muting any supported audio file will achieve the same effect.

>
> Being able to listen to music from your Xbox 360 HDD is a universal feature that the console has had since its launch. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> In Halo 3 (not sure about Reach, assuming it’s the same) when you were listening to music from your console, the game would tell you that in-game music would be disabled, but sound effects would continue to play as normal.
>
> You can basically “mute” in-game music by playing a song from your Xbox, and then pausing it, the in-game music will then remain muted.
>
> But that’s how it worked in Halo 3, guess we’ll just have to see about Halo 4.

It turns off music and the VOICES from the characters in the game.

Great! Another feature Halo has neglected.

There’s nothing to be ashamed of copying features. Every game does it.

Is it really that hard to give volume control let alone separate music and audio control? I hope Halo 4 includes it. I like playing campaign without the looping music.

> > > As for music on the HDD, I seem to remember that only a few games (mostly racing) had this feature?
> >
> > Being able to listen to music from your Xbox 360 HDD is a universal feature that the console has had since its launch. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > In Halo 3 (not sure about Reach, assuming it’s the same) when you were listening to music from your console, the game would tell you that in-game music would be disabled, but sound effects would continue to play as normal.
> >
> > You can basically “mute” in-game music by playing a song from your Xbox, and then pausing it, the in-game music will then remain muted.
> >
> > But that’s how it worked in Halo 3, guess we’ll just have to see about Halo 4.
>
> It turns off music and the VOICES from the characters in the game.

Nope, the SFX and voices are fine, cutscenes will override the HDD music override though.

Hopefully we have that option to turn MM music off